Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also Austin, TX delivery here. 👋

I was told by SA and delivery manager that insurance makes no difference in prioritization for EDD and VIN. That, of course, makes sense such much of the country requires a VIN before proof of insurance can be done.

finally got a VIN!!!!

June 1, 2021 - Ordered MYLR
June 2 - Aug 18 - Delivery day changed constantly, as short as 60 days up to 120 days
Aug 19 - Received VIN (EDD changed to Aug 31-Sept 3)
Aug 23 - started the finance process through another bank
Aug 24 - did not hear from my rep so I contacted the local Tesla Dealership
Was told that the MYLR was on transit to the local dealership
Should arrive Sept 3 (stated they would need a couple of days to inspect and then I could pickup the MYLR)
Stated that I should receive an email between Aug 24-27 to schedule my pickup

now I wait to receive the email to schedule my pickup!

Why is your EDD pushed all the way to November?
Your guess is as good as mine. My order agreement also shows 6/20. I stopped by the Tesla showroom here in town and they couldn't give me any more information than my Tesla user account page does. It showed a generic "October" for a while, or no date at all, and it's been in this November range for a couple weeks now. Seems like there are a number of us in the same situation.

Your guess is as good as mine. My order agreement also shows 6/20. I stopped by the Tesla showroom here in town and they couldn't give me any more information than my Tesla user account page does. It showed a generic "October" for a while, or no date at all, and it's been in this November range for a couple weeks now. Seems like there are a number of us in the same situation.
I am super shocked that you are all the way in November. I did not complete my order until 7/28, and I am sitting at the range in my sig for some time now. At one point, I was more into October than November...I really wish I knew how their systems worked for delivery. I hope you get yours sooner. I genuinely feel bad.

I ordered just around the same time (6/18) and had no EDD at all for about 50 days, then brief October phase, then late Aug-early Sept, to current 9/2-9/22.

I feel like I've seen a few other TX orders that had much later EDDs than others with similar ODs. Just a theory but it could be that they are trying to time these deliveries for GigaTexas production vehicles.

I ordered just around the same time (6/18) and had no EDD at all for about 50 days, then brief October phase, then late Aug-early Sept, to current 9/2-9/22.

I feel like I've seen a few other TX orders that had much later EDDs than others with similar ODs. Just a theory but it could be that they are trying to time these deliveries for GigaTexas production vehicles.
I don't think that's the case because we wouldn't be able to get the direct from Giga anyway. Because Texas is ass backwards, they have to ship them out of state and then back in. My neighbor who ordered the same spec as me (only with white seats) in May just got his last week and every time I see it I get a little more jealous, but maybe that means I'm only a few weeks from getting mine? Who knows?

I am super shocked that you are all the way in November. I did not complete my order until 7/28, and I am sitting at the range in my sig for some time now. At one point, I was more into October than November...I really wish I knew how their systems worked for delivery. I hope you get yours sooner. I genuinely feel bad.
Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I keep hoping that I wake up one morning to a surprise VIN. I bit the bullet and went halfsies on an old Jeep with a friend that will be a fun/project car for us that I'm just driving around for now so at least I've got something, but it's still disheartening to have a projected wait of 5 months.

Reactions: DZMY and Samier_RN
Sorry, but you can’t look at your order date. Your profile was completed 7/27. That is your order date.

My original date was 2/14. Updated in March. But profile completed 6/4. That is my true order date. You need to compare and align your order to those in the late July timeframe.

My order from 6/4 is due mid-September. Your order from 7/27 sounds about right for November.

Again, sorry for the reality check but better to set expectations low and hope for a surprise!! 🧐🤫😥

Wonder if those people who ordered in July that got their VIN quicker are the people who lived in areas that needs proof of insurance with the Tesla vin. I'm in Illinois and the only proof of insurance I have to provide is insurance from another car and not an actual vin from Tesla. Just guessing here.
I'm in NYC. VIN is required to upload proof of insurance. I ordered on July 11, 2021.

Ordered 7/11/21, Estimated Delivery: November 09 - November 29
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior

Your position the queue is also based on your profile completion date. This is the reason you are pushed back to November. You are in about the same position as someone who ordered and completed a profile on July 27th.
This is true, but in my case I also completed my profile on June 20th. So logically, I should not be looking at a November timeline if people in July are as well.

This is true, but in my case I also completed my profile on June 20th. So logically, I should not be looking at a November timeline if people in July are as well.
Did you make any changes to your order and are you positive you completed your profile on June 20th (Payment Method, trade if applicable, anything else required)? The only other thing I can think of is maybe they don't do as many runs on the black paint?