Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delay in model X launch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they start delivering a few cars in September, that still leaves October, November and December to make a few thousand cars. Does not seem improbably at all.

The question remains, if deliveries start with first reveal - what will those deliveries be? If they are just Founders Series and not Signature orders made in confidence, as I think is the most common opinion and the one I'm leaning on too... They would only start taking new orders after that reveal. They have to give reservation some weeks to finalize those orders, presumably in batches, so it would take some weeks, maybe up to a month after reveal to start shipping significant number of new orders. This would put first publicly ordered deliveries closer to November?

Of course even in this case, if the suppliers are lined up and production can be accelerated fast (and reservationists finalize their orders fast), November and December could go ahead full steam.

[deleted as per user's request]

So, correct me if I'm wrong here, but what I'm gathering is that you are indeed trolling then. Since you have repeatedly ignored calls to provide evidence of your assertions, and are admitting that you only have a recent, and fleeting, interest in Tesla, despite claiming to have insider information.

Do I have that correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say the Newark-Germany story sounds a little odd for me too. Whenever there is too much "odd", trolling alarms get louder for a reason.

I'm not saying OP can't be right, I'm saying there are odd discrepancies in the telling of the story that are impossible to ignore either. Of course the reasons for such oddities may be other than we expect, but such changes also fit into trolling behaviors. I think we must call this one inconclusive thus far.

Obviously #62 is an attempt to sound authoritative, which both a real or a fake person might do, so that tells us very little. I am not versed to hold such a conversation with him/her, maybe someone else would be. Then again, it is not too hard for someone to rear into the topic and formulate authoritative-sounding narrative.

JohnSnowNW: Unfortunately the decision to leave out details can't be used as evidence of anything. It is only logical that a real leakster would leave out details that might compromise their source, so we can't conclude a troll just based on that. But I agree the discrepancies between the first two posts and now the locations could be signs of (poor) trolling. Then again, maybe the discrepancies are merely OPs attempts to muddy the waters to keep from compromising sources.

Be it as it may, from a "Model X spotting" perspective, the various leakster threads on TMC have been by far the most fun. Right or wrong, it sure is all very intriguing. :) In any case, the request to wait and see in Oct/Nov what the Model X delivery numbers are, is easy enough.

In any case, the request to wait and see in Oct/Nov what the Model X delivery numbers are, is easy enough.

It's also a cop out. Let's all take turns pulling things from left field and then when asked to provide even a little bit of proof, we'll all shrug our shoulders and say 'let's just wait to see if we're right or wrong'.

It sounds more to me that Eds' 'friend who works at Tesla' was a little loose with his lips and opinions during Eds visit, and that Eds is really not much of a friend back. And if Eds had some sort of direct contact with all the Tesla people he seems to imply, then Eds is not honoring the NDA he surely had to sign.

AnxietyRanger said:
In any case, the request to wait and see in Oct/Nov what the Model X delivery numbers are, is easy enough.
It's also a cop out. Let's all take turns pulling things from left field and then when asked to provide even a little bit of proof, we'll all shrug our shoulders and say 'let's just wait to see if we're right or wrong'.

It sounds more to me that Eds' 'friend who works at Tesla' was a little loose with his lips and opinions during Eds visit, and that Eds is really not much of a friend back. And if Eds had some sort of direct contact with all the Tesla people he seems to imply, then Eds is not honoring the NDA he surely had to sign.

I have no problem with people asking for proof. All I offered is my analysis of what can be witnessed - and come end of year we should at least see if we can call this complete nonsense (if deliveries are much higher than some hundred). Of course, if deliveries are less, it could also be just a lucky guess on OPs part. :)

Your theory sounds plausible to me. We can't dismiss the possibility of a troll without any insider insight either.

Evaluating online sources and discussion participants is hard.

[deleted as per user's request]

You apparently violated any NDA you would have with the supplier and theirs with Tesla. It will not only cost your company and the supplier business but could get you and the supplier into legal trouble with Tesla. It would be very easy for Tesla to figure out who you are from the statements you made here. Tesla has been known to be very aggressive in pursuing legal issues. They do read this forum too.

But you're probably safe since what you said are likely just made up although I'm not sure of legal aspect of that. No sane business person would try to reveal such significant inside business info on a public forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
You apparently violated any NDA you would have with the supplier and theirs with Tesla. It will not only cost your company and the supplier business but could get you and the supplier into legal trouble with Tesla. It would be very easy for Tesla to figure out who you are from the statements you made here. Tesla has been known to be very aggressive in pursuing legal issues. They do read this forum too.

But you're probably safe since what you said are likely just made up although I'm not sure of legal aspect of that. No sane business person would try to reveal such significant inside business info on a public forum.

Product leaks are so common on the Internet, that I don't think we can dismiss them as lightly as on sanity. :)

Product leaks are so common on the Internet, that I don't think we can dismiss them as lightly as on sanity. :)

Yes many times they do leak to a third party and sometimes even by the company itself but when did you ever see someone publicize such sensitive info on a public forum in first person? I do think there is some insanity if he's telling a true story since it is very traceable by Tesla who he was.

Interesting business model:

Step 1: Setup supplier agreement with Tesla.
Step 2: Assure Tesla you can deliver on time.
Step 3: Short the Stock.
Step 4: Leak that Tesla suppliers cannot deliver on time.
Step 5: Get supplier booted for violating NDA, causing Tesla to scramble to secure a new supplier.
Step 6: Causes Tesla to not deliver on time, causing stock value to decrease, therefore:
Step 7: Profit!

I find it interesting that folks clamor for whatever info they can, NDA or no (remember the previous leaks that got pulled), but when the news isn't so hot, suddenly we're all sanctimonious about NDAs?

We'll see how much of this pans out, in the meantime, can we stop looking like a mob of angry pitchfork-wielding villagers?

I find it interesting that folks clamor for whatever info they can, NDA or no (remember the previous leaks that got pulled), but when the news isn't so hot, suddenly we're all sanctimonious about NDAs?

We'll see how much of this pans out, in the meantime, can we stop looking like a mob of angry pitchfork-wielding villagers?

Respectfully :), when someone doesn't abide by an NDA it tells us a lot about that person's trustworthiness. And if they're not breaking an NDA, then the information is (at best) suspect.

No pitchfork here, if the information has any truth to it, it's missing context. And I don't mind waiting a bit more, so -shrug-. But I think the topic of NDAs is valid and speaks to the veracity of the OP.