Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dmk712 @domonas
I was just quoted for my 2016 MX & wife's 2021 Cadillac XT5, from SAFECO, $3000 12 months! It started at $2200 in 2021, then $2550 in 2022, and now $3000 for December 2023-2024...without ever filing a claim.

I'm afraid to see what will happen when I switch from 2016 MX to 2023???????
My wife has a 2015 BMW 328 so may that’s why it’s cheaper? Mine also has the gap insurance too

Reactions: Saxman
looking for perspective here:

Had a 23 S which I got rid of. Now in market for another car. Have an S on order but we have a kid less than 1 yr old so wife is saying to go for X. We also have a Y So 5 seater doesn't make sense for us. I'm inclined to get 7 seater but 6 looks best and most comfortable.

Now plaid comes with 6 and the $3500 was easily worth it in early October, but now it's $8500 for plaid. Do I need plaid? No. But it bothers me paying $6500 for seats. Seems too high.

on the other hand, the plaid makes more sense but I know it was $5k less recently and that bothers me.

not sure what to do and looking for perspective.
I don't know how long I'll keep car, but we plan on many more kids in future.

In the MVPA, check under Section 5 (Total Credits), sub section B. Order Fee Payment
In section 5 I see:

Section 5.B (Order Fee Payment): $250
In 5.D is my financed amount and 5.G is my down payment, Still feel unclear to me but I don't buy cars very often.

I am assuming that in section 1.A (Cash price of motor vehicle, options, accessories and fees) which shows $81,630. That is MSRP of $79,990 + some fees, etc. so it is still tax eligible for the $7,500 rebate?

Last edited:
In section 5 I see:

Section 5.B (Order Fee Payment): $250
In 5.D is my financed amount and 5.G is my down payment, Still feel unclear to me but I don't buy cars very often.

I am assuming that in section 1.A (Cash price of motor vehicle, options, accessories and fees) which shows $81,630. That is MSRP of $79,990 + some fees, etc. so it is still tax eligible for the $7,500 rebate?
IRS goes by the MSRP price not the actual price you paid. So for example if you pick up a DEMO with discounts under the 80K price cap and the vehicle original MSRP was 81,000 it would not qualify. Fees like destination, registration , taxes ect.... will not effect the MSRP price. Only upgrades effect the MSRP price. So as long as you do not upgrade anything your fine

Reactions: davenlei

Had a 23 S which I got rid of. Now in market for another car. Have an S on order but we have a kid less than 1 yr old so wife is saying to go for X. We also have a Y So 5 seater doesn't make sense for us. I'm inclined to get 7 seater but 6 looks best and most comfortable.

Now plaid comes with 6 and the $3500 was easily worth it in early October, but now it's $8500 for plaid. Do I need plaid? No. But it bothers me paying $6500 for seats. Seems too high.

on the other hand, the plaid makes more sense but I know it was $5k less recently and that bothers me.

Same situation. Ordered Plaid because we wanted the 6 seat configuration. We have S, but had the chance to drive X for 2 weeks. Made it so much easier having a baby.

My only concern is the lack of front bumper camera. Seeing that the cybertruck has one I might cancel to wait for another few months until they add it to the ‘24 X models.

Reactions: StevenSD

Went through the same decision 2 months ago. The Y is like a 4 seater with the baby seats inside.

At the time, plaid was a no brainer for $3500. I still think it’s good value at 8500 if you can appreciate additional power, carbon fiber interior, and upgraded brakes. I agree with waiting until the price feels right.

If you need to carry large items the 7 seater LR would make sense.

My understanding is that the pads and red color are the only difference between the LR and Plaid X (regular vs performance pad material). Please correct me if I am wrong.
The Plaid cars have three electric motors (versus two in the LR). One in the front for the front axle and two in the rear for the rear wheels with torque vectoring system. The motors in the Plaid are also carbon-sleeved.

Got some narrowing of the EDD 🎉🎉

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 22

I ran into this dilemma. Was waiting for some things before ordering and thought plaid was a no brainer bc I wanted 6 seats. But then I was crushed when they raised it 5k and now a 8500 difference. But end of day I ended up ordering plaid bc I knew every time I saw one I’d be regretting not getting one.