Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the developer: Can you please add the ability to choose which range to display in the small 1x1 widget? Currently, it shows only the Rated range. I'd love the have the ability to choose estimated or ideal...

Also, it seems these two ranges are mixed-up. In my app, my S75 at 68% shows rated range as 316km, and ideal range of 252km. I thought it should be the other way around - Screenshot attached.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171226-095902.png
    Screenshot_20171226-095902.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 74
Hey all, sorry for the radio silence - busy time of year on my end.

@hiroshiy , ah that's a valid point. Do you think it's just Japanese cars, or more generally EU vehicles? I can work on a fix for this and have it out soon.

@ATC@LWSK , I suspect you have an EU vehicle where the rated and ideal values reported by Tesla's servers are reversed (see above). I'll have a fix for this shortly. I also like the idea of having the range type a configuration setting for the Charge widget, so you can choose whether to use rated, ideal, or estimated as your displayed range. I'll add it now!

Also to those asking about the battery heater, unfortunately there is no way to turn this on explicitly. It has always been managed by the car itself and only happens when charging in cold climates, the only thing new I can do is display the status of the battery heater whether it's on or off. Right now this is done pretty poorly on the charge screen so I'll be making this more obvious and informative here soon.

Hey all, sorry for the radio silence - busy time of year on my end.

@hiroshiy , ah that's a valid point. Do you think it's just Japanese cars, or more generally EU vehicles? I can work on a fix for this and have it out soon.

@ATC@LWSK , I suspect you have an EU vehicle where the rated and ideal values reported by Tesla's servers are reversed (see above). I'll have a fix for this shortly. I also like the idea of having the range type a configuration setting for the Charge widget, so you can choose whether to use rated, ideal, or estimated as your displayed range. I'll add it now!

Also to those asking about the battery heater, unfortunately there is no way to turn this on explicitly. It has always been managed by the car itself and only happens when charging in cold climates, the only thing new I can do is display the status of the battery heater whether it's on or off. Right now this is done pretty poorly on the charge screen so I'll be making this more obvious and informative here soon.

@SG57, you are correct, my car is EU spec (well technically, GCC/Middle East spec, but no substantial difference between the two), and funny enough, in European vehicles, Tesla differentiates between Rated and Typical range. For clarification, consider this:

EU Rated = US Ideal
EU Typical = US Rated

No idea why, and not sure how would you be able to sort it out. As long as you give us ability to select which of the ranges is shown in the widget, you've fulfilled my request. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

@mrElbe and @BerTX , hmm I've heard reports about the blinking before although it was on an older version. It had to do with the Maps view on the Location screen not loading properly. I can't reproduce it myself but if it's happening in the latest version I will re-open the issue and address it. Make sure your Google Play Services are updated, also I'd be curious if you can view the official Maps app normally / without it flashing.

@mrElbe and @BerTX , hmm I've heard reports about the blinking before although it was on an older version. It had to do with the Maps view on the Location screen not loading properly. I can't reproduce it myself but if it's happening in the latest version I will re-open the issue and address it. Make sure your Google Play Services are updated, also I'd be curious if you can view the official Maps app normally / without it flashing.
For me it went away before we could try to troubleshoot it.

@SG57, you are correct, my car is EU spec (well technically, GCC/Middle East spec, but no substantial difference between the two), and funny enough, in European vehicles, Tesla differentiates between Rated and Typical range. For clarification, consider this:

EU Rated = US Ideal
EU Typical = US Rated

No idea why, and not sure how would you be able to sort it out. As long as you give us ability to select which of the ranges is shown in the widget, you've fulfilled my request. Thanks, and keep up the good work.
I think Japanese are the same as EU in this regard. More interestingly, our Typical base consumption rate is higher than that of US Rated. For example US X P100D Rated is 342Wh/m or 213Wh/km but Japan Typical is I believe 229Wh/km.

Reactions: SG57
@kimbahpnam , unfortunately iOS plans have been delayed indefinitely due to Apple policy on 3rd party Tesla apps forbidding them from being on the app store. iOS also has more restrictions on what is possible compared to Android, this makes background features on iOS impossible, such as automatic behaviors, cabin temperature protection and plug-in reminders.

I think an iOS app with the best functionality will actually come in the form of a progressive web app using an always-on web service that manages the background features.

@kimbahpnam , unfortunately iOS plans have been delayed indefinitely due to Apple policy on 3rd party Tesla apps forbidding them from being on the app store. iOS also has more restrictions on what is possible compared to Android, this makes background features on iOS impossible, such as automatic behaviors, cabin temperature protection and plug-in reminders.

I think an iOS app with the best functionality will actually come in the form of a progressive web app using an always-on web service that manages the background features.

Eff.
Just came from S7 to iphone 8 couple months ago (before delivery)....

Hey all,

Put out a small-ish update last night, here's the important bits:
  • Improved the battery heater status indicator on the charge screen
  • Added the battery heater status indicator to the Wear app
  • Bug fix: app crashed when connecting to a Model 3 due to missing trim badging returned by the APIs
  • Added revoke authorization token support in the Settings screen under Advanced
  • Quite a few more other minor bug fixes and reliability improvements
I plan to get out another update soon with a fix for the EU rated-ideal range swap, it just so happened the Model 3 crash came to my attention an hour ago so I needed to get this out.

Be sure to update especially if you own a Model 3 to restore functionality.

Let me know if any of you encounter any errors or have any questions, I'll be monitoring closely the next few days catching up on support emails and the like. Thanks for your support!

@ANATOLYDDS , unfortunately iOS support has been postponed indefinitely due to Apple policy preventing apps by the nature of a 3rd party Tesla from being sold on the app store. Also, background service restrictions on iOS would prevent certain advanced features from working altogether, such as plug-in reminder, smart charging, automatic behaviors, camper mode, and cabin temperature protection. These services would need to be moved to a 3rd party web service which inherits large overhead in terms of service security and operating costs.

I may have a solution in mind for all users, iOS included, but that is in the future and will be reported on by then.

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe
Is it possible through the app to have the car charge to certain % by a certain time? For instance at night I plug in usually only charge to 90%. If I am taking a road trip the next day I would like it to charge to 100% but only complete that right before I leave at a specified time, ie charge to 90% when I plug in at 5pm and the have it charge to 100% from 5 to 6am. Thanks for the feedback.

Is it possible through the app to have the car charge to certain % by a certain time? For instance at night I plug in usually only charge to 90%. If I am taking a road trip the next day I would like it to charge to 100% but only complete that right before I leave at a specified time, ie charge to 90% when I plug in at 5pm and the have it charge to 100% from 5 to 6am. Thanks for the feedback.

There is a third-party Android app that can do that, but it isn't a feature that Tesla currently offers.