Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered at Oct 22 | white, black tax edition | SoCal, Irvine

1st EDD: Nov-Dec
2nd EDD: Dec-Jan (after 7 days)
3rd EDD: Dec 12- Feb 16 (after 9 days)
4th EDD: Dec 22 - Feb 16
5th EDD: Dec 26 - Feb 6
6th EDD: Dec 21 - Jan 25
7th EDD: Dec 24- Jan 14
8th EDD: Dec 25 - Jan 15
9th EDD: Dec 26 - Jan 15
10th EDD: Dec 27 - Jan 15
11th EDD: Jan 11 - Jan 15 (today)

Delivery advisor told me that they don’t have any white X scheduled ship to SoCal until mid Jan, looks

You didn't need to cancel the order, you could have just rejected the VIN
I had the vacation hold prior to that so this will be my 2nd time...

• Helpful
Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It seems like they're constantly ghosting people. Reflecting on six years ago when I was picking up my old X, they would go above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. However, Tesla, now a big company, doesn't prioritize the same level of attention they used to provide.

I had a delivery date of Dec 24 and was planning to take my wife's new MXP home, hide it at the neighbors over night and surprise her Christmas morning. It's a red car so I got a big green bow. When I got to the SC to pick up, the app just tells me what parking spot my new car is in. I walk over alone and see a filthy SUV that clearly hasn't been washed since it left the factory. I look inside and there are serious stains on the drivers seat. I walk around and see the trim around the passenger wheel is completely discolored with white markings and the whole piece is coming off. When I asked the staff, they looked at it and immediately agreed that the trim would probably need replacing and I could schedule an appointment.

It's a really $hi**y way to receive a $100k car and certainly not what I was expecting to gift my wife Christmas morning. I ended up rejecting the VIN. Can't imagine another manufacturer delivering a new $100k car that way.

I had a delivery date of Dec 24 and was planning to take my wife's new MXP home, hide it at the neighbors over night and surprise her Christmas morning. It's a red car so I got a big green bow. When I got to the SC to pick up, the app just tells me what parking spot my new car is in. I walk over alone and see a filthy SUV that clearly hasn't been washed since it left the factory. I look inside and there are serious stains on the drivers seat. I walk around and see the trim around the passenger wheel is completely discolored with white markings and the whole piece is coming off. When I asked the staff, they looked at it and immediately agreed that the trim would probably need replacing and I could schedule an appointment.

It's a really $hi**y way to receive a $100k car and certainly not what I was expecting to gift my wife Christmas morning. I ended up rejecting the VIN. Can't imagine another manufacturer delivering a new $100k car that way.
It’s crazy how different some service centers are. I picked mine up on 12/19 and it was perfectly detailed and clean, they even asked me for more time so they could get it ready for me properly.

Had an issue with the headliner rattling and took in a week later and they did a road test with me and fixed it same day.

Seems like the larger cities have more issues with terrible service centers.

It hurts my feeling by reading what you have experienced..The way Tesla deliver their vehicles is ridiculous in US, and this is how they deliver a model Y in China:

ec0fcf0d76bc4639bf7592e4848aa119~tplv-f042mdwyw7-original_640_0.png

Not saying in US they have to be the same way, but at least keep the car clean and damage free. Nobody deserves this for a 100k car.

I took delivery yesterday, 12/27, so please indulge me while I share my experience:

My local Tesla Service Center has always been awesome in all 5+ years of dealing with them and yesterday was no exception, the only outliers having been one grumpy employee during a service visit and the misinformation my SA provided when he told me I would be able to take delivery of an MX within 3-4 weeks if I placed an order that day. (I ordered my MX on that same day, 10/11, so it ended up taking 11 weeks for delivery vs 3-4 weeks he mentioned.) Regardless, I take that misinformation with a grain of salt as I much prefer that over haggling with old school sales people who are trained to purposely misguide you in order to line their pockets. Negotiating with sales people always sucked the joy out of what should otherwise be a joyful experience.

Heading into my delivery I was a bit concerned about build quality. I attribute that concern from reading complaints online but also from having developed a keen eye whenever I saw an MX in the wild after I placed my order. I'd casually observe other MX's at super charger stations and I would occasionally see issues in other MX's that would certainly bother me. In addition, the year end push to deliver vehicles had me concerned, I was of the mindset that quality might be sacrificed to meet delivery quotas. Moreover, I was prepared to reject the car as I didn't want to spend $90k if there were issues that would bother me for years to come.

Upon walking up to my MX I knew the handles were the first place I'd look and both sides were perfectly aligned. Phew! I excitedly walked around the car quickly to look for glaringly obvious issues and nothing jumped out. From there I spent about 45 minutes going over the checklist with my wife. My delivery advisor was very accommodating, he told me to take as much time as I needed. There was no problem inspecting the interior as well having read online about some service centers not allowing people to get inside the car before accepting delivery had me concerned but was no issue at all for me.

Overall, the build quality is nearly flawless. The only issues I discovered were some bulging of material at the seams behind the rear seats, a slight bulge along the bottom of the rear right door seal, and a tail light that sticks out about 1.5mm in one spot. I seriously went over my MX with a fine tooth comb and this is all I could find.

My timeline:

Ordered 10/11 for delivery in California (Blk/Blk, 5 seater)
EDD #1: Nov - Dec
EDD #2: Dec 8 - Feb 2
EDD #3: Dec 12 - Jan 23
EDD #4: Dec 13 - Jan 17
EDD #5: Dec 16 - January 6
EDD #6: Dec 17 - January 6
EDD #7, 8, 9: The window pushed out each day 12/18, 12/19, 12,20
EDD #10 on 12/21: Dec 23 - Jan 13 (At this point I had given up hope and started looking at X5 50e's in stock in my area.)
VIN Assigned: night of 12/21
Scheduled delivery for 12/27. It was available for delivery on the afternoon of 12/24 and on 12/26 but those times didn't work for me.

