Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The uncertain is msrp for non SG is above 80k so it won't qualify for tax credit, just like you get an inventory over 80k discount to less than 80k also not qualify. Will it base on the order date msrp?
Good thinking. I am quite sure that it is related to the order date MSRP and I will be getting the car under 80k and MSRP was under 80K. Else I will change color for sure.

The uncertain is msrp for non SG is above 80k so it won't qualify for tax credit, just like you get an inventory over 80k discount to less than 80k also not qualify. Will it base on the order date msrp?
Your order (modified order) clearly shows MSRP to be under $80K if that is what you configured. Then, you’re clearly within the tax credit limit and should be fine regardless of when you actually take delivery in 2024.

Your order (modified order) clearly shows MSRP to be under $80K if that is what you configured. Then, you’re clearly within the tax credit limit and should be fine regardless of when you actually take delivery in 2024.

I actually disagree. I ordered a MXP when the price was $90k. Tesla since raised the price to $95k. Tesla still charged me the lower price but the monroney shows the new higher price. Effectively the MSRP has changed and Tesla is just giving you a discount.

I'm guessing if your car was manufactured prior to the color price change and monroney printed, you're fine. If it hasn't been printed yet, then you may have an issue.

Reactions: maxdrive10
I actually disagree. I ordered a MXP when the price was $90k. Tesla since raised the price to $95k. Tesla still charged me the lower price but the monroney shows the new higher price. Effectively the MSRP has changed and Tesla is just giving you a discount.

I'm guessing if your car was manufactured prior to the color price change and monroney printed, you're fine. If it hasn't been printed yet, then you may have an issue.
I think you would go by the order agreement price for the MSRP. And by that I mean the price it says for subtotal. And I am sure if you read thru all that verbiage and would say such.

Reactions: TespaceX
Did anyone here get a $90k plaid and then when the $95k plaid came out, reject their first VIN and get to keep their $90k price or when you rejected the first VIN, did they raise price to $95?

Yes. I ordered MXP end of September to lock in the FSD transfer while hoping to get a 2024 by ordering so late. I got a 2023 delivered Dec 24 (The monroney for that one already showed the higher price for MXP). I rejected the VIN, put my account on hold until 12/30/23 hoping again I would get a 2024. Within a few hours of releasing my hold I was matched with a new VIN that was just going into production and was then delivered last Sunday 1/14/24. I got to keep my original price, my FSD transfer, my $500 self-referral credit and $1k Cybertruck credit (that last one kept falling off each time there was a change but a quick email always brought it back).

Reactions: LadyMX and 0Q991
Yes. I ordered MXP end of September to lock in the FSD transfer while hoping to get a 2024 by ordering so late. I got a 2023 delivered Dec 24 (The monroney for that one already showed the higher price for MXP). I rejected the VIN, put my account on hold until 12/30/23 hoping again I would get a 2024. Within a few hours of releasing my hold I was matched with a new VIN that was just going into production and was then delivered last Sunday 1/14/24. I got to keep my original price, my FSD transfer, my $500 self-referral credit and $1k Cybertruck credit (that last one kept falling off each time there was a change but a quick email always brought it back).
And that second one was a 2024 VIN?

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Wow...was it a 2024 VIN?

Same for me.. I had ultra red thankfully $2,500. I have a feeling that they may reduce the price of X to 75k so that they people can choose interior stuff (3rd row, interior color, exterior color etc.)

If the 2024 models are going to drop it’ll be a couple more months. There’s no reason to increase the prices now so they can drop the price in two weeks. In fact, history usually shows the opposite for Tesla. They usually drop the prices, then realize it was too low, then increase it slightly for at least a couple of months, like in Model Y back in January 2023 and as well as Model X Plaid in October 2023 when they increased it by $5k.

Remember inflation is still a thing and that to lower prices, Tesla needs to decrease production costs more than inflation. Generally, prices for cars tend to INCREASE year after year, even if there were no changes to model years. Also, Tesla just decided to increase wages for all their employees on the assembly line due to the recent UAW strike.

Also, the prediction of federal interest rates decreasing later in 2024 will not help Tesla in lowering prices as well given that alone will spur more demand.

My thinking is that Tesla will eventually decrease prices only if they feel that Model X isn’t selling well at all, and that competitors are able to sell their comparable EVs at lower prices than Tesla, which they haven’t been able to do thus far.

Model X always has been a niche product for Tesla. They would rather sell many more Model 3’s and Y’s which is their sweet spot than to sell Model X’s which have been plagued with issues and costs a lot more to warranty repair.

I think you would go by the order agreement price for the MSRP. And by that I mean the price it says for subtotal. And I am sure if you read thru all that verbiage and would say such.

MSRP at time of delivery... ❓

1000016714.jpg