Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deposit in for 100D...need to decide on colors/options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is not delivered yet, but here is a picture of a fellow TMC-er and his new midnight in the bay and outdoors, spec-ed like yours. (Faster than running next door and TMC-er loves showing his X, so I am sure he wont mind me sharing) Gorgeous!!!! Also, I think @ohmman started X threads by color at one point??? Try a search.

View attachment 211670 View attachment 211671

Thx. Saw that Midnight pic in the bay in another thread. I have looked at all of the pics in the Midnight color thread and did google image search as well. Always looking for more to compare.

Strongly suggest going with one (even better two) HPWC rather than 14-50 outlets. Physically more robust, aesthetically nicer too. Plus they share a single 100A breaker and shift current as needed. Best of all worlds. Btw, LOVE your garage!

Thanks. I have decided to to get the HPWC installed with the option of adding a second one. Just need my new electrician buddy to come over and give me a quote and a game plan.

Thx. Saw that Midnight pic in the bay in another thread. I have looked at all of the pics in the Midnight color thread and did google image search as well. Always looking for more to compare.
That is a color you need to especially see in person to grasp it. Again, I am not a color person, but it has these flakes of luminescent blue against a very dark gray base. It changes with the light reflection, and thus in person is best. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
That is a color you need to especially see in person to grasp it. Again, I am not a color person, but it has these flakes of luminescent blue against a very dark gray base. It changes with the light reflection, and thus in person is best. Good luck.

Thx. I wish we could see a Midnight X in person because everything I had read says the color always looks different. All of the pics I see look different too. My wife and I aren't sold on the blue that is in the Midnight. Less risk in the Obsidian.

Good point. I could mount the Tesla Wall Charger(s) on the wall to the right of the cabinets and the 24ft should be able to reach any of the 3 stalls (except for a front in Tesla in the leftmost stall). Based on my finished basement drywall ceiling, etc. I may have to have the electrical line come out of the bottom left of the rear wall (just to the left of the leftmost cabinet in my picture). I would think I would be able to run the line in conduit under the cabinets all the way to the right side and then come up the wall to the mounted Tesla Wall Charger. The goal is to not have to uninstall any of the cabinets/countertop/etc. If I did NEMA outlets under the counter I would leave the Tesla cable plugged in all of the time and most likely have the cable coiled up next to either the subwoofer or fridge or both in my garage pic. I would perhaps install some sort of hook under the counter to hold the coiled cable(s) off the ground.

You'd be amazed what an electrician can run where. Challenge him to get everything hidden. Don't know your home construction or wiring locations, but they can do wonders if you don't let them be lazy. Since he's you friend, that's not likely.

Reactions: TechVP
So I am thinking about going with the Tesla Black 22in wheel/tire package when I finalize my order and have a question in to my Tesla rep to confirm that my order would deliver with all season tires. Regardless of the tires that will deliver with the 22s on the car I am thinking about buying a Tesla winter wheel/tire package. I see Tesla has 20" Slipstream (standard Model X wheel, not a huge fan) and 19" Cyclone packages for roughly the same cost ($3100 vs $2800). I believe the 19in Cyclone is perhaps the same upgrade wheel for the Model S but perhaps I am wrong. If it is, I like the wheel design better than the Slipstream but not sure how the 19in wheel will look on the Model X. Looks like all 4 tires in the 19in package are the same size too (265/50/19) vs the different front and rear sizes on the X with 20in and 22in wheels. I will probably only mount winter tires on the X for 3 months per year or so. I guess I am trying to convince myself to spend the cash on the Black 22s with the order since it doesn't look like you can order with standard 20in wheels and buy the 22in wheels as a separate purchase. Does anyone have any thoughts to perhaps help me decide on what to do?