Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S doesn’t have self presenting doors

Ohh my bad, I thought when you pull back on the retractable door handle on the Model S, the door kind of opens a couple of inches. If you're talking about self presenting doors like as you walk up to it and the door opens by itself, I haven't gotten to test it since I haven't technically hit accept in my app yet since the car wasn't paid off. I don't know if that's a feature.

However, on the Model X, the door only opens a couple of inches when you press the door handle in.

Although I was too excited about my car and must've confused things that weren't really there. I could've sworn that the Model S doors opened slightly when you pull the handle that retracted outwards. Or maybe it was when I opened the doors from the inside that it opened a couple of inches?

Last edited:
Reactions: Solidred
I overpaid my deposit (took a larger loan when I found a lower rate). Will Tesla refund me on purchase day, with a check, or I assume it's electronic, but days later, back to original funding source?

I KNOW, I KNOW. I'm stupid for paying for a car I can't see/touch yet, but I thought maybe it would go faster if I was all done in advance. (it doesn't).

So, my "amount due" is a negative number, not an insignificant one either, so I wouldn't mind the cash back sooner than later...

I will also have to make a payment on my current car loan, before they send they payoff amount to my bank, which means they will be paying more than is owed. I assume my bank puts the rest in my accounts then, and does not return it to Tesla..?

2 weeks and 3 daysish to go!

Mine was a negative balance of $250 since I put in the wrong number for payment. Tesla manager told me several weeks to get it back through a check. I even offered to pay the whole car off with a wire transfer from my bank, and then get a refund later from Tesla once FedChoice pays them, and she said she wouldn't recommend that since it may be held up for weeks and it would suck to lose $80k for several weeks. I agreed lol.

You can do ACH from app too

You can, but ACH does have some delay in processing (takes about 1 business day to happen.) The question that was presented earlier if it can be done on the day of delivery. Only things that can be gauranteed funds for Tesla on day of delivery is a Certified Check or an Instant Wire. Tesla would not allow you to take the Tesla unless the funds were cleared. ACH would mean another day of delay for the funds to clear, which means that it would have to be done a day or two earlier prior to delivery.

It took Tesla about 6 days to refund my loan payment from time of request to when the bank received the check. You just have to stay on top of it to make sure they process it instead of letting them drag their feet and delaying it.

And then took another month for me to get my second VIN. This may vary for you
Did you have to reapply for a new loan after like some have stated you would?

Have any been delivered? Anyone have VIN?
I got mine last week. Anyone taking delivery should take a close look at the extremes of the windshield. There are lateral lines of distortion on the right and left. Didn’t notice until I was driving that evening and the store front lights would look distorted.
I was instructed to make a service appointment, and at the appointment the service consultant said the was a known manufacturing issue. Had the “glass expert” come out and look and then said all the replacement windshields have the same issue.

Would not call it a recall issue.
No list was being kept to call owners back who are experiencing this issue, so no queue.
Just told to call back “in a few months”

Not sure it was enough to hold off on delivery if I saw it at delivery inspection. I traded in my X100D for the unlimited supercharger transfer.

Just FYI. I guess I’ll be checking every couple of months for the new undisputed windshields to come in.

I know this isn’t a Model X, but why are they already selling a Stealth Grey Model S Demo Vehicle?
I wonder the same thing--when do they decide the demo is ready to be sold? My buddy took delivery of a demo plaid x before the price drops and his had under 100 miles on it. but it did have several randos phones paired to bluetooth that he deleted, so it seemed plausible that it was indeed a demo

You can, but ACH does have some delay in processing (takes about 1 business day to happen.) The question that was presented earlier if it can be done on the day of delivery. Only things that can be gauranteed funds for Tesla on day of delivery is a Certified Check or an Instant Wire. Tesla would not allow you to take the Tesla unless the funds were cleared. ACH would mean another day of delay for the funds to clear, which means that it would have to be done a day or two earlier prior to delivery.
I've picked up 6 so far, all new and all ACH via Tesla app after I check the car out. It gives a green check mark and you drive off.

Reactions: msm859
I've picked up 6 so far, all new and all ACH via Tesla app after I check the car out. It gives a green check mark and you drive off.

