Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few more at Houston Cypress. The ultra red is truly amazing, shifts in the sun from dark to light, especially nice against the black handles and trim, I'll order Texas black plates to compliment. Geo location home link is masterful, acceleration even on LR is eye popping, sound system is poppin if that is a word. This thing is a truly amazing machine!!!

Attachments

• PXL_20240130_193722831.jpg
    PXL_20240130_193722831.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20240130_193336952.jpg
    PXL_20240130_193336952.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240130_193218605.jpg
    PXL_20240130_193218605.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20240130_193211739.jpg
    PXL_20240130_193211739.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 16
This isn’t even true - it’s the same car, they just lowered the EPA and raised their price after I had already booked and locked my price.
Not the same car. 2024 Model Year instead of 2023. Has a mechanical center horn, and who knows what other changes.

They can't sell you a 2024 unless you accept the changes as it doesn't meet the specs you agreed to when you ordered.

If they made a new 2023 for you, that matched the specs you ordered, no center horn, etc., would you accept it, or reject it because you want a 2024?

Reactions: Prodock
Not the same car. 2024 Model Year instead of 2023. Has a mechanical center horn, and who knows what other changes.

They can't sell you a 2024 unless you accept the changes as it doesn't meet the specs you agreed to when you ordered.

If they made a new 2023 for you, that matched the specs you ordered, no center horn, etc., would you accept it, or reject it because you want a 2024?
No.

But paying thousands of dollars more, for less miles, and a mechanical horn does seem strange. Especially after agreeing to the same car and having an order.

This isn’t even true - it’s the same car, they just lowered the EPA and raised their price after I had already booked and locked my price.
View attachment 1014197

You got the notice to reconfigure at least a week before the price went up. If you'd accepted the changed prior to the evening of the 16th, you would have kept the same price.

Reactions: towndrunk
Ordered on 1/9
Black/black tax edition
Location SoCal

EDD was Feb 7~Mar 16
Recevied the schedule delivery notice today (Jan 31)

Had to put a hold on the order because the co-signer(wife) is out of state.

Wonder how it gets delivered this fast (<3 weeks), a reject?
Lucky lol. I ordered the same config on 12/25, and my EDD is stuck on March 2 - April 13th. Stopped at the SC here in Nashville and they said they show March 3rd, so who the knows lol.

In 60 years of driving, no emergency, and no horn is going to add value. Horn button argument is stupid lol.
Funny you said that.
Nobody argued with you on which is better, 23 and 24 steering wheel both have their pros and cons. You started it yourself.
The mechanical horn is stupid, unless you spend your life honking at something. So far, the camera button that replaced it is also useless as going into reverse brings up the same view. A front cam for parking would be awesome lol.
You think it's useless because you are an elite driver who hasn't encountered an emergency situation, sure, good for you. But you can only represent yourself. Nothing is "stupid" considering there are tons of others who think it's a plus.

It actually surprised me as you speak like some random guy who trolls on Reddit, and you are what, a 80-year old grown-up?

Last edited:
Reactions: novajoe83
Funny you said that.
Nobody argued with you on which is better, 23 and 24 steering wheel both have their pros and cons. You started it yourself.

You think it's useless because you are an elite driver who hasn't encountered an emergency situation, sure, good for you. But you can only represent yourself. Nothing is "stupid" considering there are tons of others who think it's a plus.

It actually surprised me as you speak like some random guy who trolls on Reddit, and you are what, a 80-year old grown-up?
Here here. These trolls that say “ive never used a mechanical horn in X years of driving” are so tired. Its like you mean to tell me youve NEVER had to alert someone to your presence? Youve never had someone start to merge i to you with nowhere for you to go? Youve never been stopped in a parking lot and had an old lady start to back into you? They must be either a very inexperienced driver or so aloof as to not notice what others are doing. Theres a reason its been a requirement on all vehicles for over 100 years. Not having a mechanical horn was a major pain point on my 22 MXLR.

you mean to tell me youve NEVER had to alert someone to your presence? Youve never had someone start to merge i to you with nowhere for you to go? Youve never been stopped in a parking lot and had an old lady start to back into you?
Sorry, I'm side-eye on anyone's driving competence who's never used a horn. A horn is an important communication tool to make other drivers aware of your presence when necessary. You have more responsibility to your fellow driver than to try not to annoy them. You have a responsibility for their safety as well as yours, even if they are annoyed by your honk.

Reactions: jgilbs85