Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailed pictures of installed, official center console!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the dock use up one of the two USB ports?
You do know the built-in USB ports are now higher amperages and don't really require another charger plugged into the 12V outlet.

Looks great! Getting one when they cal my number, too.
The dock does use up one of the ports (the one closest to the driver), and since the dock doesn't work, I brought the 12V back! Plus my 12V has two USB ports and is also a fast charger...with 4 iPads and 3 phones in the family, the extra ports are helpful!

The pics don't do it justice...the quality (except the spring loaded door and charger dock) is great.

riceguy, so have you contacted customer service to let them know of those two issues? I was under the impression that the slow rollout to the waiting list people is to see how well it is/isn't working. I am on the waiting list and on the fence about getting it. I like the design for the most part, but I also take advantage of the free space that I have now. Such first world problems to have. Still loving my car.

This is the best illustration of the Tesla console I've seen: http://andrewwilder.com/tesla_center_console.mov

This is amazingly well done!

The console looks nicely executed, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why I'd want it. The original cup holders seem fine. I charge my phone with a cable while it rests in the cubby below the touchscreen. The center cargo area fits my iPad perfectly, and it's also a nice place to put a pile of mail or a small bag of groceries. I used to store charge adapters and other junk in the center console of my Audi, but the Model S simply doesn't need any of them. Furthermore, I love the open feeling with that area left as is. Just my 2-cents.

This is amazingly well done!

The console looks nicely executed, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why I'd want it. The original cup holders seem fine. I charge my phone with a cable while it rests in the cubby below the touchscreen. The center cargo area fits my iPad perfectly, and it's also a nice place to put a pile of mail or a small bag of groceries. I used to store charge adapters and other junk in the center console of my Audi, but the Model S simply doesn't need any of them. Furthermore, I love the open feeling with that area left as is. Just my 2-cents.

The armrest cupholders are fine, except for their interference with using the armrest as an armrest. Personally, I would like a better location for the cupholders and a little bit of concealed storage. Not sure I'll get the console, though, because I really have come to like the open space.

The armrest cupholders are fine, except for their interference with using the armrest as an armrest. Personally, I would like a better location for the cupholders and a little bit of concealed storage. Not sure I'll get the console, though, because I really have come to like the open space.

I love the open space too, but I think I dislike current cup holders more. I do use the armrest, and it bugs me when there is a drink there, or even when it slides open by itself.

I could also use a bit more storage. The glove box is tiny and not easy to access from the driver seat.

I'm just really glad the price is so reasonable. With the Yacht flooring being $800 (for Obeche Matte), I thought the center console was going to be well over $1000.

Seems like it's time for a poll?
What center console will you be getting?
1) Official Tesla OEM
2) Tesla Accessories CCI
3) console x
4) console y
5) leavin' it open 'cause I like it like that

- - - Updated - - -

Probably need an option for "not sure" too for those still on the fence

Seems like it's time for a poll?
What center console will you be getting?
1) Official Tesla OEM
2) Tesla Accessories CCI
3) console x
4) console y
5) leavin' it open 'cause I like it like that

- - - Updated - - -

Probably need an option for "not sure" too for those still on the fence

It's a choice between Official Tesla OEM and leavin' it open 'cause I'm cheap. The CCI is nice but way too expensive. X and Y don't look so good.

For anyone who has the new Tesla center console, could you possibly measure the area where the iPhone dock is please. The bottom width please. I just bought a iPad mini, and was wondering if it would fit in the charge dock.

BTW, if anyone is interested in buying a slightly used custom Teslacessories CCI in tan and lacewood trim in 4-6 weeks ($650), IM me.

I keep seeing this, but it's actually Teslacessories. They combined the last syllable of "Tesla" with the first syllable of "accessories". Still surprised Tesla hasn't asked them to change the name, though.

Anyway, definitely not interested in that one, since it appears to waste tons of space, and it only has one cupholder.
Heh, it was the back and forth and all the ideas that went into the Teslacessories CCI that spawned the design for the Tesla Motors CCI. Not that the individual options weren't fairly obvious and done before, but I like to think we (those who posted their ideas) had some small part in both designs. :smile:

Not that I plan to use either one. The open space has proven nice.

riceguy, so have you contacted customer service to let them know of those two issues? I was under the impression that the slow rollout to the waiting list people is to see how well it is/isn't working. I am on the waiting list and on the fence about getting it. I like the design for the most part, but I also take advantage of the free space that I have now. Such first world problems to have. Still loving my car.
Haven't had time but will soon!