Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery chaos continues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or is it because they may end up registering a vehicle with incorrect information and getting that wrong is probably a pain to fix?

Maybe, but one of my day-before-collection calls was to tell me that the address details on licence and My Tesla were different and asking which was correct. So they were not doing registration Red Tape until then (and there was Info Stuff about not using online car insurance processes (use "call a person" instead) because they won't know that the car exists. It said "this is normal for new cars" ... but clearly Tesla, if not others, are doing the Red Tape very close to handover ... perhaps to accommodate any late-changes from Customer (e.g. "New Home, New Baby Car"?!) - which must happen from time to time.

So after zero communication since ordering, other than the apology text on the govt grant related change on the order agreement, I received a text from Tesla today. It basically thanked me for “completing your Tesla account” and confirmed the details I submitted when I placed the order ie. cash order, no trade-in, delivery Birmingham. Does this text mean I’m closer to getting my car or is it just Tesla playing catch up on my order details that were completed weeks ago? I think I know the answer but.....:)

I also had this message today, also a cash order, also Birmingham. Was this message just for cash buyers in Birmingham maybe? I ordered the P+, Silver, Black interior, no FSD.

I also had this message today, also a cash order, also Birmingham. Was this message just for cash buyers in Birmingham maybe? I ordered the P+, Silver, Black interior, no FSD.
I've had the text, then a phone call confirming finance details, then a follow up email to send written confirmation.
I'm also collecting from Birmingham (LR AWD, Black, Black, FSD).
She said August delivery...

Had a call today (not 'the call') just checking my delivery location, as lovely as Charlotte was on the phone, they know as much / maybe a little less than we do.

Still, nice to be acknowledged, other than the £3500 text it's the first I've heard from them.

Sounds like a time wasting exercise that all it does is give people the opportunity to change something and add more complexity.
Not for me. The calls were extremely useful and had everything to do with:
1. trade-in (due to the uncertainty surrounding the delivery date and my current arrangements),
2. PCP (due to the AWD LR not having a GMFV due to it being de-listed),
3. 19" Wheels (due to Tesla removing the option before I had a chance to add them to my order)
4. Collection location, because I requested to change it
...plus a few other bits and bobs.

Mind you, most of these "issues" could have been avoided in the first place perhaps.

Be prepared that Tesla will close all telephone numbers so you cannot reach them anymore.
Contacting them can only be by e-mail.
This due to huge overload in telephone calls with questions regarding delivery etc. Some people calls them every day - they get mad of all the questions - overload.
It happened in Holland and even service centers cannot phone customers direct anymore to inform them about a repair or so.
All contacts go by sms text message or by e-mail.
A service appointment can only be made by your Tesla app.

Very frustrating but that is the new way of communication - will that policy hold untill end of the year ?
I doubt. BUT BUT BUT - when you have the Model 3 - you forget everything - I know by experience.
Hold on, sit back and wait - its the only option.