Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah there’s pluses and minuses. I’ve ordered 5 Teslas (2 from inventory) and this whole terrible ETA and terrible communication aspect is definitely a recurring theme with them. Meanwhile the one time I ordered an Audi it was built in Germany, shipped on a boat to the port of San Diego, and like 4 months ahead they were able to pinpoint the exact date my car would be ready for delivery and even send me random pictures of it being built!........
Yes, Tesla is really amateur hour on their EDD system. There is no rational reason for the wild swings. I have special ordered 4 Corvettes. Once your order gets accepted you get updated very specific codes of the status. Soon you get a TPW - target production week. You can pretty much bank on that week your car being built. You will also get your VIN @ a month before. The VIN numbers are in fact sequential and you can predict the day and almost the hour your car will actually be built. And these are cars with hundreds of options that can be built in over 10,000 different configurations.

I am so torn. After seeing the stealth gray I am tempted to switch from black to stealth gray but scared to get pushed later in the queue than I am. I also like black. Such terrible first world problems….
After seeing the stealth gray I am thinking of changing too but my order is ultra red. Hope more pictures will be posted soon with the new color. I am not in rush to get the vehicle so I can wait and decide

Reactions: snorlax
Just received VIN today - PF421XXX. (OD: 9/11 SoCal)- They scheduled me to pick it up on Tuesday 11/7. I won't be able to make it due to work travels. There is no option to reschedule it on the App. How can I reschedule it? Call them?
So the last EDD they gave you was 11/10 - 11/21 and now they tell you on a Sunday that you have to pick it up in 48 hours BEFORE your prior date range? When did you get your last EDD?

People talked up how amazing the direct purchase system is over dealerships but I’ll honestly say the process with Tesla hasn’t been the best so far. When I ordered they said Nov - Dec. My current date is from late December - February of next year and the SAs do not respond to any text messages. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the process and we can’t really even say FIFO is being adhered to.
How would paying extra for the car to cover the greed of the dealership accelerate production and change your timeline? Hate to break it to you but dealerships add zero value to the value chain…and no, they don’t make the line move faster. Would you prefer a system in which your extra payment to the dealership would serve somehow as a bribe to move your order ahead of the queue?

The heart of your problem/ our problem is you want the same thing others want right at this moment. I am certain many legacy car brand dealerships would welcome you with open arms right now; you’d have your pick off the lots.

• Disagree
Reactions: Visvism
This is new.
IMG_4565.png

So the last EDD they gave you was 11/10 - 11/21 and now they tell you on a Sunday that you have to pick it up in 48 hours BEFORE your prior date range? When did you get your last EDD?
Last EDD they gave me on 11/1 was 11/10 - 12/1. Today (11/6) they assigned me a VIN and asked me to pick it up on Tuesday 11/7. So they gave me 3 days ahead of the first date of my EDD window.

I tried to sell it on Facebook. I got two legit buyers who test-drove but didn't buy. The rest are all scammers. I don't have a lien on my wife's 2019 MX 100D. I dropped the price by $4k so far and still selling it on AutoTrader. I gave up the Facebook selling thing. I had a scammer offer to pay the cashier's check upfront at the asking price, all he needed was my name and address. lmao.

My trade-in offer expired once already, the 2nd trade-in came in $6k less than the previous trade-in. It really hurts. The current trade-in expires on 11/25. Hopefully, I can sell the car privately soon. The tax credit has been eaten by the lowered trade-in value.
6k less and the deal is off. I'll just keep my current model X.