Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No EDD change again today ... Sep 2 - 15

May the VIN gods be kind to all of us May, June and July orders this week! I'm now past the outside date (Aug-20) of my first EDD. To think I was concerned when I ordered the MYP that I might get it too quickly in July or Aug. 😂 I'm glad I did not wait longer than July 4 to place the order and finish the profile.

bricked in like 5 years. if it was under recall, you do not have a choice to get it fixed/replaced? would be dumb to be sitting on this expensive vehicle and not be able to use it
It should be covered by the recall. However, the soonest they could get into the shop in Northern VA was 8/31. Pretty much sucks. When the central screen goes, you have no control over anything. You also cannot connect via the app either. Hopefully, it will be fixed at no cost so that I can trade it for the MYP which should arrive in September.

Wonder if those people who ordered in July that got their VIN quicker are the people who lived in areas that needs proof of insurance with the Tesla vin. I'm in Illinois and the only proof of insurance I have to provide is insurance from another car and not an actual vin from Tesla. Just guessing here.

Wonder if those people who ordered in July that got their VIN quicker are the people who lived in areas that needs proof of insurance with the Tesla vin. I'm in Illinois and the only proof of insurance I have to provide is insurance from another car and not an actual vin from Tesla. Just guessing here.
That's in most cases all that's required to complete the ordering steps - your existing insurance coverage doc.
You don't need to show having insurance for a vehicle you don't yet own or have a VIN for.

I'm in Texas and a VIN is required to upload proof of insurance. I ordered in June. Still waiting.

Reactions: DZMY