Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks y’all! Keep ‘em coming. Right now it looks like it is taking an average of 29 days from order to delivery. Some a lot shorter (6 days) and some longer (up to 49 days). Average time to get a VIN is running 21 days.
:(
42 days and counting for me. MSM LR in Seattle. No VIN
Day 45 here today (9/4 order)... No VIN, last EDD update 10/12.

Reactions: jwblane and snorlax
At least you got a VIN! I'm getting mine sent to Rockville.
I think that's smart. This will be my third Tesla and I'm planning to do home delivery again. I've seen some youtubers say you can't reject a delivery at home, but it's not true. The car isn't yours until you hit that accept button in the app, and the last delivery person had no issues waiting for me to check out the car inside and out before clicking the button. My 2019 was very different (much more personalized experience), but those were different days for Tesla.

Personally, I'd rather be at home and send them packing with a rejected car than drive 50 mins around the Baltimore beltway only to go home with nothing (worst case). God willing, I won't have to.

I think that's smart. This will be my third Tesla and I'm planning to do home delivery again. I've seen some youtubers say you can't reject a delivery at home, but it's not true. The car isn't yours until you hit that accept button in the app, and the last delivery person had no issues waiting for me to check out the car inside and out before clicking the button. My 2019 was very different (much more personalized experience), but those were different days for Tesla.

Personally, I'd rather be at home and send them packing with a rejected car than drive 50 mins around the Baltimore beltway only to go home with nothing (worst case). God willing, I won't have to.
What if you have a trade in? Do they have a truck to take my trade in away? It would be nice to get a home delivery and be able to inspect before accepting.

Exactly, I'd rather pick up at that point.
Up to you, of course. The car isn't mine until I take delivery, so if they crash or damage it or something it's not my problem. I still get full right of refusal however the car shows up, and I'll be putting the miles on it driving it home anyway. I guess I can understand not wanting someone else to drive your car, but I see it as a convenience. 🤷‍♂️

I also can't stand how crowded the center is all the time. I would not feel free to inspect the car in detail when it's got 6 inches of clearance on both sides and back and there are cars and people buzzing around like flies. That's no exaggeration, btw. My local center is so damned packed just getting into the test drive model X was a feat. It seriously wowed my wife at what the FWDs could do with almost no clearance. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Up to you, of course. The car isn't mine until I take delivery, so if they crash or damage it or something it's not my problem. I still get full right of refusal however the car shows up, and I'll be putting the miles on it driving it home anyway. I guess I can understand not wanting someone else to drive your car, but I see it as a convenience. 🤷‍♂️

I also can't stand how crowded the center is all the time. I would not feel free to inspect the car in detail when it's got 6 inches of clearance on both sides and back and there are cars and people buzzing around like flies.
Also, don't want them to drive my trade in car... my brakes squeal and rattle, lol.

Maybe there is a delay in getting a VIN or a trickle of VINs being released because of the recall? Model X cannot be sold until they update the software because of safety reasons?

Thank goodness it's only a software update. Could've been much worse. If it was a hardware issue you can't sell unless it gets fixed.

Maybe there is a delay in getting a VIN or a trickle of VINs being released because of the recall? Model X cannot be sold until they update the software because of safety reasons?

Thank goodness it's only a software update. Could've been much worse. If it was a hardware issue you can't sell unless it gets fixed.
The recall details say that they started installing the OTA on 9/28, and that the recall is fixed by version 2023.32.7, or newer.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Also, don't want them to drive my trade in car... my brakes squeal and rattle, lol.
Not to try to convince you, but in my experience they didn't drive the trade in until all the paperwork was signed and they left. I don't know if they'd drive a trade in brought to the center at all, tbh. They're obviously paying wholesale prices (my trade in offer was absurd, so I'm selling privately), so they really aren't picky. My last trade in had a decent sized dent - right on one of the body crease lines, too - from one of my kid's friends hitting it on his scooter while it was parked in the garage. Tesla never even batted an eye.

OD- 9/30
EDD1- Nov-Dec 2023
EDD2- Dec14-Feb8
NO VIN yet

I selected Trade-in on my app (suggested by SA) , to facilitate FSD TRANSFER from my 2016 MX. Sent my Trade-in photos as requested by Tesla. My SA said Trade offer will come after VIN ASSIGNED. I'm not expecting a great offer from Tesla.

Last week I decided to "test the waters" and Posted an ad on Craigslist and FB local communities pages, asking $34,795 for my 2016 with 71,000 miles, in Good Condition. I was pleasantly surprised with an excellent response of over 6 serious offers to purchase (at full price) of which I accepted one offer I thought the "best"
He inspected by MX and gave me a $1000 non-refundable deposit.

I was very upfront that he would NOT get my FSD, which I'm transferring to my 2023/2024‽, and he's willing to wait until I take delivery of my MXLR.

QUESTIONS:

1) Do you think Trade in offer will be anywhere close to $34,795?
2) Did I offer to sell too low?
3) Can Tesla reneg on FSD Transfer, if I refuse their Trade-in offer?

I would appreciate any and all feedback from the Forum Friends.

Thanks for your input.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
Not to try to convince you, but in my experience they didn't drive the trade in until all the paperwork was signed and they left. I don't know if they'd drive a trade in brought to the center at all, tbh. They're obviously paying wholesale prices (my trade in offer was absurd, so I'm selling privately), so they really aren't picky. My last trade in had a decent sized dent - right on one of the body crease lines, too - from one of my kid's friends hitting it on his scooter while it was parked in the garage. Tesla never even batted an eye.
Well, since the brakes rattle, probably not the safest thing to drive away. I got quotes from Tesla, Carvana, and Vroom, and Tesla offered the best trade in value (surprising). So I'm just going straight to Tesla on that one.

Been lurking for a while, but figured I'd add my status...

Model X LR (Rebate Edition), Ultra Red, FSD transfer
Ordered: 9/8/2023

EDD 1 (9/8): Oct - Nov 2023
EDD 2 (9/19): Nov - Dec 2023
EDD 3 (9/19): October 22 - December 3
EDD 4 (10/2): October 16 - November 20
EDD 5 (10/17): October 29 - December 3

[No VIN yet]