Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am able to “update”—but if I do it’s at the new price!!! I am not doing it. Will go to Sales Center to sort this out. I have an order with an $89,990 MXP price.
But if you don’t do anything they may cancel your order on Jan 10. I’m betting it’s a bug. Probably will get fixed as you’re not alone but call your SA/SC and ask to sort internally. Make a copy of original order agreement. Don’t let this expire. Probably better to change and accept than do nothing.

Reactions: 0Q991
Again, context. I believe EVs cost more to insure than ICE counterparts. I was making the comparison between ICE and EV, and how Tesla makes it a huge deal on their website in terms of 'gas savings' but then forgets to mention how much more it costs to insure an EV over another ICE vehicle of the same price, which negates gas savings in the first place, at least in my experience.

I have yet to see anyone say their EV costs less or equal to a comparable ICE vehicle to insure (with the exception of that 15 year old BMW, but that just sounds wrong in general.)

It's also extremely hard to find a population of people who own multiple new cars of around the same price and compare prices on their insurance premiums as well, but this is my experience, and I'm trying to let people be aware that going Tesla may not necessarily save you money for those wanting to know that answer.
Mercedes GLC was 500ish for 6 months, MXP that replaced it is 660 and would be slightly less if I didn't elect for new vehicle replacement coverage. Full coverage with $500 deductible. MYP is 550

How has yours not been delivered yet if you still have that price? You must have ordered in October??
Had a hold put on around Xmas. Took off the hold yesterday and eagerly waiting for our VIN to get assigned but got the email to update configuration instead. Went in to update but can’t bring myself to hit the button cus I’m feeling salty about the $5k more for “less range” than our original order.

I just got the same message in my app about my configuration not being available. Thing is, I ordered back on 10/31, when the EDD was in Dec. Thus allowing me to do the FUSC transfer from my current car. If I place a new order, will I still get that?!

The last couple of days, it was there, and added to the price if I chose Plaid. This raised the plaid price by $6,500.

Now it's gone when I choose Plaid and only there if I choose the base model X, which I suspect is where it's supposed to be. The Plaid price is back to where it was.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanC1384