Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, and it's these past 3 years that have allowed the dealers to show their greed and deception due to the scarcity of cars.

I'm surprised you were able to get a Mustang Mach E GT in 2021 off the dealer lot for MSRP. Are you in a less populated area? Here, you couldn't even get a Toyota Corolla locally without a 5k markup. There was only one Toyota dealer in socal willing to sell Rav4 Primes for MSRP and we waited 6 months for my MIL's car. Have dealers lying about inventory/price over the phone. The best part is for the average consumer, after getting fleeced by the sales guy you wait to get fleeced by the finance guy.

I would consider myself a savvy car shopper. I called 30+ Porsche dealerships throughout the United States trying to get on a list for a 911 GT3 at MSRP and found one willing to do it in writing in North Carolina but that never materialized over the last 2-3 years. All the local dealers wanted 30k above sticker. In hindsight I probably should've pulled the trigger at 30k above as that's considered a good deal now and I would've been able to enjoy the car for 2 years.

I admit I was in a less populated area in PA at the time. The MME GT was from a local dealer. However, most of my other cars I bought were from MD dealerships. I believe MD gives out really good deals.

I was also shopping for a Rav4 Prime, and it was easy to find them at MSRP in MD, however, the wait list was 5-6 months during the height of the pandemic and I needed a car sooner than that at that time.

I think Porsche is a different story- as you go to higher end vehicles, you have customers with more money to spend, so they're likely to sell vehicles with a price hike.

Yes, and it's these past 3 years that have allowed the dealers to show their greed and deception due to the scarcity of cars.

I agree, but Tesla also did the same thing- hiked their prices significantly during the pandemic, only to drop them back to more reasonable levels in Sept.

They also use the term, 'scarcity of materials/ price of materials/cars.' There's really not much difference here. Tesla also made record profits during the pandemic too. Everyone takes advantage where they can. They had the highest profit margins per car sold during the pandemic.

In fact, in the past year alone, Tesla dropped the price of the Model X by like $30k-40k. I don't see how this is any different than dealer greed.

Reactions: msm859
Tesla introduced the offer of transfer free unlimited supercharging at 10:20. I placed my order a day and a half later. To qualify for transferring the free unlimited supercharging, I must take delivery by the end of this year. However, based on all the posts I've read so far, it seems unlikely that I can receive it before December 31, 2023.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe Tesla would promote something that is unattainable for their customers? Do you think they might collaborate with customers to extend the deadline or find a way to still allow us to transfer the benefit of free unlimited supercharging?
I'm in the same boat exactly. I ordered on Oct 22. My new EDD is Jan 6 - Mar 3. So, the Free Supercharging Transfer is unattainable. They should've based the Supercharging transfer on an order date window. You'd think they would know better.

Tesla assigns the model year strictly on the delivery date. If you get it on 12/31, it's a 23. If you get it on 1/1, it's a 24. And, they don't change the build at midnight on the 12/31.
this is incorrect as there is change to the VIN, it has to be assigned before production of that particular car has started. Car gets a vin when they configure it for production before it ever gets to the start of the line.

Model X Saga:
My order date: 9/6
Tesla app order date: 9/7
MXLR Ultra Red poverty edition

EDD1: Oct-Nov
EDD2: Oct 10- Nov 21
EDD3: Oct 10- Nov 14
EDD4: Oct 24- Nov 28
EDD5: Oct 30- Nov 20
EDD6: Oct 31- Nov 21
EDD7: Nov 1- Nov 21
EDD8: Nov 2- Nov 21
EDD9: Nov 3- Nov 21
EDD10: Nov 4- Nov 21
EDD11: Nov 5- Nov 21
EDD12: Nov 6-Nov 22

No VIN yet. They pushed the later date back too! It’s been more than 60 days since my order date.

Last edited:
I keep checking a few times a day and I have only had two EDD updates so far for my tax edition. I ordered on 9/27 and had a Nov-Dec date then in early October had an update to late November-Late January. Next EDD update was in late October which brought in the ending date range to early January which I am happy to see it going closer to all be in a 2023 window since I need to get the car before the end of the year for tax reasons. So I have been getting updates around every two weeks so I am due for another EDD update soon if the pattern hold true.