Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if delivery is scheduled for this Saturday when would you sign the final fed choice loan docs so they can wire the $$ to Tesla?
Yeah I agree with above, Friday morning at the latest. My understanding is FedChoice isn’t open on the weekend and it usually takes 3-4 hours to show up received on Tesla’s end. That way you have a buffer of time if issues arise before they close for the weekend. From what I’ve seen from others in this thread, this has led to buyers having to come back on Monday once the transfer had gone through.

Once first quarter comes demand will fall. Interest rates still very high. I can see the model x selling for 74990. If demand drops way off Tesla could probably take it down close to 70k to spur demand then bring it back up
You got to remember that Tesla ain't making much money (as a percentage of their entire revenue) on the S/X. They have the S/X sharing a production line, as long as that production line can be 100% busy, that's all that they care about.

From current demand, there's current EDD in the March timeframe. If this holds true, then you won't see an price drop in early Q1. Perhaps end of Q1 based on what the EDD is looking like.

Once first quarter comes demand will fall. Interest rates still very high. I can see the model x selling for 74990. If demand drops way off Tesla could probably take it down close to 70k to spur demand then bring it back up
That's not how demand and supply work. Existing inventory and demand pipeline come into play, and Tesla seems to have a healthy pipeline of orders for the X at the moment.

I received an updated delivery window this morning for those hoping to take delivery by 12/31:

Ordered 10/11 for delivery in California (Blk/Blk, 5 seater)

EDD #1 Nov - Dec
EDD #2 Dec 8 - Feb 2
EDD #3 Dec 12 - Jan 23
EDD #4 Dec 13 - Jan 17
EDD #5 Dec 16 - January 6

It would make sense they are prioritizing California deliveries for their Q4 push so I'm optimistic I will receive my VIN this week and take delivery by 12/31.

I received an updated delivery window this morning as well:

Ordered 10/18 for delivery in Bay Area, CA (SG/Blk, 5 seater, Tax Edition)

EDD #1 Nov - Dec
EDD #2 Dec 18 - Jan 27
EDD #3 Dec 17 - Jan 26
EDD #4 Dec 14 - Jan 18
EDD #5 Dec 17 - January 7

Hopefully I see a VIN later this week or next. The window seems to be getting smaller, so that's good.

I had a 3.99% rate that was supposedly valid until 12/17 but they rescinded the approval yesterday without any contact or explanation. Status went from in process to withdrawn
i had it locked until 12/26 @3.99, and just got loan on Thursday. No issues, but had to do another credit pull to open account becuase i didnt open account within 30 days, although noone told me this. Pickup Wednesday

You got to remember that Tesla ain't making much money (as a percentage of their entire revenue) on the S/X. They have the S/X sharing a production line, as long as that production line can be 100% busy, that's all that they care about.

From current demand, there's current EDD in the March timeframe. If this holds true, then you won't see a price drop in early Q1. Perhaps end of Q1 based on what the EDD is looking like.
Don’t see March window. Jan-Feb. Demand may be falling.

Attachments

• IMG_8912.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 23