Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MXLR black/black
5 seater, 20" wheels tax credit edition
No fsd, No fsd transfer, no supercharging transfer
Order date: 9/21
EDD: Nov-December
VIN assigned: 9/21
Vin- PF416xxx
9/21 Vin denied/refused
Vacation hold released october 26
EDD- November 5th - 26th
EDD - November 28- Jan 9
EDD - November 22-29

VIN RECEIVED 11/9 - PF4239XX

Wish it was a 2024 but i don’t want to refuse again to have my order cancelled
Same order date and same color but Cincinnati. Had the same EDD 11/28-1/9. I found a demo (11 miles) in Cincy yesterday but was sold by the time I could call Tesla. Surprisingly when I called I was able to talk to someone at the Cincy store and they told me my car was scheduled to be there on 12/10.

1699622520168.png

This car has 28 miles odometer and states it is in transit. It is listed as a demo vehicle but what's with the Warranty? This was put into service 4 months ago??

Pulled the trigger on a demo with exactly the same 80k configuration in ultra red with just 18 miles on it, next step is Fed choice.

I was surprised to find a sudden influx of demos this afternoon, I had been checking regularly since yesterday. It will not be 2024, but gives me some peace of mind with the Fed Credit and FUSC transfer.
I almost did this, until they were jerks about 'seeing' the car and figured I'd just wait for mine. I'm guessing they are 'releasing the demos' for end of year sales. They want to sell everything they can by end of year/quarter. the lots and show rooms will be empty.

Looks like the black demo one I had bookmarked is gone.

Another weekly follow up,
Same status, no change to EDD of 11/9-12/14.
Trade-in value of the MYP expired, got a new value of $700 less.
I did submit an application for FedChoice yesterday and just waiting back on approvals.
Weekly update!
EDD updated to 11/17-12/8!
Still waiting on approvals from Fed Choice. They were giving me a tough time, because we just purchased an income property 5 months ago.
I think someone mentioned a POC that folks can reach out to. If someone can kindly point me to that post or the POC, so I can call them Monday first thing.

I almost did this, until they were jerks about 'seeing' the car and figured I'd just wait for mine. I'm guessing they are 'releasing the demos' for end of year sales. They want to sell everything they can by end of year/quarter. the lots and show rooms will be empty.

You will get your VIN next Monday or early next week, lol I am sure of it. The end is near, hanging there.

My EDD is now 11/24 ~ 12/1 with the VIN assigned, Boston area delivery.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
@SabrToothSqrl , Cheering for you to get your VIN soon as part of the Black MX support group....

My Details:
MXLR (Tax Edition) - Black/Black/5 Seater/Steering Wheel/20" Wheels
No FSD, No FSD Transfer, No Supercharging Transfer
Ordered through Sales Person: 9/27
Initial EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD Update 10/10: Nov 29 - Jan 24
EDD Update 10/22: Nov 26 - Jan 7
VIN Assigned: TBD
VIN: TBD
2023/2024?: TBD
Pick Up Date: TBD

My thinking was if I saw any major issues, I can reject it at the time of picking it up (I still have to drive 3 hours to pick up), I am keeping the original reservation as a backup and EDD on that is Jan -March. I made the mistake of using a different account on my original reservation so it does not qualify for FUSC transfer. I had not checked here before I placed the original order 🤦‍♂️

@SabrToothSqrl , Cheering for you to get your VIN soon as part of the Black MX support group....
If the Solid Black Tesla Owners ever have a meetup, it will have to be indoors, where we can keep the cars clean lol.

That just gave me an idea. Anyone ever go to those Indoor Go Karting - Autobahn Indoor Speedway & Events race things? It's EV, so it's indoors... (And SO MUCH FUN).

SO.... INDOOR TESLA RACING! we just need a HUGE warehouse, some cones, plausible deniability, some drone shots, and some hot dog vendors.
What could possibly go wrong?

My thinking was if I saw any major issues, I can reject it at the time of picking it up (I still have to drive 3 hours to pick up), I am keeping the original reservation as a backup and EDD on that is Jan -March. I made the mistake of using a different account on my original reservation so it does not qualify for FUSC transfer. I had not checked here before I placed the original order 🤦‍♂️
Not sure what the means? The requirement is you give up the FUSC on your current vehicle and take delivery before 12/31/23 (with some exceptions). What does an "account" have to do with the equation?

Not sure what the means? The requirement is you give up the FUSC on your current vehicle and take delivery before 12/31/23 (with some exceptions). What does an "account" have to do with the equation?
When ordering the new vehicle, it needs to be through the same email address as the original vehicle, I did not know that, and placed the new order using spouse's account. Since our current Model S is linked to both accounts, I did not know this could be an issue. By the time I found this out, the EDD had moved to Jan - March and I was told that there is no way to transfer the reservation to my email address. Getting the demo gave me an option to keep the FUSC, but I will lose my money (deposit) on the new reservation.

If not for the FUSC mix up, I would have been on the fence on the demo, as it is unknown if Model X is eligible for full Federal tax credit, also if it is a discount at point of sale will it bring down the sales tax little more?