Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just to add a bunch of data points... I ordered a black/ black MYLR5 for the chicago market on 6/5 and my EDD window shifted back 8 days this morning to 8/2-8/22... so 13 days from the closest date. Hopefully I have a vin around the corner. You can see all my EDD's in sequential order in my signature.

Reactions: MTBevrider
just to add a bunch of data points... I ordered a black/ black MYLR5 for the chicago market on 6/5 and my EDD window shifted back 8 days this morning to 8/2-8/22... so 13 days from the closest date. Hopefully I have a vin around the corner. You can see all my EDD's in sequential order in my signature.
I'm also in Chicago, ordered a silver/black MYLR5 on 5/23 and my EDD is 8/29-9/18, soooo...either we're both maybe getting one in the next few weeks, or (for my sake) you're not going to see yours until September. :)

I'm also in Chicago, ordered a silver/black MYLR5 on 5/23 and my EDD is 8/29-9/18, soooo...either we're both maybe getting one in the next few weeks, or (for my sake) you're not going to see yours until September. :)
thats wild that your EDD is so out of whack with mine. In the current delivery times thread there are a couple more folks expecting delivery in chicago/ highland park and all of our EDD's are within 1-2 days of each other (as of a few days ago)... was your EDD closer and just recently got pushed out or was it always late august/ september?

thats wild that your EDD is so out of whack with mine. In the current delivery times thread there are a couple more folks expecting delivery in chicago/ highland park and all of our EDD's are within 1-2 days of each other (as of a few days ago)... was your EDD closer and just recently got pushed out or was it always late august/ september?
When I first ordered, I think it was June/July timeframe. It was basically right at the end of June that it shifted back pretty dramatically. It was at the end of September at one point, I think, and has been somewhere in the 8/18-8/30+ range for the last week or two. I've been receiving some communication from the West Loop location lately about home delivery, orientation, etc., so I'm hoping that means maybe it's going to be in the near-future, but who knows. From everything I've seen, the EDD is completely useless and you'll just magically have a car one day.

Reactions: ajs847
When I first ordered, I think it was June/July timeframe. It was basically right at the end of June that it shifted back pretty dramatically. It was at the end of September at one point, I think, and has been somewhere in the 8/18-8/30+ range for the last week or two. I've been receiving some communication from the West Loop location lately about home delivery, orientation, etc., so I'm hoping that means maybe it's going to be in the near-future, but who knows. From everything I've seen, the EDD is completely useless and you'll just magically have a car one day.
sounds like yours was one of the orders they couldn't fulfill in Q2 and cycled back into Q3... but I hope you get yours before I get mine... purely out of fairness!

Yeah, right. I ordered a white, base model y long range on April 30th. My current estimate is October 30th, so I don't see how you guys that ordered in July can get delivery in September.
This is a roller coaster ride. My window narrowed from September 12 - September 30 to September 13 - September 30. I fully expect the delivery window to bounce around and still expect actual delivery to happen in early October.

Reactions: MTBevrider
Yeah, right. I ordered a white, base model y long range on April 30th. My current estimate is October 30th, so I don't see how you guys that ordered in July can get delivery in September.
You are in Florida, they are in CA. Tesla prioritizes easy deliveries that they can do within CA. One car carrier can do one delivery every other day in SoCal and maybe 1-2 per day in NorCal. They can do one delivery in two weeks to Florida. The CA ones will result in higher deliveries per quarter.

You are in Florida, they are in CA. Tesla prioritizes easy deliveries that they can do within CA. One car carrier can do one delivery every other day in SoCal and maybe 1-2 per day in NorCal. They can do one delivery in two weeks to Florida. The CA ones will result in higher deliveries per quarter.
This is the opposite of the conventional wisdom. Tesla wants as many cars delivered as possible by the end of a quarter, so the ones that take longer to deliver get shipped first. Europe, East Coast then West Coast. Model Ys aren't currently exported to Europe, so East Coast should get them first.

MY -LR- MSM - 7 Seat -Tow order date 6/23

GitHub - mykeln/teslaprep: A comprehensive guide on preparing for, taking delivery of, and owning a Model 3 also another good list. you can also add the link to your phone Tesla Prep
6/24:Estimated Delivery: August 02 - September 01

6/25/: Estimated Delivery: August 15 - September 14

7/1: Estimated Delivery: August 22 - September 21

7/10: Estimated Delivery: August 19 - September 18

7/11: Estimated Delivery: August 14 - September 13

7/11: October

7/15: Estimated Delivery: July 29 - August 18

7/16: Estimated Delivery: August 24 - September 13

7/20: Estimated Delivery: August 30 - September 19