Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery with only 60 miles of range?!?....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BornToFly

Supporting Member
May 8, 2013
Baby Jet
My car was supposed to be delivered today by transport. He broke down last night with a bearing problem in the trailer. Today they got the trailer fixed and were going to make it by 7pm. He called 30 minutes ago to say he blew a tire and wasn't going to make it. He is 70 miles away. I was going to have my brother drive me down to get it, but it turns out there is only 63 miles of range on the car, and no Superchargers in Utah. WTF Telsa?!? The car has a 260+ miles range and you deliver with about 60 miles on it?!? I was kind of planning on driving it after taking delivery. Now I'm going to have to park it in my garage after I get it and charge it for a few hours. Unbelievable! :cursing:

How do you know it only has 60 miles of range and who is transporting it? No way I'm letting tesla use the same company when I take delivery next week!

I asked him to check before I committed to driving a total of 3 hours round trip. I called Tesla and they confirmed the drivers location, charge on the battery, and odometer mileage of 25 miles. I need a drink....:scared:

My car was supposed to be delivered today by transport. He broke down last night with a bearing problem in the trailer. Today they got the trailer fixed and were going to make it by 7pm. He called 30 minutes ago to say he blew a tire and wasn't going to make it. He is 70 miles away. I was going to have my brother drive me down to get it, but it turns out there is only 63 miles of range on the car, and no Superchargers in Utah. WTF Telsa?!? The car has a 260+ miles range and you deliver with about 60 miles on it?!? I was kind of planning on driving it after taking delivery. Now I'm going to have to park it in my garage after I get it and charge it for a few hours. Unbelievable! :cursing:

Crazy. A double delay?? Granted, I took delivery at Chicago SC today, but they were apologizing for only having 200 mile range at pickup. They did say that my car was charging when I arrived, so I wonder if cars are shipped with <100mi range on the battery? Not sure why that would be, but they were definitely charging mine at the SC. I bet cars on the truck are low but can't imagine why. My car had 35 miles on it, so it must be tested in CA. Why can't they put on a full charge as well??

I know it may be difficult, but be patient just a little longer.
I took delivery of mine Tuesday, still grinning (and pinching myself.)

Crazy. A double delay?? Granted, I took delivery at Chicago SC today, but they were apologizing for only having 200 mile range at pickup. They did say that my car was charging when I arrived, so I wonder if cars are shipped with <100mi range on the battery? Not sure why that would be, but they were definitely charging mine at the SC. I bet cars on the truck are low but can't imagine why. My car had 35 miles on it, so it must be tested in CA. Why can't they put on a full charge as well??
Perhaps they don't want the car to sit with a high charge for a week.
keeping the battery half full to maximize battery health.

You don't necessarily want the truckers to be messin' with charging your car. That's why you already have your charger at home, ready to plug in. If delivery is far from your home then a Ranger would be involved and should provide for sufficient charging.

Delivery at home - best
" " TStore/TShop - good
" near RV Park - doable

Anyone having to deal with less tasty alternatives??
--