Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been following this for awhile but have never posted. I'm located in Maryland and ordered a black $79k Model X on October 11. My EDD pretty quickly changed to December 22 to February 2 and stayed there until last Friday when I got a text saying I had been assigned a VIN and was prompted to schedule delivery a few minutes later. I'm picking it up tomorrow from the Silver Spring service center. I'm paying cash and don't have a trade in.

So after a lot of uncertainty and having to push my appointment out, and a long delay at Tesla, I finally picked up my car. It looks great, love the stealth grey (MXP , 20”, standard steering). Multiple updates installed already. Haven’t had a chance to take pictures as I got home after dark.
What was your order date and vin date? is ti a poverty?

Reactions: Saxman
So it is an additional $250 cost for

I've been following this for awhile but have never posted. I'm located in Maryland and ordered a black $79k Model X on October 11. My EDD pretty quickly changed to December 22 to February 2 and stayed there until last Friday when I got a text saying I had been assigned a VIN and was prompted to schedule delivery a few minutes later. I'm picking it up tomorrow from the Silver Spring service center. I'm paying cash and don't have a trade in.
@Subgdubb
Congrats! I'm still waiting for VIN from a 9/30 OD. Do you think your quickness for VIN & delivery was due to a crossroad a canceled order?

Scheduled my delivery on Dec 2nd, Ultra Red, tax credit version, got VIN yesterday PF426. Ordered on 9/22.

Completed Fedchoice docsign, not sure what's next with that.

Struggling with getting insurance, no one is giving me a quote :)
I also completed fedchoice docsign today, they said that wire would be out before 3 PM EST, will see...

For insurance, WA has a 7-30 days new vehicle grace period if you have an active insurance so I'm not that worried about having it done before delivery

• Love
Reactions: Fight_Club
Not sure if I posted pictures already but here she goes; picked up last Tuesday. Ended up canceling my order and grabbing this when it popped up in inventory. It was almost exactly what I ordered - only difference was this had the yoke vs the steering wheel in my original order. Figured I'd just pay the $700 for a retrofit and move on.
  • MX LR
  • 7-seater
  • Stealth gray
  • Yoke
View attachment 994308
Hey now, remember when I ever get my MX with round wheel, I’ll trade you a round for a yoke!!!

It's a sweet combo but one they don't build apparently.
Hey Fargo eh? I have a friend there that I was trying to convince a Tesla is a good car to. He has range anxiety especially with the cold highway miles. He also says everyone in Fargo knows each other and that town drunk doesn't narrow it down.
Just got back visiting inlaw in UP MI and was reminded what it means to drink casually...

If you travel west or south from here (Montana or South Dakota), you'd have range anxiety too. There's not a lot of charging options there. In the olden days (pre SC), you'd have to rely on the generosity of someone you met online to get a quick charge from their garage. Luckily I only went west once and was able to make it on a charge from the first SC west of me.

Fargo is quite large so I know a few of the Tesla owners here and recognize many of the owners in the ND Facebook group, but there's so many Teslas here now, I gave up on waving to every one of them.

Pics of your new X when it comes in, or it didn't happen.