Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my first Tesla (first EV as well) I was expecting it to be in Ann arbor or Clarkston. I haven't done any funding or autoloan process since I don't have a VIN yet. When I spoke to the SA in Ann arbor during a demo she said I will have time to go through the car before I can do final paperwork/payment. Is the process any different in Michigan? She mentioned something like Tesla cannot do the financing and I have to get third party for it. In the app it says Tesla location: Detroit -Clarkston-unfunded
Mine is Nov-Dec so I don't know what to expect, and still deciding where to pick up. I get that they will let you inspect the car, but I don't know if you can refuse it in MI if needed(maybe bad mindset to go in, but always expect the worst and hope for the best). All your financing, paperwork, registration, is done before the car enters the state. Let me know how yours go, as you are way ahead of me.

eg. In Cleveland, car is not yours until you actually sign and transfer money at pickup. In MI can is technically yours when they load it on the truck to come to MI.

Reactions: Task
i got the car. it got the matrix headlights
some distortion on windshield, larger gap between FWD and c pillar, not sure if it's normal since both side has similar gap.
passenger side FWD interior trim has some misalignments
rear passenger claims that sound level at back is pretty low even after I adjusted balance. don't know if it's by design or not.
Otherwise it's pretty good overall, definitely better than I expected.

now if my wife can magically stop hating on it my life would be perfect.

(her: It doesn't come with charging cable? glove box can only be opened from screen? you can't even turn off passenger air vent? how come I have to press multiple times to get my door to open? you can't lock the door from rear seats? why doesn't it have creep mode? why can't it adjust regen breaking? it's such an ugly car, especially on red; it's not even quiet and ride good; still too expensive with tax and everything considered. I can only imagine her frustration goes on the longer we live with the car.. )
Accept or reject?

I took home my LRMX on Saturday. Had a very positive experience with the delivery (the delivery center was insanely busy) but they were very patient with me as I looked over the car with a fine tooth comb. Pearl White / Black - looks so good! Everything on the car is excellent. No scratches, or dents or misalignments. Very happy! I drove it straight to my detail/custom shop to have Satin PPF and the 22’’ Turbine rims installed.

FYI - you can find brand sets of the 22’’ turbine wheels for $2,500 - $3,000 on EBay. Some of them even have the new tires mounted still. I got a set that was taken off a MX plaid that had only had about 200 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_8220.jpeg
    IMG_8220.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_8227.jpeg
    IMG_8227.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8219.jpeg
    IMG_8219.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 86
Congrats! 2023 or 2024 VIN? Check the 10th digit to see if it’s a P or an R
I have the same exact build
Got a new update today for EDD and Assigned VIN. Was quite a jump.

Ordered Date: 9/7
Build: MXLR | Ultra Red | Black Int | 5 seats | steering wheel | 20" wheels
EDD: Oct-Nov
EDD2: Oct 21-Dec 2
EDD3: Oct 4-Oct 13

VIN Assigned Oct 2

same exact build, ordered 9/4
My Edd still says 10/13-11/24
No vin and I’m in NY

It’s looks like there’s no rhyme or reason on they way they are assigning ViN.

Reactions: NJturtlePower

VIN Assigned Oct 2

Nice, congrats! You've got me excited now - my EDD4 was 10/22-12/3 (similar to yours) and now my app is not showing a EDD at all. We're in similar area also (north of Baltimore here). About to update? 🤔

Probably not though - mine is a Plaid and it doesn't seem like many of those are getting shipped.

VIN Assigned Oct 2

Same X order here in NJ on 9/4... no update since 9/20. 🤷‍♂️

I have the same exact build

same exact build, ordered 9/4
My Edd still says 10/13-11/24
No vin and I’m in NY

It’s looks like there’s no rhyme or reason on they way they are assigning ViN.
Looks that way.... My EDD #4 is one day sooner than yours currently. We'll see! ;)

Well I just freed up an on order unit, had an X White on order since early September but decided to go with an iX instead. I didnt have a vin yet so not sure if it helps anyone. X is still a great choice. Still might order a new 3 when they come to US! Just ordered the new Tesla Universal wall connector so I can be ready for both J1772 and NACS.

Yesterday, I finally was able to schedule my delivery. I'm in south florida and I used to pick up my new cars at the Coral Gables center. They now say all deliveries are made at the Miami Gardens center. I was offered only 2 days mid week, Tuesday or Wednesday. I guess I have to take a day off of work.

First world problems. 😖

Reactions: rmenk