Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!!!

I know I ordering red is not a good idea, still waiting for my order on 9/6...

I also use FedChoice. If you don't mind me asking, when you got the scheduled delivery date, did you reach out to FedChoice loan officer and send them the final invoice? And how long does it take for FedChoice to wire money to Tesla? TIA
Yes, I just sent to FedChoice and then called them. FedChoice wired the money an hour later after I signed documents. All a very easy process.

if that person was in line before you in the first place, nothing changes for you. It could even help you if it happens other way around, SG to another color, it's all noise and cancels out
As I was told, Teslas are built in batches, (say a line of stealth gray with black interior). If you'd switch from one color to a color that is on the line befoere that, then yes, you'll be getting your car sooner. At least that's how I understood it. Now we just ahve to find out which configuration is on the line ;)

i just released the VIN, so if you are in IL or OH there will be ultra red VIN available soon.

I was told i might not get car this year by the SA if i do, i'm willing to take the risk. He asked if i was maybe willing to fund the car and have it sit in their parking lot for 3 weeks, i said nope, i would take my chance to get new VIN before the end of the year.

In the past after releasing my hold, I got a new vin within 2 weeks. So I think you get priority when you jump back in the pool.

Any idea how to switch my Tesla sales rep? Having a hard time reaching her now that I've placed my order. Wanted to see about the free supercharging transfer since my EDD was moved for '24 Jan-Feb from Nov-Dec '23.
your question has already been adressed by Tesla.com They will honor any order that was placed and showed a 2023 delivery window on the day or the original order. But if you still need to speak to a sales rep you need to use the Tesla Phone app messaging system, They actually do respond to all texts.

1699449096211.png

I hope proof of delivery window isn't required as I did not think to take a screenshot.
You should not be required to prove the order date EDD. Tesla has a solid record of what your EDD was on the original day of the order. Besides Tesla used a 2023 EDD date on the original order date in my case. But hours after I ordered they changed it to JAN - FEB go figure. In my cases its within the agreement I entered with Tesla for the supercharging transfer.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Model X Saga:
My order date: 9/6
Tesla app order date: 9/7
MXLR Ultra Red poverty edition

EDD1: Oct- Nov
EDD2: Oct 10- Nov 21
EDD3: Oct 10- Nov 14
EDD4: Oct 24- Nov 28
EDD5: Oct 30- Nov 20
EDD6: Oct 31- Nov 21
EDD7: Nov 1- Nov 21
EDD8: Nov 2- Nov 21
EDD9: Nov 3- Nov 21
EDD10: Nov 4- Nov 21
EDD11: Nov 5- Nov 21
EDD12: Nov 6-Nov 22
EDD13: Nov 7-Nov 23

RECEIVED A VIN! Nov 8
PF423XXX

Model X Saga:

RECEIVED A VIN! Nov 8
PF423XXX
423 vin, i like, we are moving along nicely. I think this is the latest s/n.

Model X Saga:

RECEIVED A VIN! Nov 8
PF423XXX
Congrats. I also ordered on 9/6, and the app confirmed 9/7, exactly the same spec. Hopefully, the end is near for me.

Congrats. I also ordered on 9/6, and the app confirmed 9/7, exactly the same spec. Hopefully, the end is near for me.
Oh man, I just tried Tesla Insurance, it was $200 a month for me for $1000 deductibles for both comp and collision with like 100/300k liability and $50k property damage. I went to add to my Travelers, and it was extra $2000 a year with $250 deductibles comp and collision with $50 glass with $500k liability and uninsured with GAP coverage. When I tried matching Tesla insurance to Traveler's, it was $240 a month with Tesla Insurance vs $167 a month with Travelers for better coverage (since it has GAP.)

Tesla insurance is very expensive!

Be prepared that insurance will be expensive for this vehicle.

Last edited:
Oh man, I just tried Tesla Insurance, it was $200 a month for me for $1000 deductibles for both comp and collision with like 100/300k liability and $50k property damage. I went to add to my Travelers, and it was extra $2000 a year with $250 deductibles comp and collision with $50 glass with $500k liability and uninsured with GAP coverage. When I tried matching Tesla insurance to Traveler's, it was $240 a month with Tesla Insurance vs $167 a month with Travelers for better coverage (since it has GAP.)

I believe this is all dependent on your driving habits, location, etc., which Tesla insurance is able to use the data in providing the quote. When comparing my current AAA policy to Tesla Ins, AAA costs an extra $200+ for each of my teslas, but our 2 other non-tesla vehicles are $400+ cheaper each with AAA.

I know Insurance is expensive. But Tesla insurance seems to be among the lowest options.

Reactions: Lester Green
I know Insurance is expensive. But Tesla insurance seems to be among the lowest options.

Hmm interesting. For me it was not the case, even when starting with a driver score of 90. $240 a month through Tesla Insurance for worse coverage than $167 a month with better coverage through Travelers.

This was also including a total loss in Jan 2023 of my Mustang Mach E GT driven by the wife. Geico paid out $72k, and then I decided to shop around when they raised rates even when I had accident forgiveness and settled on Travelers.

Also, keep in mind that Tesla Insurance monitors your driving habits and will raise rates depending on how you drive. I would prefer not to have Big Brother watching.

Last edited:
Updated EDD: 11/6-11/24

Been following this thread for quite a while and have benefited a lot from some of the suggestions here. Sharing my order details below:

Order date: 9/4
Tesla app order date: 9/5
MXP MSM now SG
EDD has updated quite a bit but currently 11/3-11/24
EDD history since posting;
EDD1: 11/3-11/24
EDD2: 11/4-11/24
EDD3: 11/5-11/24
EDD4: 11/6-11/24
EDD5: 11/7-11/24
EDD6: 11/8-11/24

Really hoping to get a VIN assigned soon!

Hmm interesting. For me it was not the case, even when starting with a driver score of 90. $240 a month through Tesla Insurance for worse coverage than $167 a month with better coverage through Travelers.

This was also including a total loss in Jan 2023 of my Mustang Mach E GT driven by the wife. Geico paid out $72k, and then I decided to shop around when they raised rates even when I had accident forgiveness and settled on Travelers.

Also, keep in mind that Tesla Insurance monitors your driving habits and will raise rates depending on how you drive. I would prefer not to have Big Brother watching.
For my wife, Tesla insurance was cheaper than our ICE car insurance and after the first year, the rate dropped more. I have to shop around again when we receive the X but I think our regular insurance rates are nuts in general because we have kids on the policy.
The insurance agent said they rate kids similar to adults convicted of drunk driving until they are 25 years old even if they never had a ticket or accident for those nine years (16-25 years old).

Looks like a daily update for me… I can feel it, VIN is about to happen!

MXLR White/Black, Poverty Edition
OD 9/9/23
So CA, Pickup in Upland
EDD Oct-Nov
EDD2 9/19 Nov-Dec
EDD3 10/8-12/09
EDD4 10/18-11/22
EDD5 10/31-12/5
EDD6 11/5-11/26
EDD7 11/6-11/26
EDD8 11/7-11/26
EDD9 11/8-11/26