Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m scheduled for delivery tomorrow at 3p. Yesterday, I snuck over to Tesla Boise to see if I could find my X for a cursory “pre detail” inspection. I found her at the chargers and she looks damn good. Still dirty from transport, bit I couldn’t find any issues with paint or gaps. We will see how it looks tomorrow at pickup when she’s inside the delivery warehouse with better lighting.

View attachment 1018537

View attachment 1018538

View attachment 1018539
Lol ultra red never gets old. Congrats!

Reactions: csrpenfab
I’m scheduled for delivery tomorrow at 3p. Yesterday, I snuck over to Tesla Boise to see if I could find my X for a cursory “pre detail” inspection. I found her at the chargers and she looks damn good. Still dirty from transport, bit I couldn’t find any issues with paint or gaps. We will see how it looks tomorrow at pickup when she’s inside the delivery warehouse with better lighting.

View attachment 1018537

View attachment 1018538

View attachment 1018539
From the pics, it seems very well built without any apparent misalignments or gaps. Congrats!

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
I need your help. This morning, the app notified me that my configuration is no longer available and prompted me to update my order. I placed the order on October 23, 2023, and white paint was included in the configuration at that time. I remember confirming the order details last month when they updated the EPA. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Any suggestions? The delivery advisor informed me that I must accept the new free paint or the price increase. Is the the case?

Starting to get a little annoyed with Tesla and the delivery service.

First I ask them about transferring FSD from my Model 3 to the new X (without selling/trading in the Model 3). They eventually get back to me saying I can but would need to let them know ASAP since it has to be determined prior to delivery. I tell them I'd like to do the transfer and have gotten the run around for 3 days now. Finally they reply saying I should have submitted the FSD transfer agreement. I ask how to get that because I don't have it. Then they ask if I've been forwarded a form via email to fill out to which I have to reiterate that no, I have not received anything. Haven't heard back since that.

But that's not the only thing, since I'm taking delivery on Sat, my bank said that they can do the wire transfer but Tesla won't receive the money in their account till the next business day. Tesla said they have to receive the money and won't release the car otherwise. So I go to my bank to get a cashier's check. I look at the amount due in the app (which Tesla Rep reiterated is the amount I have to pay exactly) and it says $82,231. I get the cashiers check and I'm ready to go. Then I look at the app today and it says $82252. Text Tesla and they say I have to get a new cashiers check since they won't accept credit card for the $20 difference.

I'm gonna be really pissed off if the price in the app changes again in the next day after I get another cashier's check. Wish me luck on delivery, I think I'm going to need it.

First I ask them about transferring FSD from my Model 3 to the new X (without selling/trading in the Model 3). They eventually get back to me saying I can but would need to let them know ASAP since it has to be determined prior to delivery. I tell them I'd like to do the transfer and have gotten the run around for 3 days now. Finally they reply saying I should have submitted the FSD transfer agreement. I ask how to get that because I don't have it. Then they ask if I've been forwarded a form via email to fill out to which I have to reiterate that no, I have not received anything. Haven't heard back since that.

But that's not the only thing, since I'm taking delivery on Sat, my bank said that they can do the wire transfer but Tesla won't receive the money in their account till the next business day. Tesla said they have to receive the money and won't release the car otherwise. So I go to my bank to get a cashier's check. I look at the amount due in the app (which Tesla Rep reiterated is the amount I have to pay exactly) and it says $82,231. I get the cashiers check and I'm ready to go. Then I look at the app today and it says $82252. Text Tesla and they say I have to get a new cashiers check since they won't accept credit card for the $20 difference.

I'm gonna be really pissed off if the price in the app changes again in the next day after I get another cashier's check. Wish me luck on delivery, I think I'm going to need it.

I had the same thing… was off $5… wrote a personal check and drove off…

The form to transfer FSD was something I was asked to do as well. It’s very similar to the FUSC form if you have agreed to transfer it as well. You simply esign it and send it back to them. It won’t show up anywhere in the app.

2024 VIN Assigned 2/8
EDD 2/14-23

Delivery Date Scheduled on 2/14 for 2/20
Black MXP, 20" wheels
Chicago

Drove by the SC yesterday, and saw a Black MXP in their "delivery bay" (the one with red carpet and velvet ropes - didnt even know that was a thing). Given how rare Plaids are around here (I've seen literally 3 in 2 years), I'm wondering if thats mine

• Love
Reactions: towndrunk
2024 VIN Assigned 2/8
EDD 2/14-23

Delivery Date Scheduled on 2/14 for 2/20
Black MXP, 20" wheels
Chicago

Drove by the SC yesterday, and saw a Black MXP in their "delivery bay" (the one with red carpet and velvet ropes - didnt even know that was a thing). Given how rare Plaids are around here (I've seen literally 3 in 2 years), I'm wondering if thats mine

That would be awesome!

My '22 PY delivery (Minneapolis area, during covid) was in a parking lot. Only saw people when my key cards didn't work. This year shouldn't be any better. This copied from my Tesla Advisor:

"When you arrive you will come inside the building to sign documents and get your app set up. With the app you will be able to locate your car in the parking lot."

That would be awesome!

My '22 PY delivery (Minneapolis area, during covid) was in a parking lot. Only saw people when my key cards didn't work. This year shouldn't be any better. This copied from my Tesla Advisor:

"When you arrive you will come inside the building to sign documents and get your app set up. With the app you will be able to locate your car in the parking lot."
It is wild how different each delivery center is run. At the one in Irvine, CA, there was music blasting, balloons, lots of Tesla employees asking if we needed help and even a life size Elon cut out you can take pics with. Able to inspect vehicle at my leisure and had a Tesla guy come up and ask me if we wanted a full tour of all the features and functionality of the car or if we had specific questions. Then he asked if we wanted a pic taken with our new X. It was the most white glove service I have ever had when picking up any car I have ever bought.

Regarding Covid era pick up's, I had the same no-touch service when I got my Y but I understood at that time.

Reactions: towndrunk
It is wild how different each delivery center is run. At the one in Irvine, CA, there was music blasting, balloons, lots of Tesla employees asking if we needed help and even a life size Elon cut out you can take pics with. Able to inspect vehicle at my leisure and had a Tesla guy come up and ask me if we wanted a full tour of all the features and functionality of the car or if we had specific questions. Then he asked if we wanted a pic taken with our new X. It was the most white glove service I have ever had when picking up any car I have ever bought.

Regarding Covid era pick up's, I had the same no-touch service when I got my Y but I understood at that time.

Our 2018 experience was much better.

2018-09-14 14.09.22.jpg

I had the same thing… was off $5… wrote a personal check and drove off…
Don't sweat it. You are in control until you hand over payment.
The form to transfer FSD was something I was asked to do as well. It’s very similar to the FUSC form if you have agreed to transfer it as well. You simply esign it and send it back to them. It won’t show up anywhere in the app.
Living a mile from the SC has its perks. Showed up in person and got everything straightened out. FSD transfer set and I can do an ACH payment for the $20 difference.

Even moved up my delivery from tomorrow afternoon to today!