Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
because the X has power doors and with a single tap i can close everything without searching for my phone.
Ah. I guess your use case is different than mine. I usually don't have much open other than driver door and maybe the hatch. I thought there was a setting that will auto close doors and windows when you walk away? At least that is what my X does from what I recall. But that does require you to have your phone on you (which I always do because of kids, job and my business).

Ah. I guess your use case is different than mine. I usually don't have much open other than driver door and maybe the hatch. I thought there was a setting that will auto close doors and windows when you walk away? At least that is what my X does from what I recall. But that does require you to have your phone on you (which I always do because of kids, job and my business).
it will close driver door only. it would be nice to close all/lock on walk-away. maybe an option on the screen/setting. it's something that could be software only fix.

I have a siri shortcut that will close all doors, trunk, close windows on command, but that's searching for my phone/ talking to it.

it will close driver door only. it would be nice to close all/lock on walk-away. maybe an option on the screen/setting. it's something that could be software only fix.

I have a siri shortcut that will close all doors, trunk, close windows on command, but that's searching for my phone/ talking to it.
Ah, I did not know it won't close all doors. Hmmm.. Seems like an easy software enhancement to me unless there are some safety concerns with having everything close automatically without direct interaction such as you have a small kid or dog trying to get out of the passenger door as you are walking in the house with a bag of groceries and the auto close traps them mid-way out the door.

Ah, I did not know it won't close all doors. Hmmm.. Seems like an easy software enhancement to me unless there are some safety concerns with having everything close automatically without direct interaction such as you have a small kid or dog trying to get out of the passenger door as you are walking in the house with a bag of groceries and the auto close traps them mid-way out the door.
I’m sure you can add that Shortcut to the programmable side button on the new iPhones.

My X is still rattle free after almost 700 miles, is it supposed to get worse with time or did I get lucky?
2,000 miles. Passenger side sun visor rattles at the magnetic latch. I can usually get it to stop by unlatching and re-latching. I don’t think I’ve ever been this hyper-attentive to rattles in my life 😂

That being said, I do have an appointment with the SC. Driver side FWD won’t open half the time. Tried several system resets, recalibrations. Nothing. Passenger side works like a champ. Not sure if it’s a misaligned door or bad sensor but we’ll see what Tesla says.

Last edited:
I need your help making a decision.

To sum it up, I "picked up" my new car on Jan 13th and noticed some small issues, including a paint problem on the inside of the door. They gave me two options: either reschedule for them to fix everything or take the car now and schedule a service later. Both options involve going to the body shop for the paint issue. I chose to have them fix the car first and then pick it up because I believe they'll take better care of it before selling.

Today, the car is back to the service center and it's ready for me to pick up this Sat, they offered a $4859 price adjustment on the total down payment. The reason for this discount is that the car had damage and went through a third party for repairs. I'm happy about the discount, but I realized they removed my Free Unlimited Supercharging Transfer (FUSC). When I asked, they said FUSC can't overlap with the price adjustment, which I confirmed in the FAQs.

I tried talking to them to get both benefits (lol), but they insisted I could only choose one. Do you think this is legitimate?

My question is, if I can only choose one, which one should I go with? I plan to own the car for 6 years or within 65k miles, and I have 3 supercharging stations nearby. I usually use supercharging once a week and never paid for it before due to FUSC on my old car. Can you provide some advice and share your thoughts? Thank you in advance.

To sum it up, I "picked up" my new car on Jan 13th and noticed some small issues, including a paint problem on the inside of the door. They gave me two options: either reschedule for them to fix everything or take the car now and schedule a service later. Both options involve going to the body shop for the paint issue. I chose to have them fix the car first and then pick it up because I believe they'll take better care of it before selling.

Today, the car is back to the service center and it's ready for me to pick up this Sat, they offered a $4859 price adjustment on the total down payment. The reason for this discount is that the car had damage and went through a third party for repairs. I'm happy about the discount, but I realized they removed my Free Unlimited Supercharging Transfer (FUSC). When I asked, they said FUSC can't overlap with the price adjustment, which I confirmed in the FAQs.

I tried talking to them to get both benefits (lol), but they insisted I could only choose one. Do you think this is legitimate?

My question is, if I can only choose one, which one should I go with? I plan to own the car for 6 years or within 65k miles, and I have 3 supercharging stations nearby. I usually use supercharging once a week and never paid for it before due to FUSC on my old car. Can you provide some advice and share your thoughts? Thank you in advance.
Wow that’s similar to my issue. Was supposed to pick up 1/6 then they called me on 1/5 and said i have the option to pick up and service later or do it all before pickup. I decided to wait and I pushed to 1/13. On 1/12 they called again saying they needed to replace the hood and delayed a few days again. I delayed it to 1/20 but in the interim I just let them know I wanted to reject vin given delays and issues.

Dang, sounds like a lot of crappy X’s being delivered.

Not good.
I don’t know why they offer my $4895 off. It’s honestly a very small paint issue. Like 1.5-2 inches

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpeg
    IMG_0676.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 30

Are you getting a 24 or 23 model? They are discounting 23 models anyway.

SC cost about $12-$20 per fill up, times that by 4 then by 12 then by 6 you get about $5700 so its a wash wither way.
Depends on where you live.

80kWh at a Tesla SC near me will cost you $30.

$30 x 52 = $1,560.

$1,560 x 6 = $9,360.

Personally, I can easily utilize much, much more than that amount in free charging just from shuttling the kids to school 5x/week and activities 7x/week.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24