Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just stopped by the service center. My vehicle was onsite, just not detailed yet. Should these be concerning:

1. There is a sheet that says kickback in the window from 11-08 marked for paint.

2. The rubber lip near the passenger door window is not flush. It doesn’t impact the window functionality, just appears to an imperfection in how the rubber was made for this particular piece.

3. On the passenger FWD, there is a small gap in the rubber seal of the ceiling glass. I saw the same on another X right next to it and wondering if this is normal.

Explains the 422 vin.

After 4 Teslas, I’m less concerned w the cosmetics stuffs as long as they don’t affect functionality. The glass seal might cause increase noise but you’ll prob get used to that. I’m more concerned w water leakage during a big rain storm. But doesn’t look like it’s difficult to fix unless they completely missed the door install.

Crazy it’s been there for 3 weeks and no one took care of it. I would text Tesla and let them know to fix this now or you won’t take delivery.

Went to pickup mine and there was a big crack on Falcon wing door upper glass. They are going to fix it,. Now I am worried if that would cause more issues in future?

Lost half of excitement due to Fedchoice mess up and now another half due to this issue.

Thinking of cancelling my order and moving on, releasing this VIN and waiting for new one is another option, but not sure how that would end up(won't be eligible for tax credit next year).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger
Good morning all. I do hope this thread and group continue — the “Tax Edition” story is still ongoing on this “sub $80k” MX story line and then we are all still curious when 24 VINs kick in, possibility of camera/RGB add, order-VIN-delivery times, financing, continuation of the tax credit, and so much more. I look here and on the app all day, lol. Sales center peeps seem to be so uninformed, so much better to learn from here. Hopefully more people will find this thread as well.

My 10/26 TaxEdition order has been EDD: 1/20-3/16 for about a week now. All good, not a huge rush.

Meanwhile, just for fun, I put in a $100 order for a CT earlier this week and watched the livestream delivery event yesterday. Web now updated with specs and pricing and order price went up to $250 (refundable). The AWD version now $79,990 and also qualifying for the $7500 tax credit, expected to remain into 2024. Hmmm, dollar for dollar, switch to CT??? Web says delivery 2024, lmao, my guess is I will have my MX for 4 years and when my CT order is built, trade it in ☺️, just kidding!!!
I second your points regarding this thread. Like you caught myself thinking of the value of the $80k version of the CT vs. that of Model X; I actually think there’s more with the CT. If I were offered the opportunity to get it in 2024 (my preorder is ~50,000 in line) vs. the Model X I have on order, I think I would take the CT. The only catch for me is the FUSC transfer.

Explains the 422 vin.

After 4 Teslas, I’m less concerned w the cosmetics stuffs as long as they don’t affect functionality. The glass seal might cause increase noise but you’ll prob get used to that. I’m more concerned w water leakage during a big rain storm. But doesn’t look like it’s difficult to fix unless they completely missed the door install.

Crazy it’s been there for 3 weeks and no one took care of it. I would text Tesla and let them know to fix this now or you won’t take delivery.

I ended up with a 4222** vin, with it ready for pick-up 11/17 but only got a chance to go in and look at it yesterday. I, too, wondered if it could be a reject or something was wrong.

Everything looked and worked perfectly, except:

- New car smell. Is this normal in new Tesla's? I know that's a dumb question, but I was slightly surprised. I'm guessing it could be the cream plastic ("vegan") seats, along with everything else being plastic. I mostly buy used cars. It wasn't new-leather smell, which is nicer.

- I ended up with allergy symptoms an hour later, which I usually get if I'm exposed to leaf mold or pollen or such. I spent 15 minutes sitting in the car playing with the heating and AC. Apparently the refresh HEPA filters are right next to the air intake and are low enough to catch water? Could also be a lot of leaf mold in the air in New England this week. It didn't smell like mold so hopefully a coincidence.

I ended up with a 4222** vin, with it ready for pick-up 11/17 but only got a chance to go in and look at it yesterday. I, too, wondered if it could be a reject or something was wrong.

Everything looked and worked perfectly, except:

- New car smell. Is this normal in new Tesla's? I know that's a dumb question, but I was slightly surprised. I'm guessing it could be the cream plastic ("vegan") seats, along with everything else being plastic. I mostly buy used cars. It wasn't new-leather smell, which is nicer.

- I ended up with allergy symptoms an hour later, which I usually get if I'm exposed to leaf mold or pollen or such. I spent 15 minutes sitting in the car playing with the heating and AC. Apparently the refresh HEPA filters are right next to the air intake and are low enough to catch water? Could also be a lot of leaf mold in the air in New England this week. It didn't smell like mold so hopefully a coincidence.
For both Tesla's I received, the 'new car' smell is not as strong as with other brands I have bought in the past. I am sure part of it is the materials.
Not having a strong 'new car' smell is probably a good thing since all the 'smell' is the materials, glues, plastics, etc. outgassing potentially micro toxic materials.

For those of you old enough, remember how good leaded gas smelled?

I second your points regarding this thread. Like you caught myself thinking of the value of the $80k version of the CT vs. that of Model X; I actually think there’s more with the CT. If I were offered the opportunity to get it in 2024 (my preorder is ~50,000 in line) vs. the Model X I have on order, I think I would take the CT. The only catch for me is the FUSC transfer.
I pre ordered 4 years ago. Not sure when I'll get it. I think I'm still going to go for X because of FWD. I hear they are very good for child seats - I have a young one who is very tall and it's very difficult not to his head when putting him in the Y

Reactions: ChiefRollo
I started doing PPF myself as sport :D , it is not easy. I have bubbles in couple places, but I am ok, I love it everytime I look. I bought precut films from ebay. I did back bumper and front bumper, I will do hood and sides tomorrow, i think bumpers are the hardest especially the front.

Ordered 9/15 MXP. Got a VIN 11/30. Called and rejected it yesterday. They also put my account on a 2 week hold so as not to get same car reassigned. For those wondering it was a 2023 VIN. I'm not ready, waiting on home charger to be installed.
Just checked this morning (right after waking up of course) and saw that I have a VIN; it’s PF427 with an EDD of 12/16 - 12/22 (for an UR-LR-MX). With vacation planned over this stretch of days, I need to reject this somehow. Can someone share relevant experience? Do I simply reach out to the SA? What’s the proper etiquette to follow to manage this well? My main driver with this order is the FUSC transfer.

Just checked this morning (right after waking up of course) and saw that I have a VIN; it’s PF427 with an EDD of 12/16 - 12/22 (for an UR-LR-MX). With vacation planned over this stretch of days, I need to reject this somehow. Can someone share relevant experience? Do I simply reach out to the SA? What’s the proper etiquette to follow to manage this well? My main driver with this order is the FUSC transfer.
I just had my PF422 VIN released. Simple process for me, just went to the service center where my VIN currently is and told them I wasn’t going to accept the car as-is because I think it was a previous factory or customer reject. They understood and released the VIN from my account followed by putting my account on hold for 14 days.

Attachments

• IMG_1542.jpeg
    IMG_1542.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 44
Reply to the

You should be able to reply to the text they've sent you. That's how I did it when I rejected my first vin for my PY, because it didn't have 4680's. :rolleyes:

I just had my PF422 VIN released. Simple process for me, just went to the service center where my VIN currently is and told them I wasn’t going to accept the car as-is because I think it was a previous factory or customer reject. They understood and released the VIN from my account followed by putting my account on hold for 14 days.

How did you find out your car was at the local Tesla prior to delivery date? Good idea to survey the car for clues that there were previous issues. Other than the vin number of course.

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek