Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had considered there was a chance prices would drop further or simply allow other interior colors.

Then I saw delivery dates push out and inventory drop like crazy. Loyalty credits dropped.

The thought is in 2024, tax rebate might be half what it is. So if prices did indeed drop to $75k and the rebate is $3750. So the final price is $71k. Currently if you qualify? The price after rebate is $72k.

I don’t see it dropping below $75k personally. But who knows. But I have to think, 40k drop in a year, it would be insane to drop further.

I’ve always felt the X is about a $70k car and here we are at almost $70k after rebate. Good enough for me. :)

Exactly!

Already down $40k+ in the year, qualified FULLY for the Federal $7500, no cost color (up to $3k Ultra Red), $1k Tesla Loyalty (already reduced to $500 within days) AND 3 FREE months of FSD ($600 value).

They have nothing more to offer or prove at this point and I would imagine at this sub-$80k base price the margins are slim, but they got to move inventory, build up production que for Q4, bump Q3 sales numbers, got people to upgrade with the FSD transfers, etc.

Considering the likely bad news with the Cybertruck production and ramp up these added S/X orders provide a buffer for the rest of the year profits, and with the Model 3 Highland coming ASAP Tesla's got plenty of momentum now heading into 2024 IMO.

I'm not looking back now....only forward to my X! 😍

Last edited:
Yeah, disappointing but predictable response. It seems obvious that the RIGHT thing for Tesla to do would be to extend FSD transfer for those who have an order placed but are waiting for Tesla to deliver the vehicle. Don't understand why this isn't obvious to them.
Because that wasn't the terms of the deal. They very clearly stated that the terms were that you need to take delivery by the end of September to take advantage of the deal. (Maybe they have a different deal planned to start in October, but it seems new deals only apply to orders placed after they are announced, which potentially leave orders that don't qualify for either the old or new deals.)

Reactions: NJturtlePower
No, they don’t negotiate. I ended up quoting my ICE vehicle with iBuyers and got a lot more even after tax savings in AZ.
You are right, they don’t negotiate. But the offer they gave me and many other trade in candidates was calculated as a vehicle with only basic autopilot, because we were planning to transfer FSD, This is straight from the SA. So, if they no longer accept the FSD transfer, the vehicle will have FSD, HW 3, etc, so I don’t see how they don’t have to recalculate the offer. IMHO.

Because that wasn't the terms of the deal. They very clearly stated that the terms were that you need to take delivery by the end of September to take advantage of the deal. (Maybe they have a different deal planned to start in October, but it seems new deals only apply to orders placed after they are announced, which potentially leave orders that don't qualify for either the old or new deals.)
But how is that customer friendly? Many of us were told "september" timeframe for the X to come. Is it good business to hold our $250 when we want to cancel because our cars come a few days or weeks after the initial policy deadline? What exactly does Tesla lose out on by extending the transfer period to those who ordered and had original September delivery windows? Nothing.

This seems like an easy one to me, but evidently not everyone agrees.

Last edited:
First Tesla.

Ordered 9/4 (night)
MXP, Ultra Red, white/black int., 22s.

Est. delivery (initially): Sep-Oct, changed to Oct-Nov until today, now shows 13 Nov - 8 Jan…lol, whoa 😂 Quite the shift to the right.

Not in a huge rush, had planned to sell my current ride and had a decent offer through a car buying service, prob need to rethink my timeline lol.

FWIW, I live in D.C.
Reached out to my rep reference the significant change in my dates. Was told my account now shows arrival of 11/28. App doesn’t reflect any updates on est.delivery, guessing that’ll update?? lol

At what point is a rep/SA assigned? I know i technically don't need one but when questions come up it would be nice to know how to ask. I remember when I bought the MY back in '21 someone was assigned immediately but it's changed now.
My first Tesla, I’ve just been going direct with the person that I scheduled my test drive with and gave my info to. I use this semi-automated number and their number to call/text. Assuming that’s my rep, lol 😂

At what point is a rep/SA assigned? I know i technically don't need one but when questions come up it would be nice to know how to ask. I remember when I bought the MY back in '21 someone was assigned immediately but it's changed now.
You will not be assigned any rep/SA during this process. When I got my X last year, I called +1-888-518-3752 if I had any question. The degree of help that you get varied based on the rep you talk to. Some are very knowledgeable and some are totally clueless.

You will not be assigned any rep/SA during this process. When I got my X last year, I called +1-888-518-3752 if I had any question. The degree of help that you get varied based on the rep you talk to. Some are very knowledgeable and some are totally clueless.
I guess my experience is a little different, maybe because I went into a tesla store to test drive and then order my MX. Once I did, I got a text from my SA with all the steps I needed to complete. He told me if I had any questions, to just text him at that number. When I do, I get a response within an hour during operating hours.

I guess my experience is a little different, maybe because I went into a tesla store to test drive and then order my MX. Once I did, I got a text from my SA with all the steps I needed to complete. He told me if I had any questions, to just text him at that number. When I do, I get a response within an hour during operating hours.
+1

A bit longer than an hour on this end tho lol.

Reactions: iamcaseyf
You are correct that if you order in the store, you can go back to the same rep for help. But for the rest of us who ordered online, the 1800 number is the only recourse. However I spoke with the reps in the store before and some of them are more clueless than I was. But I guess the feeling of having a rep maybe better than having none at all 😂

Reactions: iamcaseyf
Black, 5 seater, Black interior, 20", steering wheel, $79990 for IRS Tax Credit and FSD Transfer (trading in 2021 MY LR)
Order Date Sept 2nd
EDD 1 Sept-Oct
EDD 2 Oct - Nov
EDD 3 Oct 1 - Nov 5 (yesterday)
EDD 4 Sep 14 - Sep 21 (today) and got a VIN 4123xx , I assume it's a recent build and HW4
Atlanta, GA (East Coast)

Most likely someone canceled a delivery and I got lucky.

Black, 5 seater, Black interior, 20", steering wheel, $79990 for IRS Tax Credit and FSD Transfer (trading in 2021 MY LR)
Order Date Sept 2nd
EDD 1 Sept-Oct
EDD 2 Oct - Nov
EDD 3 Oct 1 - Nov 5 (yesterday)
EDD 4 Sep 14 - Sep 21 (today) and got a VIN 4123xx , I assume it's a recent build and HW4
Atlanta, GA (East Coast)

Most likely someone canceled a delivery and I got lucky.

Really makes me think they are pushing to prioritize FSD transfers

Order date 09/01
Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Six Seat Interior
Yoke Steering
FSD transfer, trading in 10/20 Model X
VIN assigned two days ago.
Delivery: Sep 26 the to October 3rd.
Was told that the car is still at Freemont factory...

Reactions: preddy