Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/21 SoCal MXP, Black, Cream, Yoke, 20's
EDD1: Nov - Dec 2023
EDD2: Nov 19 - Dec 31
EDD3: Nov 27 - Jan 1 (11/13)
EDD4: Dec 2-23
EDD5: Dec 4-25 (12/3)
EDD6: Dec 5-25 (12/5)
EDD7: Dec 6-25 (12/6)

inch worm one day shorter.

Only days over these past 6 months that I have anything planned out of town is 12/13 & 12/15 to 12/17. How much y'all wanna bet this will be my delivery date???

Ordered 9/21 SoCal MXP, Black, Cream, Yoke, 20's
EDD1: Nov - Dec 2023
EDD2: Nov 19 - Dec 31
EDD3: Nov 27 - Jan 1 (11/13)
EDD4: Dec 2-23
EDD5: Dec 4-25 (12/3)
EDD6: Dec 5-25 (12/5)
EDD7: Dec 6-25 (12/6)

inch worm one day shorter.

Only days over these past 6 months that I have anything planned out of town is 12/13 & 12/15 to 12/17. How much y'all wanna bet this will be my delivery date???
I'm at dec 9-30. They must be about to start a batch of MXP.

Reactions: SOBX MX
Just picked up my car. I didn’t fine toothcomb it but from a 10 min survey it is actually really good. No misalignment no paint issues no loose trim. Only thing I found so far was a small nick on the backside of the steering wheel. Pretty happy and night and day difference from my Y.

IMG_4700.jpeg

Was the upgrade worth it? Or ok to stay at EAP for now? And did you just have to pay the difference in price or more?
I'd to pay the difference which for my 2017 car was $3000. Its same as if today you got just EAP $6000 and later wanted FSD you will pay $6000. As for if upgrade was worth? Not really sure, fwiw FSD still cant' go from my home to freeway without having to change lanes 2-3 times which is really annoying. But it has gotten a lot better since last few updates. Waiting for v12 to try out all the Elon hype.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Just picked up my car. I didn’t fine toothcomb it but from a 10 min survey it is actually really good. No misalignment no paint issues no loose trim. Only thing I found so far was a small nick on the backside of the steering wheel. Pretty happy and night and day difference from my Y.

View attachment 997109
I love the blue. Seems like the least popular color. Wife loves the grey though so that's what we are getting.

• Love
Reactions: eeee-meeee
11/15 Update!
VIN Assigned today 11/15
"PF423XXX"
Okay my updates fell off the rails due to a million escalations at work.
Wanted to give one of my final updates here so folks are aware of my experience.

Fed Choice Approved my loan for 3.99%, this was probably because I applied before the increase. I didn't get approved before the increase, so I got a bit worried and questioned if I'd get the lower rate. They honored it, so no more questions asked.
Couple notes here on Fed Choice,
  • Someone mentioned to not use a credit card to fund your FedChoice account because it will show as cash advanced and recommended to use a debit card instead. I personally didn't see this charge come through as a cash advanced, not sure if others saw the same.
  • I purchased an income property recently, so had to use my wife's income as a secondary. Don't think it mattered on the salary ( I make 3X her salary), probably more for an insurance in case I lose my job or something.
Delivery date scheduled for 12/6 in Peabody MA. No issues during pickup other than my assumption of wiring funds takes seconds to transact.
  • 12/1 I got the final amount late in the afternoon. I immediately asked Fed Choice to update the loan amount to match whats needed after the trade in.
  • 12/6 AM - FedChoice updated the numbers and I signed the agreements.
  • 12/6 - 12:30 PM I showed up at the service center for pickup and found out the funds were just wired and may take up to 4 hours to post.
    • Lessons learned here for next time. Just keep calling FedChoice to settle on the loan amount early to not interfere with pick up.
While all the above was happening, checked out the Model X with no major issues that I could find. I can say one part that looks off is the way they formed the rear quarter panels above the tail light. Its basically a sharp corner, so its folded in and the paint seems to be lighter there. Probably a product of using robots to paint your vehicles. Not enough for me to reject a vehicle since I'm getting it PPFd and will probably not need to worry. Overall experience was awesome despite the delay on the wired funds, which was my fault for waiting till the end. It was almost a seamless pick up.

I also never had an issue with this service center, even thought the google reviews says otherwise. My SA, Ian, has seen me pick up all of my Teslas that I've owned so far. He always provides great service so definitely appreciate him making the experience better every time. We also received some gifts upon pickup which made it feel much more exclusive than when I picked up my Model 3 and Model Y in the past. We got tumbler and some Tesla logo stickers.

