Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not get a gap insurance as I was putting a significant down payment (~$30k and financing $50k), as it will be highly unlikely that I will be upside down on the loan, does that make sense?
I have 65K financial amount. GAP may not be necessary but it is cheap and who know what Tesla does with their pricing in the future so adding it may keep me sleep in peace.

I think we can all relate to the annoyance of having these date ranges that aren’t very accurate, but I don’t see how it cost you any more. Say they had given you an exact date of..let’s say Jan 15. You would not have been able to get the lower rate anyway. So all they really did was give you a false hope at a lower rate.

Well I paid a $250 order fee in October because they told me I would get my car in Nov-Dec and now they say Jan-Feb. I may not be able to buy if after the 1st of the year because of( business) tax reasons. Flip side some people are getting VIN's and delivery dates way before the last EDD they received and told to get financing and pick up in 2 days. This really is amateur hour.

Agreed @msm859, I was told at the time of purchase to expect my delivery in Nov - Dec. I would have been able to secure and maintain a 3.99% rate based on this initial delivery date which came with a required $250 non-refundable deposit. But as of now my EDD keeps pushing back.

It goes back to a prior statement I made about this process being a bit ridiculous. As you mentioned Tesla is all over the place with how they're asking people to quickly get funding on weekends and holidays or risk missed delivery appointments. This is in addition to trying to track a moving EDD target while on a Tesla semi traveling at 80 mph with experimental brakes.

I have 65K financial amount. GAP may not be necessary but it is cheap and who know what Tesla does with their pricing in the future so adding it may keep me sleep in peace.
My DP is over half the vehicle worth, and I went with GAP through FedChoice. My last car I bought pretty much this Feb, and it was totaled in Aug. I ended up have to pay after insurance paid out. I prefer the piece of mind, knowing I've covered. Especially if Tesla decides to drop the price to something silly like $65k next year.

So my EDD changed last week to December 29 - February 23. Fedchoice finance will expire in January. I hope that I get the car before then. The new rate is much higher now.
OD 10/29 - MXLR/SG/ Poor man edition
EDD1 - Dec-Jan
EDD2 - Jan - Feb
EDD3 - Dec 29- Feb 23
There are cars appeared in the app to have option to buy now near me, but they are all above 80K so not qualify for tax credit.

Not something anyone can rely on, or put much into. But if my experience tells you anything, you never know how legit your EDD is.

Order date: 9/22, Colorado. MX Red w/Black interior 5seater on 20's
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Nov 27 - Jan 22
EDD3: Nov 28 - Jan 9
Nov 13th Notified of Delivery
Nov 15th Car arrived on-site (So I don't think it was a rejected car).
Nov 20th Scheduled pickup.

So 2 weeks before my earliest EDD I was notified the car was on the way. Thankfully I put in my FedChoice (3.99%) request last week, as I figured the 60days would carry me over until Mid Jan if need be, due to the Jan 9th EDD.
@Operator
What date did you get your VIN? Do you think that this specific vehicle was the one built for YOU, from your 9/22 OD?

VIN assigned this morning, 422xxx. 10th digit is P so still a 2023 model year. MSM -> Stealth Gray

EDD: November 14 - November 21

Picked up this afternoon in Tampa— ordered on 9/3 so almost 2.5 months from order to delivery.

I’m a very happy camper!! Seemless experience, though door handles and trim are a little unaligned on the passenger side, but I’m fine with it. No bumper camera or RGB ambient lighting.

Here’s my Stealth Gray Model X next to a MSM Model Y:
IMG_8139.jpeg

Seems like the other images I took were too large to upload, but will try to post later today if I get within the size limits.

Picked up this afternoon in Tampa— ordered on 9/3 so almost 2.5 months from order to delivery.

I’m a very happy camper!! Seemless experience, though door handles and trim are a little unaligned on the passenger side, but I’m fine with it. No bumper camera or RGB ambient lighting.

Here’s my Stealth Gray Model X next to a MSM Model Y:
View attachment 991542

Seems like the other images I took were too large to upload, but will try to post later today if I get within the size limits.

Here we go (there’s an “Options” button in the bottom left of iPhone screen when selecting photos where you can change the size from original):

IMG_8161.jpeg
IMG_8158.jpeg
IMG_8154.jpeg
IMG_8150.jpeg
IMG_8138.jpeg

@Operator
What date did you get your VIN? Do you think that this specific vehicle was the one built for YOU, from your 9/22 OD?
The 13th. I would "assume" that another customer in the local area declined it before it arrived, for what ever reason, and I was next in line for a car that matched that build. But again, that's just my assumption, with how quickly things transpired. Not too many people in this thread got their VIN 2 weeks prior to the earliest EDD.

Reactions: Saxman
So my EDD changed last week to December 29 - February 23. Fedchoice finance will expire in January. I hope that I get the car before then. The new rate is much higher now.
OD 10/29 - MXLR/SG/ Poor man edition
EDD1 - Dec-Jan
EDD2 - Jan - Feb
EDD3 - Dec 29- Feb 23
There are cars appeared in the app to have option to buy now near me, but they are all above 80K so not qualify for tax credit.
I was wondering the same thing with why the cars they have online for immediate delivery are priced higher.

I ordered on 10/25 MXLR in white, poor man’s edition and changed it to SG on 10/30.

Original EDD was November - December, EDD 2 December - January, EDD 3 December 28 - February 22

I was wondering the same thing with why the cars they have online for immediate delivery are priced higher.

I ordered on 10/25 MXLR in white, poor man’s edition and changed it to SG on 10/30.

Original EDD was November - December, EDD 2 December - January, EDD 3 December 28 - February 22
Those are pretty much all demo cars that have old prices or less desirable options (Any option). Especially considering any option is the price of the option + $7500 more. For those of us who ordered a Plaid they generally have little to none available.

Reactions: SSAYET
So I went to check out the car early (still Monday pickup). Only inspected the exterior. But so far so good. They will detail the car Monday before I get to the dealership, will give it another look over to ensure I didn’t miss anything. Nothing outrageous. Mainly just items I probably would have never cared about if I hadn’t joined this forum 😄.

Attachments

• IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    794 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5758.jpeg
    IMG_5758.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 21
I am in Seattle area, 9/22 order date, still no VIN, EDD is Nov 22 - Dec 27. Still not applied for loan.

If you were in my situation, what would you do? Do I still have hope for delivery prior to Dec 31?

For Seattle area folks, after getting VIN, when did you schedule your delivery?

MXLR, Ultra Red, 5 seat.

So I went to check out the car early (still Monday pickup). Only inspected the exterior. But so far so good. They will detail the car Monday before I get to the dealership, will give it another look over to ensure I didn’t miss anything. Nothing outrageous. Mainly just items I probably would have never cared about if I hadn’t joined this forum 😄.
if you aren't camping out in a lawn chair next to your car, do you even "Tesla"?

8 days, 16 hours, 4 minutes and 2 seconds​

But, like, who's counting?