Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anybody else frame their Model 3 thank you gift?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
IMG_5895.JPG
IMG_5847.JPG
I got the larger size since I attended the M3 unveiling. I also got it signed by Franz and his design team! Just had to frame it at that point! Looks great hanging behind the taps!

As for the freebee-will it be free AP full version-why? They need more AP data. They need to advance the tech more than anything else.
Or, free battery upgrade-one level. I like the 369d option myself. Model 3 with 69kw battery. model 3 69 dude model 369d. Honors to San Dimas, CA. Welcome to the future Bill and Ted.
Free AP with P free as well (but P needs dual motor). It's only software. Cheap cheap cheap to turn on. They will still make major profits off all the other 3s they sell.
Paint-absolutely not-not everyone wants red-huge dumb idea. Paint is opinionated by color.
When asked range is the most critical factor on buying an EV. Best way to make a buyer happy-give em a larger battery for free.
It will have to be something off the baseline-if you get the entry model 3 with no options what could Elon give you for free?
Paint-no not really-you already get paint and you won't spend money on it.
now dual motors-hmm... that's possible. It would make manufacturing very simple. All cars get dual motors-pump them out!
Toss them a 2500.00 motor and P would with a sig emblem-large one on hood-yeah I like that idea.
They still make a nice profit per car - 7.5k plus on average of 42k.
Or special reduced pricing for options-50% off-but this only helps if you have more money to spend-probably won't work.

End of my guesses.

As for the freebee-will it be free AP full version-why? They need more AP data. They need to advance the tech more than anything else.
Or, free battery upgrade-one level. I like the 369d option myself. Model 3 with 69kw battery. model 3 69 dude model 369d. Honors to San Dimas, CA. Welcome to the future Bill and Ted.
Free AP with P free as well (but P needs dual motor). It's only software. Cheap cheap cheap to turn on. They will still make major profits off all the other 3s they sell.
Paint-absolutely not-not everyone wants red-huge dumb idea. Paint is opinionated by color.
When asked range is the most critical factor on buying an EV. Best way to make a buyer happy-give em a larger battery for free.
It will have to be something off the baseline-if you get the entry model 3 with no options what could Elon give you for free?
Paint-no not really-you already get paint and you won't spend money on it.
now dual motors-hmm... that's possible. It would make manufacturing very simple. All cars get dual motors-pump them out!
Toss them a 2500.00 motor and P would with a sig emblem-large one on hood-yeah I like that idea.
They still make a nice profit per car - 7.5k plus on average of 42k.
Or special reduced pricing for options-50% off-but this only helps if you have more money to spend-probably won't work.

End of my guesses.

I'm hoping your were kidding - I'd be very surprised if any of your guesses are correct, they would all be giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, in lost opportunity. They won't give away AP in order to generate data - they're going to be collecting the data anyway, regardless of whether or not AP is activated. Everyone keeps saying that AP is cheap to turn on. It isn't, giving away AP would cost Tesla $5,000 (or whatever it costs in a Model 3) in lost money - I'm sure the stock holders wouldn't appreciate that.

Giving away dual motors, the largest battery, AP, and performance to all the people that waited in line would probably cost Tesla in excess of a billion dollars - it won't happen.

I'd be happy with the scale model everyone has mentioned - that would be cool. Barring that, a t-shirt would be nice, or heck I don't know, how about the chance to order a really cool car sometime next year?

Reactions: Red Sage
I'm hoping your were kidding - I'd be very surprised if any of your guesses are correct, they would all be giving away hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, in lost opportunity. They won't give away AP in order to generate data - they're going to be collecting the data anyway, regardless of whether or not AP is activated. Everyone keeps saying that AP is cheap to turn on. It isn't, giving away AP would cost Tesla $5,000 (or whatever it costs in a Model 3) in lost money - I'm sure the stock holders wouldn't appreciate that.

Giving away dual motors, the largest battery, AP, and performance to all the people that waited in line would probably cost Tesla in excess of a billion dollars - it won't happen.

I'd be happy with the scale model everyone has mentioned - that would be cool. Barring that, a t-shirt would be nice, or heck I don't know, how about the chance to order a really cool car sometime next year?
Those don't make the car stand out, it'll be something visually noticeable on the car and relatively low cost. I'm thinking a colour, badging or unique rims.

I'm wishing it's a free option!

@dsvick do the math-say elon gives away dual motors for free for the 100k that ordered in store pre unveil at cost-not online orders.
1250.00 per motor X 100k-125m hit against the bottom line. Profits for those cars at 20% easily at an average cost of 42.5k
X 300k car minimum reservations=2.4billion now divide 125m by 2.4b he'd be giving away 5 percent profits- not total sales (total sales will be closer to 13b) to loyal customers. Not even an ouch at all. The cost of AP is just programming and computers. Say 20 people are working on it-exaggeration big time on the programming side-The cost of the programmers and computers are 25million-now that is crazy payouts-but it is cheap cheap cheap. Cheaper than dual motors to give away and I'd bet the stock would take off like crazy.

That's called investing back into your customer base and business - a big thank you. I know I would do this to make as many first buyers
happy and hopefully buy a second car down the road.

do the math-say elon gives away dual motors for free for the 100k that ordered in store pre unveil at cost-not online orders.
1250.00 per motor X 100k-125m hit against the bottom line. Profits for those cars at 20% easily at an average cost of 42.5k
X 300k car minimum reservations=2.4billion now divide 125m by 2.4b he'd be giving away 5 percent profits- not total sales (total sales will be closer to 13b) to loyal customers. Not even an ouch at all.
Yes, selling them at cost would reduce the financial hit but I still say $125m is a pretty big hit when the vast majority of people neither wanted nor expected anything other than a car in return for their early reservation. I'll take one of the scale models that has been talked about - now that'd be cool, and something to talk about.

The cost of AP is just programming and computers. Say 20 people are working on it-exaggeration big time on the programming side-The cost of the programmers and computers are 25million-now that is crazy payouts-but it is cheap cheap cheap. Cheaper than dual motors to give away and I'd bet the stock would take off like crazy.
Investors, accountants, and board members are more concerned with the lost opportunity costs. Half a billion is ton of lost opportunity costs if they give away AP. Especially to the people most likely to buy it. The stock would most assuredly not "take off like crazy" if the company starts giving away that much potential income.

That's called investing back into your customer base and business - a big thank you. I know I would do this to make as many first buyers
happy and hopefully buy a second car down the road.
Whether I get free dual motors or a t-shirt will have little to no bearing on if I buy another Tesla, it will depend on if I'm satisfied with the car I get. Huge giveaways and other gimmicks smacks of bribery at best and is a lot less meaningful than something more thought out.