Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A flaw is a flaw if it bothers the purchaser, and doesn't work as intended. I just can't understand why they can't get their game up. The typical excuse that we are a new company is just stupid now.

I have a 2016 X that has had lots of quality issues. I’m about to order a 2024 but hoped that this stuff would have been worked out by now, especially with the refresh.

I’m thinking it’s just a consequence of the minimalistic engineering culture (“the best part is no part”) and using the minimum of materials to reach the threshold for an acceptable result. Higher quality fit and finish may require adding more weight which compromises range and cost.

Also, just being an early legacy product from their first factory when their focus now is on the newer vehicles.

Picked up the car today. I could not find any issues with gaps, paint, trim, or anything. I'm going to give it another detailed look tomorrow but so far it's perfect. And holy *sugar* it is SO MUCH better than my Y. Smoother, quieter, more room.. overall feels like an 80k car.

Also, I asked my SA about the front camera on the 2024's and he said they would be able to retrofit the 2023's with them. Not sure if BS or what but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to just mount a camera in the spot it's supposed to be in and hook it up to a connection that's potentially already there.

Picked up the car today. I could not find any issues with gaps, paint, trim, or anything. I'm going to give it another detailed look tomorrow but so far it's perfect. And holy *sugar* it is SO MUCH better than my Y. Smoother, quieter, more room.. overall feels like an 80k car.

Also, I asked my SA about the front camera on the 2024's and he said they would be able to retrofit the 2023's with them. Not sure if BS or what but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to just mount a camera in the spot it's supposed to be in and hook it up to a connection that's potentially already there.
That would be awesome if they can. But SAs seem to be all over the place.

Got my vin today and it's still a 2023 but I've been really wanting to upgrade from our MYP.

I'm just lurking, waiting for the best time to order, and upgrade from my MYP. I was tempted to get an inventory MS, but won't get the tax credit and I use my vehicle 90% for business. Wasn't it around this time year last year they were giving 2 years of free supercharging and another big discount??

I'm just lurking, waiting for the best time to order, and upgrade from my MYP. I was tempted to get an inventory MS, but won't get the tax credit and I use my vehicle 90% for business. Wasn't it around this time year last year they were giving 2 years of free supercharging and another big discount??

I don't remember Tesla giving two years of free supercharging. If they were going to do concessions for this year they would have already announced it. They might do something in Jan but I doubt it.

I picked up the car today. There was no issue, except the driver side falcon door handle is not aligned. I set up the service appointment. But I am just wondering if they may make the door worse. The service advisor said they have to remove whole falcon wing door to make it aligned. Do you think this is worth to let them fix?

The photo was not uploaded.

Attachments

• IMG_7198.jpeg
    IMG_7198.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 37
I picked up the car today. There was no issue, except the driver side falcon door handle is not aligned. I set up the service appointment. But I am just wondering if they may make the door worse. The service advisor said they have to remove whole falcon wing door to make it aligned. Do you think this is worth to let them fix?
I've heard it could make it worse but yours doesn't look too too bad.

I don't remember Tesla giving two years of free supercharging. If they were going to do concessions for this year they would have already announced it. They might do something in Jan but I doubt it.
It was earlier just this year that Tesla was giving 3 years of free supercharging for any new S and X purchases. Inventory discount, demo discount, didn't matter.
But, the price was higher at that time than it is now.

Given how poorly the S and X sells, relative to the 3 and Y, and with no new updates in the relatively near future, I have no doubt they’ll bring back more incentives like that soon in the new year some time.

I would double check if all the seals match current alignment then re-alligning it might make it worse.

square.gif

Welp, my 10/11 order for California delivery was updated today (12/17):

EDD #1 Nov - Dec
EDD #2 Dec 8 - Feb 2
EDD #3 Dec 12 - Jan 23
EDD #4 Dec 13 - Jan 17
EDD #5 Dec 16 - January 6
EDD #6 Dec 17 - January 6

I'm not sure why my EDD window starts today when I am clearly not taking delivery today or in the next couple of days for that matter. Fingers crossed it means I will get VIN any day now and take delivery quickly.