After the pickup we dropped off the X at a local PPF shop for whole vehicle PPF, ceramic coating, and tints. I'll pick it up next Thursday and share some pics of it then, but for now I'll post a couple of photos of what it looked like during pick up.

Attachments

• 20231206_140426.jpg
    20231206_140426.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231206_140500.jpg
    20231206_140500.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 10
Okay my updates fell off the rails due to a million escalations at work.
Wanted to give one of my final updates here so folks are aware of my experience.

Fed Choice Approved my loan for 3.99%, this was probably because I applied before the increase. I didn't get approved before the increase, so I got a bit worried and questioned if I'd get the lower rate. They honored it, so no more questions asked.
Couple notes here on Fed Choice,
  • Someone mentioned to not use a credit card to fund your FedChoice account because it will show as cash advanced and recommended to use a debit card instead. I personally didn't see this charge come through as a cash advanced, not sure if others saw the same.
  • I purchased an income property recently, so had to use my wife's income as a secondary. Don't think it mattered on the salary ( I make 3X her salary), probably more for an insurance in case I lose my job or something.
Delivery date scheduled for 12/6 in Peabody MA. No issues during pickup other than my assumption of wiring funds takes seconds to transact.
  • 12/1 I got the final amount late in the afternoon. I immediately asked Fed Choice to update the loan amount to match whats needed after the trade in.
  • 12/6 AM - FedChoice updated the numbers and I signed the agreements.
  • 12/6 - 12:30 PM I showed up at the service center for pickup and found out the funds were just wired and may take up to 4 hours to post.
    • Lessons learned here for next time. Just keep calling FedChoice to settle on the loan amount early to not interfere with pick up.
While all the above was happening, checked out the Model X with no major issues that I could find. I can say one part that looks off is the way they formed the rear quarter panels above the tail light. Its basically a sharp corner, so its folded in and the paint seems to be lighter there. Probably a product of using robots to paint your vehicles. Not enough for me to reject a vehicle since I'm getting it PPFd and will probably not need to worry. Overall experience was awesome despite the delay on the wired funds, which was my fault for waiting till the end. It was almost a seamless pick up.

I also never had an issue with this service center, even thought the google reviews says otherwise. My SA, Ian, has seen me pick up all of my Teslas that I've owned so far. He always provides great service so definitely appreciate him making the experience better every time. We also received some gifts upon pickup which made it feel much more exclusive than when I picked up my Model 3 and Model Y in the past. We got tumbler and some Tesla logo stickers.

After the pickup we dropped off the X at a local PPF shop for whole vehicle PPF, ceramic coating, and tints. I'll pick it up next Thursday and share some pics of it then, but for now I'll post a couple of photos of what it looked like during pick up.
How much were you quoted for the PPF? Just wanting to compare since I was quoted between $6K-$7K just for PPF with basic prep. They wanted more to do full prep (paint correction for whatever is there on new paint such as scuffs and holograms, etc.). With a black car I probably should reconsider but I am just going to go with ceramic coating since I don't do very much freeway driving (95+% city driving) and the roads here are maintained well and kept clean.

How much were you quoted for the PPF? Just wanting to compare since I was quoted between $6K-$7K just for PPF with basic prep. They wanted more to do full prep (paint correction for whatever is there on new paint such as scuffs and holograms, etc.). With a black car I probably should reconsider but I am just going to go with ceramic coating since I don't do very much freeway driving (95+% city driving) and the roads here are maintained well and kept clean.
I was quoted $7k for fully body ppf basic prep (wash, iron removal). He did note that he would buff out any holograms etc that were spotted while prepping the vehicle, and he did do that. He felt a true full paint correction would be overkill on a brand new car that's having PPF applied.

Would have been $1k less if I opted for Suntek Ultra film instead of the Suntek Reaction I went with.

7500, includes XPEL PPF, paint correction, and ceramic coating + tax
900 for XR Ceramic Tints, includes all glass plus the roof of the FWD, minus windshield.

I should mention that I didn't see a huge difference in cost in Massachusetts, especially with XPEL. So instead of pricing, I was looking at quality and service.
I'll post pics after I pick it up next week.

Reactions: davenlei
Question - my EDD shows 12/10-12/31. When I made a call to advisor, they said they see vehicle exiting Fremont factory on 12/15. Anyone receive updates from advisor directly on factory leave date and how accurate that was? Tricky with pickup with the holidays coming up!!