Ohh interesting, then I was wrong! This is my first Tesla so you’ve got more experience than I do. The way Tesla apps states that the vehicle has to be paid before pickup makes it sound that ACH would have to be cleared prior to delivery.

Last edited:
Went to check out my car before taking delivery next week. Noticed some misalignment on one of the FWD’s. Do you guys think it’s reasonable?

Attachments

• IMG_7427.jpeg
    IMG_7427.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7428.jpeg
    IMG_7428.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 11
Went to check out my car before taking delivery next week. Noticed some misalignment on one of the FWD’s. Do you guys think it’s reasonable?

Any pics of top? Bottom? Based on what I've seen as long as you don't have any wind noises while driving, should be ok...Make sure the doors open and close smoothly.

Mine wasn't perfectly aligned either, but it seem to open and close pretty smoothly on both sides. I do see another gap between in the C pillar as well

Any pics of top? Bottom? Based on what I've seen as long as you don't have any wind noises while driving, should be ok...Make sure the doors open and close smoothly.
Thea a slight raise on the misaligned side. The second picture shows a more exaggerated angle (from below) of the front and FWD handles. It’s not as pronounced in person from a normal angle. I didn’t test drive it but when I sat inside to open and close the doors, everything seemed fine and smooth.

Attachments

• IMG_7423.jpeg
    IMG_7423.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7426.jpeg
    IMG_7426.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 16
Thea a slight raise on the misaligned side. The second picture shows a more exaggerated angle (from below) of the front and FWD handles. It’s not as pronounced in person from a normal angle. I didn’t test drive it but when I sat inside to open and close the doors, everything seemed fine and smooth.

I mean if it were me, I'd probably reject this one, but I'm a little too OCD and it would bother me too much to be okay with spending $80k on a car. The handles aren't aligned. It's not as noticeable on a black car though compared to the ultra red. It also depends on your situation- if you're looking for a tax credit build and need the vehicle by Dec 31 then you run into the risk of not getting it in time if you reject.

Our FWD isn't aligned perfectly either. Keep in mind with something that articulates, it's really difficult to get it aligned perfectly 100% of the time.

If it doesn't bother you at all, then keep it.

And I hate it when people excuse Tesla and say that other manufacturers have panel gaps. While that may be true (but I haven't noticed this in any of my other vehicles in this price range), Tesla is definitely way more tolerant of panel gaps and misalignments and calling them 'within spec' compared to other manufacturers. I was not able to see ANY panel gaps in my Jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenSD and msm859
I’ve seen better, I’ve seen worse. It’s about average.

Reactions: mathnerd88
I mean if it were me, I'd probably reject this one, but I'm a little too OCD and it would bother me too much to be okay with spending $80k on a car. The handles aren't aligned. It's not as noticeable on a black car though compared to the ultra red. It also depends on your situation- if you're looking for a tax credit build and need the vehicle by Dec 31 then you run into the risk of not getting it in time if you reject.

Our FWD isn't aligned perfectly either. Keep in mind with something that articulates, it's really difficult to get it aligned perfectly 100% of the time.

If it doesn't bother you at all, then keep it.

And I hate it when people excuse Tesla and say that other manufacturers have panel gaps. While that may be true (but I haven't noticed this in any of my other vehicles in this price range), Tesla is definitely way more tolerant of panel gaps and misalignments and calling them 'within spec' compared to other manufacturers. I was not able to see ANY panel gaps in my Jeep.
Of course I wish it would be more perfect too. Since it’s our first x, I just wanted to get a wider perspective from this knowledge base. Aesthetically I think it’s fine. I just want function not to be compromised but I guess if anything were to leak, I’d still have 4 yrs to warranty it.

Of course I wish it would be more perfect too. Since it’s our first x, I just wanted to get a wider perspective from this knowledge base. Aesthetically I think it’s fine. I just want function not to be compromised but I guess if anything were to leak, I’d still have 4 yrs to warranty it.
Yeah, the only thing from my research is possible wind noise or creaks from the doors flexing, but you would be pretty unlucky if it leaked.