Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SG57 Great job! We're back in business again.
Thanks for the awesome support!

I've identified the issue and released a fix for it in the latest version of the app, be sure to update ASAP.

The issue was with the latest Tesla firmware changing its data contracts slightly. I've put a lot of safeguards in place to help mitigate and prevent a total failure like this that renders the app unusable should this ever happen in the future.

Happy Thanksgiving![/QUOTE

Reactions: SG57
@SG57 How do I hide this persistent notification of "Smart Charging Processing..."? I can swipe it away but then it's back in a few minutes. It started when I set my car to be able to sleep correctly.

The only smart charge I have setup is for at home to be charged by 6am. I'm at work and it's processing all morning, even rebooted my phone!

@Peewee , oh gee. Let me fix that right now, sorry about that!

@miken79 , the processing notification happens every 15 minutes or so to check on the location of your vehicle and it does so in a way not to wake up the vehicle. This polling, and by extension this processing notification, is unavoidable however the processing notification itself is not required. On Android Oreo and newer you can now modify the notification settings specific to background services so they aren't as intrusive, such as removing sound or lower priority. You can get to these settings easily from the Settings screen in Dashboard for Tesla under the "Notifications" category..

Still, I'll add a setting to hide these processing notifications and have it out in the new release that's coming out tonight.

This new release also has an important Smart charging fix, much better speed clocking details, my own push notifications, and some other good stuff I'm forgetting to mention.

Last edited:
Hey all, new update just rolled out with some neat additions.

-

8qm5fiz.png
zj7RMRl.png[

Improved Speed Clocking Details

This got requested quite a bit so here's the first edition at adding decently useful speed clocking data analysis right from within the app. You can switch between the detailed overview and the graphical analysis, also tapping a point on the graph will bring up the same detailed analysis up until that point.

This change is retroactive and works with all pre-existing recordings you may have.

What you see above is only a fraction of what you can view in the app:
  • Data Points
  • Start Time
  • End time
  • Duration
  • 0-30
  • 0-60
  • 0-100
  • 40-100
  • 1/4 mile
  • Start Speed
  • End Speed
  • Min Speed
  • Max Speed
  • Start Power
  • End Power
  • Min Power
  • Max Power
  • Start Odometer
  • End Odometer
  • Net Odometer
  • Start Location
  • End Location
  • Distance
I plan to add more analysis and calculations, especially as you guys suggest them, so feel free to export the raw data to CSV yourself to plug into another program to crunch numbers and also get an idea of the data that is available for me to work with in the app, take special note of the resolution (not the greatest..). Some missing data I'd like to add to the analysis soon would be:
  • Start Battery
  • End Battery
  • Net Battery
  • Start Range
  • End Range
  • Net Range
  • Map Tracking (plot each data point on a map to reconstruct your path)
Note:
These added details may help identify any bugs in speed clocking that have been elusive this whole time, so please do report if you see discrepancies not explainable due to lack of data resolution or precision.

Fun Fact:
The details in this screenshot are of my 2016 Model S 75D immediately after having it uncorked on low battery. Notice the 337 kW max power, for the record my previous corked recordings maxed at 275 kW :)

-

Push Notifications

This is a win for everybody, I've added support for sending my own push notifications. This makes everyone's life easier now that I can disseminate important information.

Currently, this will only be used for notifying those running older versions of the app that a new update is available, and also critical information to those affected should a serious issue arise (such as the Tesla API change for newer firmwares last week that broke the app).

This is by no means meant to nag anyone for anything, I plan to use this power for good. If you'd like and you're running Android Oreo or newer however, you can block the General notifications channel for the app to stop from seeing these, however I'd advise against it.

-

Other Changes
  • Background services bug fix affecting Android Oreo and newer due to new background execution limitations
  • Smart charging bug fix where the service wasn't rescheduling on days that weren't enabled for any location
  • Added battery heater on status indicator to the charge screen
  • Added show/hide background service processing notification setting
-

Coming Soon
  • New firmware- investigating open trunk/frunk command support
  • Wear Summon support
  • Charge time-price estimator utility
  • Powerwall support
-

If you want to try the new stuff out for yourself for free, use this access code for full access to all features the app has to offer usable on your actual Tesla vehicle valid Friday-only:

To enter an access code, press-and-hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds when signing in like normal.

-

I'm still cranking away at a big to-do list and exploring new stuff, now that this update is out I'll be catching up on emails and monitoring for any issues.

Thanks all for your support, happy holidays!

