Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m almost indifferent between taking the incentive immediately this year or next. The slight difference has to do with the additional paperwork to get it next year.
And of course you can simply adjust your withholdings for the year or quarterly estimates to make up for it doing the year or real quick - stop withholding all together for the first $7500.

Reactions: csrpenfab
I went in today to do a test drive on an X. Local store said that if I ordered it today it would be here in 2-3 weeks And that there is no change on x for 23/24 model years. Getting it that quick sounds like id be getting the last of the 23’s instead of a 24. Of course no change on pos rebate so i can wait.
Tesla website says Feb-March if you place an order. A Tesla Sales person doesn't have access to any more information other than that. Back in October I was told by someone in the showroom that it's a 2-3 weeks wait. Ended up getting my vin in the end of December.

Tesla sales people don't know more than what you know, but they sound quite confident when they were asked about something. That's what I concluded from the past 3 years..

Last edited:
Tesla website says Feb-March if you place an order. A Tesla Sales person doesn't have access to any more information other than that. Back in October I was told by someone in the showroom that it's a 2-3 weeks wait. Ended up getting my vin in the end of December.

Tesla sales people don't know more than what you know, but they sound quite confident when they were asked about something. That's what I concluded from the past 3 years..
as they teach in sales... if you lie, lie with confidence. how sell a pen... oh wait this is one of the best selling EV.. much much easy! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Masakakyo
Question for everyone. I got assigned a VIN on 12/29. Scheduled delivery for 12/31 but then they said the car wasn't going to be here in time so r/s for 1/6. Then on 1/5 they called me and said that they found a paint chip and a 4inch scratch on the car and I could either pick it up and have it fixed later or have it repaired before pickup. I opted to wait. They said I could pick it up on 1/13 (this Saturday). I just got a call now saying they found an issue with the hood and will now be ready on 1/16.

I feel like this is a lot of issues for a brand new car.

Should I just reject the VIN? Is this normal?

Question for everyone. I got assigned a VIN on 12/29. Scheduled delivery for 12/31 but then they said the car wasn't going to be here in time so r/s for 1/6. Then on 1/5 they called me and said that they found a paint chip and a 4inch scratch on the car and I could either pick it up and have it fixed later or have it repaired before pickup. I opted to wait. They said I could pick it up on 1/13 (this Saturday). I just got a call now saying they found an issue with the hood and will now be ready on 1/16.

I think you’re within your right to reject it. It simply means if you won’t accept the next one, your order will be cancelled, a $250 impact.

Sounds to me like you have a SC that actually cares if you get a good one. I'd inspect it closely before rejecting it. Show good faith that you tried.

That's assuming you don't live 200 miles away like I do. ;)

Reactions: Solidred

Reject. And if your next VIN has issues and they try to take away your 250, do a chargeback. Tesla needs to learn to do QC (at the factory, not afterwards). A paint chip and a deep scratch will not disappear unless you repaint and blend an entire panel, why have this done to a new car. Unless desperate to have car, simply pass on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0996.png
    IMG_0996.png
    759.7 KB · Views: 24
According to the tesla update email. My order will cancel if i don't update it by the 10th and get $250 back. I purposely don't update my order, and wanna get my refund. Planning to order at a later date once I see some new features comes with 2024. However, it's the 11th now and my order is still there. No refund or anything. My order was on hold since 12/31. So I will just wait it out...

• Informative
Reactions: lonnielevi