Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You were the one who kept insisting there weren’t going to be changes between 2023 and 2024 models… who knows?

Also, when I tried to change my order on my Tesla webpage, I cannot choose the stealth gray color anymore. Is this the same for anyone else? Any other color I can choose except stealth gray.

Also, I don't think it looks like a camera. The reason being that it's positioned too far back. All my vehicles with front cameras are positioned in front or sticking out in front of the emblem or below the emblem since it's a better angle and doesn't have an obstructed view. This one looks more like a button to open the frunk.
yeah, I couldn't change my order from Ultra Red to Stealth gray either. I agree with you, it's NOT a camera, Tesla is smart enough to find another spot to put the front camera.

You were the one who kept insisting there weren’t going to be changes between 2023 and 2024 models… who knows?

Also, when I tried to change my order on my Tesla webpage, I cannot choose the stealth gray color anymore. Is this the same for anyone else? Any other color I can choose except stealth gray.

Also, I don't think it looks like a camera. The reason being that it's positioned too far back. All my vehicles with front cameras are positioned in front or sticking out in front of the emblem or below the emblem since it's a better angle and doesn't have an obstructed view. This one looks more like a button to open the frunk.
I didn’t insist there weren’t going to be changes. I insisted that single model years don’t historically correlate to a difference in prices for Teslas and Tesla doesn’t often wait for model years to make changes, they make them whenever.

I didn’t insist there weren’t going to be changes. I insisted that single model years don’t historically correlate to a difference in prices for Teslas and Tesla doesn’t often wait for model years to make changes, they make them whenever.

We all knew that, but it was more the psychology of having a newer built vehicle for the same price. I don't know anyone who wouldn't prefer a 2024 model over a 2023 model for the same price, even if the features were the same, resale or not. I mean, the ONLY reason I'm buying this car this year is because I want to take advantage of the tax credit. Otherwise, I would've waited for the newer features such as the RGB ambient lighting or the front camera. I would gladly pay $1-2k more for that.

Either way, it looks like the 2024 is coming with a new color- the MSM to SG. It wouldn't make sense for Tesla now to release a 2023 now with SG color since it's so close to the end of the model year.

Also with evidence from the video shots from yesterday, the staging area for Model S/X is empty, which points to also 2024 models coming soon.

We also know now that the Cybertruck will be a 2024 model and is released November 30th...

I might be completely wrong though, but I think people who get VINs starting in November is when we will see 2024 models.

Last edited:
I placed an order for Model x on 5 Sept. Original delivery estimate was Sept - Oct. Current estimate is 30 Oct - 4 Dec. No VIN yet. Looking at the spreadsheet, I don't see vin's for any of the orders since early Sept (except cars from inventory).
Mines on there. 9/4 order, VIN date 10/17, same Username as on here. 👀

You sure you're on the right tab on the bottom?

VINS.jpg

Attachments

• 1698418344154.png
    1698418344154.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
It does look really sharp. It made it difficult to decide between the ultra red and stealth gray now 🤔
IMHO, the ultra red is still better than the stealth gray. There are too many gray and white Teslas on the road. Gray is the standard color for the 3/Y.

There's not much of a huge difference between MSM and Stealth Gray, except a little darker. To the untrained eye it will look the same. The Ultra Red and Multcoat Red has much more significant difference.

Last edited:
IMHO, the ultra red is still better than the stealth gray. There are too many gray and white Teslas on the road. Gray is the standard color for the 3/Y.

There's not much of a huge difference between MSM and Stealth Gray, except a little darker. To the untrained eye it will look the same. The Ultra Red and Multcoat Red has much more significant difference.
Mine is ultra red and I’m super happy with it. But before ultra red came out, MSM was the best color for me. From the video, stealth gray looks darker and shinier. That’s exactly the difference between the old red and ultra red, darker but shinier. But my perception might change if I see stealth gray in person. Who knows?

Mine is ultra red and I’m super happy with it. But before ultra red came out, MSM was the best color for me. From the video, stealth gray looks darker and shinier. That’s exactly the difference between the old red and ultra red, darker but shinier. But my perception might change if I see stealth gray in person. Who knows?
Yeah Ultra Red does look really nice, but my Model 3 is Red so I didn’t want all red cars.

I wonder why they won’t let existing orders switch to the Stealth Gray…limited paint? New orders can pick it though.

Reactions: snorlax
Yeah Ultra Red does look really nice, but my Model 3 is Red so I didn’t want all red cars.

I wonder why they won’t let existing orders switch to the Stealth Gray…limited paint? New orders can pick it though.
Maybe because they are trying to fulfill all of the existing orders soon and the new paint is not available for the next month or so? But knowing Tesla, don’t be surprised if you get stealth gray even when you ordered MSM

I have the same feeling. I just hope they can still let me transfer my unlimited supercharging after 12/31. That the only reason I decided to upgrade my 2018X
I did the same I have a 2019 Model S. Originally I thought I would trade it in but in the end they were only going to give me 19k which is crazy. Now I’m trying to sell it although I know the supercharging will not transfer if I don’t own the vehicle when I take possesion of my new X but I’m stressed the longer I hold onto it the less it is worth. So far I have someone that offered 32.5k which is pretty pathetic too. I might just sell if on Carsandbids.com if I have to I’m guessing I will at least get mid 35’s.

Ok, I think I have a problem.... In the past week I have started checking this thread an unhealthy number of times a day and when there are new posts I get a boost of excitement. When there are no new posts after a refresh, I get a feeling of gloom....

I also have a Cybertruck on order so that will be a double whammy for me.

Reactions: snorlax