Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla make a weirdmobile? Comparison 3 BMW 3 dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speed cameras.

Ah. For my own anti-ticket strategy, I use a combination of a radar/laser detector and Waze which has good speed camera, red light camera (and also police presence) alerting. But I don't drive too much in cities that use speed cameras all that much either so that helps too.

AnxietyRanger said:
no point in speculating too strongly about it.

Agreed!

That sounded awfully whiny of you, @MXWing. ;)

And Model X is hardly a bachanal...

Bolt gets a lot of critique that it deserves. Being weird is not one of them, but it is low quality.

It's an open letter complaining about open letters!

In any case, two years production sold out no matter what. I suspect if they amped up regen and removed the brake it would still be sold out. ;)

Bolt is fine if you are willing to maintain driving radius of 100 miles and don't mind driving around an econobox in both performance and looks.

It's just the Model 3 is infinitely more flexible with SC access that the two cars are in different classes.

There's nothing to cross shop the 3 against in the space of BEV.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
My anti-ticket strategy is obeying the posted speed limit. It is utterly amazing how well this works. Less stressful and safer too.
I use the AP/cruise control set to speed limit +5. Autopilot will read the speed limit signs and adjust the speed automatically. Since the speedometer reads a few mph high, I'm actually only going a few mph over the posted speed. Where I do most of my driving, the speed limit changes frequently going through small populated areas so it's nice that AP adjusts to every change.

Reactions: GSP and SageBrush
I have been trying to categorize the M3 ever since the Tesla Sales Adviser said it would be a smaller version of the S...but you need to wait 12 + months. So I stood in line at the Sanford Mall store to place my deposit.

Now, thanks to the M3 paparazzi, we are getting an enlightening view!

So it is not a luxury/upscale car-OK got it.

Not a driver centric sporty car. That was what I was hoping with the P version, but-OK.

With that floating screen, it is kinda a geeky car like one I would build myself so I could write macros for my spreadsheets while in the autonomous driving mode. OK that is dope.

I understand the taxi thing with the big passenger space bubble, as this needs to be purpose built for the “Ubers” and rental fleets-OK, I understand.

So I still need some help getting my head around it all.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias
The "floating" is required because the dash is pushed back farther and lower. They need it to be in easy reach of the driver.

I think that all of your other comments are spot-on. I also like that a guy form California is making a hockey analogy. :)
I'd rather hunt for a button than dig through sub-menus.
I concur. Much easier with 100 buttons than 5 sublevels when the car is in motion but hopefully it has a search function to make looking for things easier.