Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, just wanted to give updates as well:

Upgrading from a 2014 Model S85 (AP 1.0). Finally decided to upgrade with the ability to transfer my free lifetime unlimited supercharging (miraculously, no issues with my car yet with about 80k miles).

Placed order for the X (Sub 80k tax credit one) on February 4th. App just updated to reflect estimated delivery date between March 5 - April 9. Picking up in Colma, CA. Hoping they will deliver it before March 31 since a major reason to finally upgrade was the transfer ability!

Reactions: F123456
Hey folks, just wanted to give updates as well:

Upgrading from a 2014 Model S85 (AP 1.0). Finally decided to upgrade with the ability to transfer my free lifetime unlimited supercharging (miraculously, no issues with my car yet with about 80k miles).

Placed order for the X (Sub 80k tax credit one) on February 4th. App just updated to reflect estimated delivery date between March 5 - April 9. Picking up in Colma, CA. Hoping they will deliver it before March 31 since a major reason to finally upgrade was the transfer ability!
Your transfer is safe…even if delivery comes after the end of March.

Just to close the loop on this in case anyone else was also wondering. Tesla got back to me with my question.

They're able to transfer FSD without needing a brand new order being placed. Which is good. But my 2019 Model 3 would revert back to standard configuration, meaning I would lose all autopilot and only have TACC (traffic aware cruise control) so no lane keeping. This is because in 2019 when I bought the car basic autopilot was not standard.
I planning to repurchase atleast EAP for my old MX as I plan to keep it for atleast next couple of years I’m wondering if they would allow me to transfer that to a new car if and when I buy again. 😂 they should seriously start allowing transfer of FSD across cars that will lead to better adoption of FSD in the first place 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
I planning to repurchase atleast EAP for my old MX as I plan to keep it for atleast next couple of years I’m wondering if they would allow me to transfer that to a new car if and when I buy again. 😂 they should seriously start allowing transfer of FSD across cars that will lead to better adoption of FSD in the first place 🤷‍♂️
I'm actually wondering if I'd be able to just buy back basic autopilot for my Model 3 (what comes standard now). On the site it only specifies EAP and FSD as upgrades since cars have basic autopilot standard. I'll find out on Saturday when I take delivery

And yes, completely agree with your assessment on FSD adoption. They should just allow transferring across cars. I do think more people would be convinced to buy it and also greater likelihood to stay with tesla for future cars

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
I'm actually wondering if I'd be able to just buy back basic autopilot for my Model 3 (what comes standard now). On the site it only specifies EAP and FSD as upgrades since cars have basic autopilot standard. I'll find out on Saturday when I take delivery

And yes, completely agree with your assessment on FSD adoption. They should just allow transferring across cars. I do think more people would be convinced to buy it and also greater likelihood to stay with tesla for future cars
I agree with your second paragraph. I have no interest in purchasing FSD until it is 1) Almost fully autonomous (maybe requiring 1 intervention in a 15 minute city drive) and 2) Is something you have a choice to leave with the car when selling or is always able to transfer for free to your new car when purchasing or a different Tesla car you own for a nominal $100 fee at any time.

What do you consider an "intervention"?
I consider an intervention where you have to directly take over the vehicles activity such as needing to speed up when it should have, braking when it should have, taking control of steering when there is a potential danger or the car goes into analysis paralysis and starts twitching the steering wheel and/or the speed trying to figure out what to do.

I live in an area with rolling hills and sweeper curves and some roads have lanes which merge or expand from one to two lanes and I have to take some action every couple of miles unfortunately (the engineers must be tired of hearing my voice recordings explaining the situation which required the intervention).

Don't get me wrong, this recent version of FSD is MUCH MUCH better than the previous version. Before the update, FSD was basically useless around where I live. Now I only have to intervene every few miles.

When I drive on the freeway or in cities with grid like roads, FSD works very well and I don't have to intervene for the most part.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
I consider an intervention where you have to directly take over the vehicles activity such as needing to speed up when it should have, braking when it should have, taking control of steering when there is a potential danger or the car goes into analysis paralysis and starts twitching the steering wheel and/or the speed trying to figure out what to do.

I live in an area with rolling hills and sweeper curves and some roads have lanes which merge or expand from one to two lanes and I have to take some action every couple of miles unfortunately (the engineers must be tired of hearing my voice recordings explaining the situation which required the intervention).

Don't get me wrong, this recent version of FSD is MUCH MUCH better than the previous version. Before the update, FSD was basically useless around where I live. Now I only have to intervene every few miles.

When I drive on the freeway or in cities with grid like roads, FSD works very well and I don't have to intervene for the most part.
For me, from my home to freeway about couple of miles away I’ve to do multiple such interventions. Few me being pedantic of how it drives and few due to surrounding. We have markers that show different speed limits depending on number of axels and it confuses the *sugar* out of FSD. I’ve tried reporting this many times but I guess they haven’t included such signposts in their training yet. If speed limit is 35 and it slows down to 25 thinking the limit is for 2axel I don’t want some nutcase bumping into me or honking me for going slow. But otherwise latest releases do seem more human like driving. Looking forward to v12. I’ve always held FSD as augmentation than take over completely so I can go back to watching reels on phone or reading newspaper. But to each it’s own use of FSD I guess and what it means 😅

I'll sell you my 2018 100D with FSD for $4k and then you can transfer to your new car. Then both of your cars will have FSD.

I’m scheduled for delivery tomorrow at 3p. Yesterday, I snuck over to Tesla Boise to see if I could find my X for a cursory “pre detail” inspection. I found her at the chargers and she looks damn good. Still dirty from transport, bit I couldn’t find any issues with paint or gaps. We will see how it looks tomorrow at pickup when she’s inside the delivery warehouse with better lighting.

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1933.jpeg

@davenlei & @MP3Mike

What version of FSD BETA are you on?