Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into this dilemma. Was waiting for some things before ordering and thought plaid was a no brainer bc I wanted 6 seats. But then I was crushed when they raised it 5k and now a 8500 difference. But end of day I ended up ordering plaid bc I knew every time I saw one I’d be regretting not getting one.

I was going to order the tax model, but really wanted cream interior and knew when it was paid off that I'd want to buy again for the plaid. I figured buying it now would save me $20k in the long run.

The Plaid cars have three electric motors (versus two in the LR). One in the front for the front axle and two in the rear for the rear wheels with torque vectoring system. The motors in the Plaid are also carbon-sleeved.
Sorry. I should have been more clear. The difference between the plaid and long range “brakes” is what I meant to say. There are a lot of other differences between the plaid and non plaid like stated which is the motors, badging, carbon fiber interior accents, etc.

Latest with the pick up date added:

MXLR (Tax Edition) - Black/Black/5 Seater/Steering Wheel/20" Wheels
No FSD, No FSD Transfer, No Supercharging Transfer
Ordered through Sales Person: 9/27
Initial EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD Update 10/10: Nov 29 - Jan 24
EDD Update 10/22: Nov 26 - Jan 7
EDD Update 11/13: Nov 29 - Jan 3
VIN Assigned: 11/25
VIN Year: 2023 (PF424)
Pick Up Date: 11/28 (Scheduled)

Went ahead and agreed to the document for lack of ultrasonic sensors, etc., uploaded proof of insurance, paid the down payment and sent all the final paperwork to the bank to fund. Remaining balance - $0.00

Just fyi, I drive I-5 in Oregon nearly everyday of the year and see car carriers with Tesla’s nearly daily. Model X is fairly rare to see on any given truck, but the past two weeks I have seen carriers that are nearly half Model X’s. Anecdotally, huge increase in deliveries.

Reactions: davenlei
Hasn't budged all month, just got an update this morning. Still no VIN.

Black/black poverty spec
Order date: 10/2
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Dec 17th - Feb 11th
EDD3: Dec 15th - Jan 26th
EDD4: Dec 14th - Jan 18th
Well I ordered 9/27 and only had a few EDD updates and suddenly out of the blue received a VIN days before my latest EDD window started. I have a feeling your VIN is coming soon. Mine was black/black as well.

New update, geez!

MX UltraRed Tax Edition, north of Houston area
10/26: Order Date
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Dec-Jan
EDD3: Jan-Feb
11/8 EDD4: 1/7-3/3
11/22 EDD5: 1/5-2/16
11/27 EDD6: 1/20-3/16
Wow, your dates are going the wrong direction. Have you contacted an SA to ask why your date is being pushed out so much when you see just about everyone else getting their dates pulled in? Is there something going on at the Delivery/Service center in your area? I am wondering if they are pushing out deliveries in your area due to a logistics/delivery issue there?

Not sure how's the experience of others with FedChoice sending funds to Tesla, but mine is not that smooth, seems their loan officers are so busy that they are not working on my application.
My scheduled delivery is this Wed, but this afternoon when I call them what I got was "The loan officer will reach out to you soon"😥

Not sure how's the experience of others with FedChoice sending funds to Tesla, but mine is not that smooth, seems their loan officers are so busy that they are not working on my application.
My scheduled delivery is this Wed, but this afternoon when I call them what I got was "The loan officer will reach out to you soon"😥
Make sure funds are wired at least a day or two before, otherwise you may miss your delivery date.

I am supposed to take delivery today but was waiting on wiring proof, finally got it but it was past delivery time so rescheduled now. I think they are swamped with us.

Make sure funds are wired at least a day or two before, otherwise you may miss your delivery date.
I am supposed to take delivery today but was waiting on wiring proof, finally got it but it was past delivery time so rescheduled now. I think they are swamped with us.
That scares me!
OK, I will call them tomorrow morning as soon as they come into the office!