Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery brought forward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had the following text:

"Tesla Update - Great news! Your Model 3 will be arriving earlier than expected. Your updated estimated delivery window is between 7/8 and 20/8 in Birmingham. Your invoice will be available shortly, please prepare for payment. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

Original window was 17th to 24th of August.
Can they get stuff from Zeebruge to Birmingham THAT quickly? :D

95373D60-1E9C-4792-9BDA-A21C6599216E.png
Just had the following text:

"Tesla Update - Great news! Your Model 3 will be arriving earlier than expected. Your updated estimated delivery window is between 7/8 and 20/8 in Birmingham. Your invoice will be available shortly, please prepare for payment. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

Original window was 17th to 24th of August.
Can they get stuff from Zeebruge to Birmingham THAT quickly? :D
SNAP

Looks like I might have to pop down on my holiday.

Exactly the same text received here today too. Also Birmingham. Also 7-20 August instead of 17-24 August. Final invoice on its way. Things are getting real :D

The fact I’m on hols and won’t be able to make any date before 12th is a minor point, I’m assuming that Tesla will be able to accommodate sometime after 12th.

I just got this text too.....funny enough I didn't have the one before (even if I had a VIN in my source code..)..

Now what is irritating is that I am on holiday from the 10th to the 24th....is everyone ok if I go first on the 8th? :)

Heathrow delivery, P+ Black, White Interior, nothing else

Reactions: davidmc
You can try, but they will then allocate your current car to someone else and match your order to another car on a future boat. They don’t have much room in the U.K. to store cars.
I ordered a P- so am looking at a depreciation hit on that (only paying £500 less than the recently revised P+ price). A late August registration hits residual value vs September so it could be a double whammy for used value vs re-ordering P+ for delivery in a couple of months.

You can try, but they will then allocate your current car to someone else and match your order to another car on a future boat. They don’t have much room in the U.K. to store cars.
yip, I asked one of the chaps had on the phone the other day and that's pretty much what he said... your VIN will go to someone else and you'll be assigned a new car... Now does that put you top of the list for the next shipment...? who knows...