Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it looks like the best rate you can get at Fedchoice now is 4.74% but only for 60months. Prob still lower than most but just not as good as the 3.99% they were offering just 4 days ago.
Too bad I didn't see this when i applied to USSFCU 3 weeks ago. I got their best rates @ 5.74. Now not sure if it's worth another hard hit to save 1%. Would have been all over it for 3.99%

It sounds like if you declined, it's YMMV what happens from that point on. If Tesla had a plethora of vehicles, you would be good, but there are some reports where they declined (as in above post) and still haven't gotten an EDD yet.

You also risk losing your FedChoice loan as well. Tesla might delay delivery dates longer. I know you have 60 days to finalize the loan, but given recent rate changes, and now everyone is trying to get in on FedChoice since it's still much cheaper than other loans even after the increase and likely to be bogged down, I would jump on it ASAP instead of waiting it out. FedChoice will probably find ANY excuse to give you a higher interest rate, since you haven't signed anything. They're already losing potential money with each passing loan they get since their interest rate is lower than Fed Funds rate.

When I bought houses, I had to sign documents to lock in the rate. Since FedChoice has not actually had you formally sign any documents, I would really try to get everything signed now to ensure you got that rate. I found it already sus that they would only give you the rate over the phone, and not something like in an email, which to me, tells me that they can change the rate at any time before formally signing documents.
They gave me the 3.99% rate automatically after applying for the loan. I've never called or spoken to anyone from fedchoice besides through the messenger.

Reactions: Operator
They gave me the 3.99% rate automatically after applying for the loan. I've never called or spoken to anyone from fedchoice besides through the messenger.

Yeah, I've seen that too from prior posts, but unless it was presented to me on a document to sign, I would still be wary, especially with recent changes to FedChoice rates and new member discount.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if they all of a sudden change their terms upon finalizing the loan. Get that loan signed ASAP once you get the VIN. Don't wait. My interest over 72 months is already over $10k for the base MXLR. You do NOT want that number higher. At 4.74%, it would be more than $2k more expensive.

Also, GAP insurance through them is $449, in case people are wondering. Not all insurance companies offer GAP insurance, in case I do want to switch over to another one. GAP insurance from insurance companies are usually cheaper, but I want that option of switching companies if I can get a cheaper rate.

Too bad I didn't see this when i applied to USSFCU 3 weeks ago. I got their best rates @ 5.74. Now not sure if it's worth another hard hit to save 1%. Would have been all over it for 3.99%
I jumped the gun and went with Tesla's finance option. What a joke lol. They funneled it through Santander at 6.45%. I went ahead and paid the full balance off prior to the first payment. 3.99 would have been awesome!

Reactions: explosive0
So it looks like the best rate you can get at Fedchoice now is 4.74% but only for 60months. Prob still lower than most but just not as good as the 3.99% they were offering just 4 days ago.
This is the reason I applied for the loan last week even though I’ve yet to be assigned a VIN. Wanted to lock in the 3.99% in case rates changed. EDD is 11/13-12/4 so within Fedchoice’s 60 day offer window.

new update
order date 9/09 MXLR | Black | White | 20' | Socal

Edd 01: Oct 18 - Nov 22
Edd 01 - Oct 31 - Dec 05
Edd 02 - Nov 4 - Nov 25
Edd 03 - Nov 5 - Nov 25
Edd 04 - Nov 6 - Nov 26
Edd 05 - Nov 7 - Nov 26
Edd 06 - Nov 8 - Nov 26
Edd 07 - Jan 2024 - Feb 2024 (this morning 11/13)

who knows anymore
Oh man; that's disheartening! Sorry you keep getting pushed out.

• Love
Reactions: jojobeans
Well, be ready at a moments notice! Seriously within an hour went from Nov 29th - Jan 9th, to pick up your car now! Now I'm scrambling!
If anything, just get the Tesla portable charger, or a portable charger from Costco and charge from the regular 120V port. It's only 3 miles/hr, but at least you'll get some more miles overnight prior to actual charger install. You would probably need one of those portable ones anyways to store in the Tesla in case you visit a friend/relative who doesn't have a charger.

Reactions: srjinatl
Same here... they automatically applied it and when the loan was approved they listed the rate at 3.99% for the term of 72-months which I had selected.

You snooze you lose sometimes...same with Tesla Loyalty and offers... when the taking is good jump on it!

Anyone know for sure if it’s an actual rate lock for that 60 day period? I was planning on finalizing the loan closer to delivery (about 2 weeks from today) to avoid the interest accrual. Hoping that decision doesn’t end up being penny wise / pound foolish

Longtime lurker but first time poster.
OD: 9/19
Config: Ultra red tax edition
Most recent EDD: 11/24-12/29
VIN: TODAY! 11/13 with delivery tomorrow.

I was a little surprised to get a VIN today when I'm still a couple of weeks out from my earliest estimated delivery date. It looks like is either arriving today or is already at the delivery center. It's a 2023 (was hoping for a '24 but I'm not going to turn a '23 down) and it says 15 miles on the odometer. Hopefully it wasn't someone else's reject (!) but I'm looking forward to having a second car again. I'll miss my Rivian, but I won't regret putting kids in car seats in the X instead!

I'll still be interested to see your delivery date since we had the same order date. Going to spy at the dealer today to see if I can spot the car, and give it a look-over.
I called them last week bc they had a demo in Cincy with the same spec. It was sold within 4-5 mins it took me to call in. He said he was able to look in the system and it stated 12/10 arrival to the Cincy store for my order.

Longtime lurker but first time poster.
OD: 9/19
Config: Ultra red tax edition
Most recent EDD: 11/24-12/29
VIN: TODAY! 11/13 with delivery tomorrow.

I was a little surprised to get a VIN today when I'm still a couple of weeks out from my earliest estimated delivery date. It looks like is either arriving today or is already at the delivery center. It's a 2023 (was hoping for a '24 but I'm not going to turn a '23 down) and it says 15 miles on the odometer. Hopefully it wasn't someone else's reject (!) but I'm looking forward to having a second car again. I'll miss my Rivian, but I won't regret putting kids in car seats in the X instead!
You sold your Rivian? T or S?

You sold your Rivian? T or S?
R1T. When I ordered it, I had visions of adventures but then I had another kid and I work from home, so it ended up just sitting in my garage. I found myself riding shotgun in my wife's van, so I needed something that would allow me to drive again. Although it wasn't perfect, I loved most aspects of the Rivian and I would definitely buy one again.