Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We even have an invitation to order a Founders CT on our app (haven't decided yet), so if I call Carlsbad (where we are picking up our tax edition X today), they should aknowledge the discount?
YES. Someone on here got them to add the credit day of delivery. They need to get Tesla back office to apply the credit (not sure if they're working today). When I called it took a few hours for credit to show but it wasn't my delivery day. I'm sure they'll prioritize you on delivery day

Wait, are you getting a 1k discount for being a CT reservation holder or because you ORDERED a Foundation??? We also have been invited to order a foundation but it doesn't mean anything until we actually ORDER.
I put in an order for a CT anbouy 6 months ago (April 2013). Currently getting no email, no invitation to get the foundation model or anything. I just reached out to Tesla via text inquiring about the 1k discount, took them a day to add an additional 1k discount to my order.

Last edited:
How does rejecting a VIN hoping the next one will be a '24 work?

I have an FSD transfer because I ordered before 9/30. And when I ordered in Sept my Plaid price was $5k lower than the current price. Also I'm getting the $1k discount for being a Cybertruck reservation holder and $500 referral credit. Would I lose any/all of those if I reject the VIN I have or would they rebuild me a new car (probably a 2024) and still keep my lower price, discounts and FSD transfer?

You get to make one vin rejection regardless of reason. Your order goes on hold for 2 weeks. The next vin usually arrives 1-2 weeks after the 2 week hold period. All pricing, credits, and discounts stay the same. I’m not sure about FSD transfers as it stipulates delivery has to be done in 2023. But there’s been a few folks saying Tesla will honor FSD transfer as long as you put in an order in 2023.

You get to make one vin rejection regardless of reason. Your order goes on hold for 2 weeks. The next vin usually arrives 1-2 weeks after the 2 week hold period. All pricing, credits, and discounts stay the same. I’m not sure about FSD transfers as it stipulates delivery has to be done in 2023. But there’s been a few folks saying Tesla will honor FSD transfer as long as you put in an order in 2023.
I'm pretty sure that the FSD transfer terms said that you had to take delivery of a matching vehicle if they have one and offer it to you. It would be one thing if they inspected it and found damage, but to reject it for no reason whatsoever would be a different story. (They ordered a 2023, so it being a 2023 isn't a valid reason.)

I'm at my delivery now and my MXP has some trim damage. They've offered to make a ticket for a replacement for next week. I can also reject the VIN. I'd rather get a 2024.

Does anyone know if you reject the VIN do they usually just offer you another inventory car or does it go back to being produced? If they have to manufacture, it will be a 2024.

Red MXP
20" wheels
Cream interior

I'm at my delivery now and my MXP has some trim damage. They've offered to make a ticket for a replacement for next week. I can also reject the VIN. I'd rather get a 2024.

Does anyone know if you reject the VIN do they usually just offer you another inventory car or does it go back to being produced? If they have to manufacture, it will be a 2024.

Red MXP
20" wheels
Cream interior

Considering how there have been zero reports of a 2024 vin so far for an X, what do you think your chances are?

Have you tried the UP sway bars for the MXP? It has been said to improve the ride quality there as well.
Yes I had the rear UP put on my MXP a few days ago and just drove long enough
to compare - I commented in the “unrefined” suspension thread. The difference is less dramatic. I also swapped the stock continentals with pirelli weather-actives and the new tires didn’t help a more fair a/b test but I’m happy with the 60 miles I did today.

For anyone in northern NJ, you’re welcome yo try the MXP with rear UP stuff bar, PM me. I’ll keep at stiff but would not consider it a must upgrade (otoh for my late 2021 made M3P I’d consider both sway bars a huge difference maker!)

successfully picked up our TAx edition SG X today. Perfect fitment, great staff experience (Carlsbad CA), and wonderful drive home. Insane mode is insane.
My son graded the FSD a B+. And i have to get used to sitting so high after being used to the S and the 3. So glad we got it for Christmas.
Super happy. And we even got our $ 1,000 discount from the CT reservation, on a Sunday Christams eve nonetheless. Like I said, Great staff at Carlsbad

Here is a pic of my MXP I got thus week. Thanks for all the advice. Loving it so far. I tried to load a Christmas light show now no light show works
IMG_4476.jpeg
but other than that I’m figuring it out

You don't follow directions well. Swipe the BOTTOM of the middle of the camera down. Swiping down the top of any screen will close it.
@towndrunk
What you're saying is EXACTLY what I DID!! With the Rear Camera on TOP and the Left &Right cameras directly below, my finger is in the middle of the lower edge of the Rear Window screen. Please see attached photos.

I then swipe down slowly until Left & Right cameras are not visible on the screen. When I lift my finger from the Touch Screen , ALL the camera images leave the screen.

Please explain how I am not following your directions well.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20231225_111416.jpg
    20231225_111416.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231225_132112.jpg
    20231225_132112.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: towndrunk
@towndrunk
What you're saying is EXACTLY what I DID!! With the Rear Camera on TOP and the Left & Right cameras directly below, my finger is in the middle of the lower edge of the Rear Window screen. Please see attached photos.

I then swipe down slowly until Left & Right cameras are not visible on the screen. When I lift my finger from the Touch Screen , ALL the camera images leave the screen.

Thank you

Sorry, that's not supposed to happen. There's something goofy going on there.

Have you tried rebooting? (Hold both steering wheel scroll buttons down until it reboots.)

If that doesn't work, then I'm out of suggestions.

@towndrunk
What you're saying is EXACTLY what I DID!! With the Rear Camera on TOP and the Left &Right cameras directly below, my finger is in the middle of the lower edge of the Rear Window screen. Please see attached photos.

Thank you
From that picture it looks like you are swiping down starting on the main rear camera view. Swipe down between the two side camera views.