• Love
Reactions: GTIceman
Just want to say @SG57 , you are the best

I have had this app since getting the founders deal

I’ve watched this evolve with countless changes including the accommodation of all sorts of user requests

This app is way better than what Tesla provides

You are a gifted programmer who remains totally dedicated to this program

If anyone is trying to decide on the worth of this app, do yourself a favor and just get it

Showing the notification for a few seconds is fine. Mine stays up there until I swipe it away. Attached has been up for 16 minutes!
View attachment 263917
That's strange. I'll try to reproduce it on my end, there is a chance the processing can last a few minutes if your internet connection is painfully slow but 15 minutes is egregious as timeouts are in place to stop that. There's a chance it's cosmetic and the processing actually completed but the processing notification was never removed.

Were you at a smart charging location when that happened? Was it enabled? Were you plugged in?

If you can get it to happen reliably, try turning on smart charging logging from the settings screen. You can then see what happens in the service as all it's processing gets logged to a file onto your storage for us to look at , it'd go a long way in identifying the cause.

Just want to say @SG57 , you are the best

I have had this app since getting the founders deal

I’ve watched this evolve with countless changes including the accommodation of all sorts of user requests

This app is way better than what Tesla provides

You are a gifted programmer who remains totally dedicated to this program

If anyone is trying to decide on the worth of this app, do yourself a favor and just get it
Thanks for your support! It's been a little over a year, crazy how time flies. I like how the app has progressed so far and I still have a lot left to make happen in the app so stick around :)

@SG57
Nope, only smart charge location is at home, this happens when I'm at work. At work though my phone gets very horrible reception so I'm on wifi, my car gets good reception though. We have an AT&T and Verizon tower where I work so it kinda drowns out my Fi networks.

No charging is allowed at my work either. :(

That's strange. I'll try to reproduce it on my end, there is a chance the processing can last a few minutes if your internet connection is painfully slow but 15 minutes is egregious as timeouts are in place to stop that. There's a chance it's cosmetic and the processing actually completed but the processing notification was never removed.

Were you at a smart charging location when that happened? Was it enabled? Were you plugged in?

If you can get it to happen reliably, try turning on smart charging logging from the settings screen. You can then see what happens in the service as all it's processing gets logged to a file onto your storage for us to look at , it'd go a long way in identifying the cause.

Thanks for your support! It's been a little over a year, crazy how time flies. I like how the app has progressed so far and I still have a lot left to make happen in the app so stick around :)

Looking at the log it shows it polls every 15 minutes but that "Vehicle is not close to an enabled smart charging location" and service rescheduled poll. Yet the notification is staying up.

For a while this morning it wasn't showing. I got it to start showing by opening recent apps and swiping away Dashboard, then a little while later I noticed the notification had been up for 6 minutes.

@KArnold , I'm going to release a small update that should help prevent the problem you're seeing, and also provide a button to quickly fix it should it happen again.

@MMC- , the battery heater on status indicator shows on the Charge screen to the top-left of the large circle battery progress bar. It only shows up when the battery heater is on, and I've noticed it being off has no correlation to whether you see a dashed yellow bar in the vehicle itself on the driver's power gauge display. I mostly see it enabled for a short time after just starting to drive the vehicle after it's been cold outside.

@Babolino , you can do exactly what you say using 2 automatic behaviors. Setup one to send a "Start Charging" command every 3 hours, then wait 30 minutes, then setup another to send a "Stop charging" command every 3 hours. Still, I can add support to avoid this 30 minutes wait using an initial delay configuration.

@miken79 , hmm if the log file shows it's correctly processing and rescheduling, sounds like the processing notification is just left-over cosmetics, I'll see if I can reproduce and fix it real quick.

@KArnold , I'm going to release a small update that should help prevent the problem you're seeing, and also provide a button to quickly fix it should it happen again.

@MMC- , the battery heater on status indicator shows on the Charge screen to the top-left of the large circle battery progress bar. It only shows up when the battery heater is on, and I've noticed it being off has no correlation to whether you see a dashed yellow bar in the vehicle itself on the driver's power gauge display. I mostly see it enabled for a short time after just starting to drive the vehicle after it's been cold outside.

@Babolino , you can do exactly what you say using 2 automatic behaviors. Setup one to send a "Start Charging" command every 3 hours, then wait 30 minutes, then setup another to send a "Stop charging" command every 3 hours. Still, I can add support to avoid this 30 minutes wait using an initial delay configuration.

@miken79 , hmm if the log file shows it's correctly processing and rescheduling, sounds like the processing notification is just left-over cosmetics, I'll see if I can reproduce and fix it real quick.

Ok, I just managed to catch it with the notification up and got the log opened while it stayed. Last time I had opened the app and that wiped the notification...

It's getting caught up trying to do DNS resolution for streaming.vn.teslamotors.com which makes sense why this appears to happen only at work. Our DNS servers are crap, don't support DNSSEC, and we can't use outside servers. And looking closer I can see that happening a few times in the log.

Maybe as another add/feature would be to set it to only do smart charge processing when the phone is on certain wifi as the first check?