Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The blue w/white pictures look great. However I finally saw one in the wild in western WA on a rainy cloudy day and without the bright sun it just looked too dark to me. Add a little road grime and just doesn’t stand out. Bummer, decisions decisions...

• Funny
Reactions: Jmeitz
The blue w/white pictures look great. However I finally saw one in the wild in western WA on a rainy cloudy day and without the bright sun it just looked too dark to me. Add a little road grime and just doesn’t stand out. Bummer, decisions decisions...

That’s actually the problem with most their colors. When the sun hits it during the day, and especially near sunset, my blue absolutely glows. However, at night and on dark days it just like a very dark blue. The red looks very flat and boring during the same times, but when the sun hits it, it’s one of the most amazing reds I’ve seen and makes me wish I had ordered that instead....

Midnight silver metallic looks just normal grey during a lot of the times, but under the right light it almost looks like it has blue undertones to it...

White and black are about the only consistent colors that look the same in all conditions but kinda look boring all the time. (White isn’t too bad, but I would stay away from it right now because of the mismatched body panels).

Good luck on a color... I just sold my blue model 3 for a Model Y and ended up picking blue again because when the light is right, holy cow I love it.

Interior color, wheels, and calipers certainly can have a big impact on how you like one color vs. another. I have the PUP in blue with white interior. My personal favorite. Same time saw a storm trooper LR with the Inductions and loved that combo.

IMG-5853-2.jpg

IMG-5851.jpg

IMG-5854.jpg

How do you like those Tesmanian floor mats? Are they harder (like plastic) or more like flexible (like rubber)? We loved the Tesla All-weather mats in our Model 3, but these look great.
I received the Tesmanian mats last week. Haven’t installed them since I pick up my MY this week.

IMO, they are more plasticky but I’m going to try them out and see how they are. Hopefully, they’ll be fine. I’ve been used to the BMW and Audi OEM mats which are rubber so maybe I just need to get used to these.

• Informative
Reactions: saltsman
I received the Tesmanian mats last week. Haven’t installed them since I pick up my MY this week.

IMO, they are more plasticky but I’m going to try them out and see how they are. Hopefully, they’ll be fine. I’ve been used to the BMW and Audi OEM mats which are rubber so maybe I just need to get used to these.

I was also used to BMW rubber all seasons. Comfortable under foot. The Tesmanian mats are just like WeatherTech liners. I had a set of those for about a year and never got used to my feet sliding around and for long drives were not comfortable. Hard plastic. I went with the 3D maxpider mats given no rubber oem option (Tesla on the ball with things like this as usual). Have hsd them for three weeks and they are excellent and very comfortable. The Tesmanian site has done a great job farming out affiliates, seo, and getting attention. I'm sure they work but not worth the money or if you're used to somethinf better. Just another perspective.

I was also used to BMW rubber all seasons. Comfortable under foot. The Tesmanian mats are just like WeatherTech liners. I had a set of those for about a year and never got used to my feet sliding around and for long drives were not comfortable. Hard plastic. I went with the 3D maxpider mats given no rubber oem option (Tesla on the ball with things like this as usual). Have hsd them for three weeks and they are excellent and very comfortable. The Tesmanian site has done a great job farming out affiliates, seo, and getting attention. I'm sure they work but not worth the money or if you're used to somethinf better. Just another perspective.

Super helpful. I have WeatherTech mats in the old pickup and my experience is that while I like the raised sides they are too slippery and not comfortable on longer drives.

I'm afraid I've hijacked the thread -- but saw those in @theganjaguru post and thought I'd ask. Thanks for the insights.

Reactions: rklip
Got my baby’s toenails painted — Powder-coated Geminis. I have matching lugnut covers which I’ll pop on tomorrow. Cost $195/wheel.

View attachment 593993
[

And the dealer had this sample painted in matching deep metallic blue;
View attachment 593992

That doesn’t look to be a standard Tesla wheel open for the Y... is that a Model S wheel they had on display? (I’m also very surprised Tesla allowed that in the store!)