Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did they take to adjust the price back? I don’t know why my advisor keeps saying they may not be able to do it for me. Do you think you can share a screenshot of text messages that I can show him it happened in another case? Also, did they adjust the price at the delivery or before? Thank you in advance.
They adjusted it a day before delivery
How long did they take to adjust the price back? I don’t know why my advisor keeps saying they may not be able to do it for me. Do you think you can share a screenshot of text messages that I can show him it happened in another case? Also, did they adjust the price at the delivery or before? Thank you in advance.
they adjusted the day or two before delivery officially

So sorry for the delay! See attached. Hope it helps
Thank you! I ended up changing to the grey color. The sales manager called me and said, "I would definitely do it for you if I could. I just can't. This rolls out on the 15th." I don't have the energy to fight anymore. Too much back and forth since the 1st VIN. I went to see a grey X in the showroom and updated my color choice. My 2018 X is a white color so maybe it’s time for a new color. Now the EDD is showing Feb 21 - March 7.

Be careful if they only applied an adjustment. If the sticker msrp is over $80k it won’t be eligible for the tax credit even if the final sale price is under $80k.
Interesting. I picked up my X last Friday and got the tax credit applied at point of sale with no issues. My price did not change from the original order price on 12/2. They gave me the window sticker, and it showed the car over $80k with the $2500 paint surcharge that was added recently.

Reactions: Szzz
Interesting. I picked up my X last Friday and got the tax credit applied at point of sale with no issues. My price did not change from the original order price on 12/2. They gave me the window sticker, and it showed the car over $80k with the $2500 paint surcharge that was added recently.
Good thing it’s Teslas problem now since the credit basically gets transferred to them.

Reactions: Szzz and csrpenfab
Good luck! Dont forget to share how it goes!
Went horrible, just like the entire ordering / sales process. Tesla service and sales advisors and the entire sales process is just ridiculously incompetent.

Went to pick up my Black Tax X today at noon and ended up waiting close to 5 hours for Tesla Financial to adjust the financing terms to reflect the correct downpayment. They managed twice to update the financing terms after they had noticed that my original financing offer had expired last night at 8PM
I originally ordered a inventory Tax edition X 12/15 - was supposed to be available for pickup before end of the year … but somehow the Tesla system was messing up the order and cancelling it… appearantly to a bug in their system…
Twice today the managed to update my financing terms, but both times messing up the downpayment amount. After more than 4 1/2 hours I requested my check back and left.

The car itself was flawless, besides the fact that it took 1 1/2 hours for me to finally see it the first time because they “they were behind in the prepping process”.

Only positive thing was that I had plenty of time going thru the entire pre delivery checklist - car was flawless - gaps all good etc., but I think I don’t want the car anymore. Been super happy with the product ( coming from a P85D ) but I think I am done with the company. Too disappointed- might sleep over it but looking at Rivians now. They had a bunch of Cybertrucks in the lot, I have one on order too - but again this very moment I think I am done with Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_1346.jpeg
    IMG_1346.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Went horrible, just like the entire ordering / sales process. Tesla service and sales advisors and the entire sales process is just ridiculously incompetent.

Went to pick up my Black Tax X today at noon and ended up waiting close to 5 hours for Tesla Financial to adjust the financing terms to reflect the correct downpayment. They managed twice to update the financing terms after they had noticed that my original financing offer had expired last night at 8PM
I originally ordered a inventory Tax edition X 12/15 - was supposed to be available for pickup before end of the year … but somehow the Tesla system was messing up the order and cancelling it… appearantly to a bug in their system…
Twice today the managed to update my financing terms, but both times messing up the downpayment amount. After more than 4 1/2 hours I requested my check back and left.

The car itself was flawless, besides the fact that it took 1 1/2 hours for me to finally see it the first time because they “they were behind in the prepping process”.

Only positive thing was that I had plenty of time going thru the entire pre delivery checklist - car was flawless - gaps all good etc., but I think I don’t want the car anymore. Been super happy with the product ( coming from a P85D ) but I think I am done with the company. Too disappointed- might sleep over it but looking at Rivians now. They had a bunch of Cybertrucks in the lot, I have one on order too - but again this very moment I think I am done with Tesla.
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I hear Rivian will be switching to the NACS connector in 2025 so may be worth waiting for that? I hear the non-Supercharger network sucks balls. My only experience was three times when I needed to charge my Y and I was not near a supercharger. Every time, the number of non-working chargers (EVGo) was about 40% at the corral of chargers.

Reactions: POW-RDR

If you have test driven a Rivian, definitely worth trying. If cost wasn’t a concern, I definitely would prefer a R1S over the X. The fit and finish is significantly better and customer service is still good since they don’t have that many customers yet. Existing cars are supposed to get an adapter to use with Supercharger this year.

Reactions: POW-RDR
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I hear Rivian will be switching to the NACS connector in 2025 so may be worth waiting for that? I hear the non-Supercharger network sucks balls. My only experience was three times when I needed to charge my Y and I was not near a supercharger. Every time, the number of non-working chargers (EVGo) was about 40% at the corral of chargers.
Good point! I haven’t much thought about the charging network. But it’s definitely worthy of a lot of consideration too! First time thinking about Rivian really as I have a very early Cybertruck order (been invited for Foundation series order but declined the surcharge )

I updated my old S 2014 P85D to CCS charging - and a lot of places I travel to are rather remote, and have to often depend on non-Tesla network chargers, and can also attest to the lack of uptime on a lot of non Tesla chargers!

@dailo

No I haven’t yet. I will see if there is an opportunity here in Vegas and I will do it in the morning. What originally attracted me to the X is the ability to use the back as an easy camping solution - something I would lack with a traditional pickup body style. Was planning on using the X as a “soft” overlander vehicle with built in bed. All terrain tires, roof rack etc.

My orginal plan was to go on an adventure tonight with my new car and drive to Utah for some powder chasing - looks like I will be car shopping instead.

Last edited:
I am within the estimated delivery window, which is from Feb 21 to March 8 right now. The front date usually keeps shifting as the calendar date passes. This is the first time the front estimated delivery date was behind the calendar date. Anyone experience with the same?