Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my red MYLR on 11/4 at the Dedham store. It has been a hoot commuting in it. Way more than the crazy smooth acceleration which take a little getting used to, the thing I enjoy most is the autopilot feature (the autosteer is only available on and off; I don't yet understand why). Takes the drudgery of my long commute away. I arrive at work much fresher and go home without feeling like I have been hit by a truck in the evening. One pedal driving is fun. Really, they should make all cars this way. I have only been charging my car at home on my wallbox charger. Yet to go to a supercharger.

I thoroughly inspected the car using the Inspect T app checklist. The build quality seems to have improved substantially. I did not see any untoward panel gaps, misaligned panels or seats, but there was a small paint chip about 3 mm in diameter on the corner of the liftgate. There were also a couple of tiny paintchips near the hinges on the passenger side doors (front and rear). Already have an appointment booked in Dec to take care of these issues, but Tesla Service sent me a $78 estimate for the touch up. What the heck! Why should I pay for something I noticed and documented at delivery? Going to have to fight it. Other than that, the car is a real hoot to drive around.

All the best to everyone still waiting.

After getting approved for Tesla loan can you purchase another car (loan) from somewhere else before accepting delivery? There is a car in stock somewhere else I wanted. But still want this one and got approved with Tesla. Do they look into the loan again before giving you your car? Can they deny the loan after approving?

I took delivery of my red MYLR on 11/4 at the Dedham store. It has been a hoot commuting in it. Way more than the crazy smooth acceleration which take a little getting used to, the thing I enjoy most is the autopilot feature (the autosteer is only available on and off; I don't yet understand why). Takes the drudgery of my long commute away. I arrive at work much fresher and go home without feeling like I have been hit by a truck in the evening. One pedal driving is fun. Really, they should make all cars this way. I have only been charging my car at home on my wallbox charger. Yet to go to a supercharger.

I thoroughly inspected the car using the Inspect T app checklist. The build quality seems to have improved substantially. I did not see any untoward panel gaps, misaligned panels or seats, but there was a small paint chip about 3 mm in diameter on the corner of the liftgate. There were also a couple of tiny paintchips near the hinges on the passenger side doors (front and rear). Already have an appointment booked in Dec to take care of these issues, but Tesla Service sent me a $78 estimate for the touch up. What the heck! Why should I pay for something I noticed and documented at delivery? Going to have to fight it. Other than that, the car is a real hoot to drive around.

All the best to everyone still waiting.
You shouldn’t be charged

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Question.. if I get the Tesla Vision agreement.. does it means my VIN assignment is imminent ?? Or its just another step for profile completion ? According to my SA, I should expect delivery Nov-Dec. My order date/profile completaion is around first days of July

but Tesla Service sent me a $78 estimate for the touch up. What the heck! Why should I pay for something I noticed and documented at delivery? Going to have to fight it.
You won't be charged. This is a diagnostic fee they will add sometimes but it will be removed if it is a valid warranty claim, which it is. I've had this happen on many of my service visits but have never been charged.