And now I will move on to obsessing over my Cybertruck reservation!

It is wild to hear the terrible experiences people are having with their sales advisors and delivery centers. My Sales advisor would respond to me even on days he was off work (he would let me know it was his off day probably so I won't keep peppering him with questions that day) and when we went to pick up (In Irvine) the people there were very pleasant and the car was clean, detailed and had the bow and name tag on it. I was allowed to take as much time to inspect it and look at it inside and out. I then was able to have a delivery advisor come to the car so I can point out all the issues or concerns I have and they either corrected it there or gave me options for the things they could not address there. Before we left, we had another person come and ask if I had any questions or wanted a full walkthrough of the cars features and capabilities. I politely declined and let him know I obsessively researched and read/watched everything I could about the car to help pass the 60 day wait I had between order and delivery. He laughed and told me to enjoy my car.

I wonder how many of us are waiting until the 31st to get the $1000 off and a hope at 2024 model year, lower prices (more seats/options under $80K), front bumper camera, RGB ambient lighting, etc?
My sales guy told me he is 99% sure the front bumper camera and RGB ambient lights won’t be on the S and X until 2025 earliest. It will be on 3 first then Y. Like China and Europe.

Sorry this happened to you. My delivery experience was similar to others where the car was detailed and just perfect. It is definitely the SC fault, I would try to get it delivered to somewhere else, or at least talk to the manager there

My sales guy told me he is 99% sure the front bumper camera and RGB ambient lights won’t be on the S and X until 2025 earliest. It will be on 3 first then Y. Like China and Europe.
Sales guys generally don't know anything. But I do tend to agree we're probably not seeing these features in the immediate future. I wouldn't be surprised if they show up later this year.

Big question IMO is will Tesla take the opportunity to do a light refresh. First model S refresh (nose cone delete + AP2) came out ~4 years after introduction, Raven came out about 3 years after that. So we're probably due for a minor refresh to Palladium soon if history repeats itself.

Sales guys generally don't know anything. But I do tend to agree we're probably not seeing these features in the immediate future. I wouldn't be surprised if they show up later this year.

Big question IMO is will Tesla take the opportunity to do a light refresh. First model S refresh (nose cone delete + AP2) came out ~4 years after introduction, Raven came out about 3 years after that. So we're probably due for a minor refresh to Palladium soon if history repeats itself.
This tbh is why I'm worried too. I got my current MX in April 2017 and then they introduced the heated steering wheel option and also the 2.5 Cameras iirc. Had to wait till Jan 22 to upgrade the cameras before finally getting FSD :rolleyes: For those of MX owners both who just received and are waiting the worst scenario would be they add back the USS to fix the auto presenting doors.

When I spoke to an advisor about front bumper camera he asked me where I saw it so I sent him the screenshot of the car from tesla website he went silent after that. 🤷‍♂️ May be he went to tell the backend guys to revert the image assets to old ones 😂

1703802096443.png

Has anyone figured out if Tesla is offering the point of sale tax credit starting in January, or if it will have to wait until we file taxes in 2025 to claim? So far I haven't gotten a conclusive answer and it seems like no one knows either way as of right now.

Has anyone figured out if Tesla is offering the point of sale tax credit starting in January, or if it will have to wait until we file taxes in 2025 to claim? So far I haven't gotten a conclusive answer and it seems like no one knows either way as of right now.
Per the IRS website, buyers can choose either apply the tax credit to the purchase price or file the tax return to apply the EV tax credit. However, my SA insisted that Tesla won’t know until later next year whether Tesla can offer POS price reduction or the buyer should file the tax return.

My assumption is that Tesla wants to deliver as many as possible before the year end, but change the word after 12/31/23. If they simply tells the buyer that they can apply POS (point of sale) price reduction, I think many will either cancel or hold their reservation to take $7,500 right of the bat and get the 2024 year MX.

We were assigned a VIN at 4:30 pm this afternoon (12/28). PF430xxx so still a 2023. OD 10/22. New EDD is January 4 - January 13 So, If I reject the VIN will my FUSC transfer still be effective for the next (hopefully 2024) VIN? Has anyone done it and knows, for sure? If I can't, I'll cancel and keep my current MX. It's annoying to be buying a 2023 MX in 2024.

We were assigned a VIN at 4:30 pm this afternoon (12/28). PF430xxx so still a 2023. OD 10/22. New EDD is January 4 - January 13 So, If I reject the VIN will my FUSC transfer still be effective for the next (hopefully 2024) VIN? Has anyone done it and knows, for sure? If I can't, I'll cancel and keep my current MX. It's annoying to be buying a 2023 MX in 2024.
Probably not, I think the new rules states if you are offered you need to accept for them to honor the FUSC transfer after the new year.

My understanding is that if you reject the VIN you keep any transfers or discounts for whatever the next car they match you with.

A note: after rejecting your VIN, put your account on hold otherwise they'll rematch you with your own VIN.

I took delivery last Sunday and the car was in bad shape, I rejected the VIN. An hour later I was notified I have a VIN again and given an option to schedule delivery on Tuesday. I called Tesla because I was suspicious and the rep confirmed it was my old VIN. He said the system automatically matches you to any available inventory car in your region that matches your specs and that was the only one that did so. He suggested I put my account on hold and as long as I took the hold off by the end of the week, I'd keep my discounts and would be matched with next available build if my previous VIN sold. If it didn't sell I'd probably match with it again. I did that and my previous VIN sold right away so Sunday I'll take the hold off. If another 2023 shows up in inventory that matches my specs I'll have to take it but hopefully the next match will be 2024