Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did you not get your model 3 within promised window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
initially, i had Nov-Jan first production and now Dec-Feb first production delivery window due to production delay. i assume its delivery window but raising this thread to confirm this. i'm curious, probably like many others, if anyone who had a windows like this did not get their car within delivery adjusted window.

please share your story, info, and context if necessary.

I have a Nov-2017...Jan-2018 delivery window. I have not gotten a car or a configuration email. I own 2 Teslas and live in AZ. I'm in no hurry and hope that they offer the white seats before I place my order. I don't now if this is the info you are looking for.

That's weird, I haven't even received a promised window at all. The only thing I've received is a delivery estimate, used as a guide to when they anticipate the car might be ready, barring any delays or unforeseen circumstances.
I guess I misspoke. It's a delivery estimate.
Delivery time.png

I have a Nov-2017...Jan-2018 delivery window. I have not gotten a car or a configuration email. I own 2 Teslas and live in AZ. I'm in no hurry and hope that they offer the white seats before I place my order. I don't now if this is the info you are looking for.

Same here (minus the AZ and two Teslas part). And also concur with @Foxhound199. I wasn't really expecting Tesla to hit the estimate anyway.

initially, i had Nov-Jan first production and now Dec-Feb first production delivery window due to production delay. i assume its delivery window but raising this thread to confirm this. i'm curious, probably like many others, if anyone who had a windows like this did not get their car within delivery adjusted window.

please share your story, info, and context if necessary.

I have received no promises. I do have an estimated delivery timeframe which is about half gone. I am not worried about it ;)

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
As far as I know, you're correct. That's what makes this thread to have so much potential and personal disappointment. So tired of seeing everyone receiving theirs and desperately want to get mine but end of Feb.
The problem is, there are 10's of thousands, maybe in the high 10's of thousands who have Dec-Feb, so I think the streak will end for sure in February.

I was originally Dec-Feb. Like most, with the delays, my dates shifted and were revised to Jan-Mar. Then in mid Dec it shifted back to Dec-Feb. I was offered to configure on Dec 22nd and the car was delivered two weeks later on Jan 6th. So I guess I am very lucky. I got my car just as originally predicted. I know waiting sucks but I have to say the car is fantastic. It is well worth the wait. I am fortunate to be in the ideal category of a California current owner who reserved on day 1.

Meh, I never took that delivery estimate seriously. I know from Model S threads that even after you put in order the estimate there can still be wrong (even though at that point the car is going through production progress already).

Non-owner, CA resident. Reserved before stores opened (I was traveling so my reservation went in at 3AM on March 31).

Original estimate for first production was Oct-Dec. It got moved to Nov-Jan.

Midway through Jan. I’d have to guess that window isn’t gonna be met...I’m not quite ready anyway but still.

Original estimate was Nov-Jan as a 1st day-reserving, mountain time nonowner and am fairly confident that won't be met. Question remains will it be met for the new window (December-February). The progress of the ramp-up will be key in answering that.

I have a November-January estimate, placed reservation on first day in store and I am an owner in Florida.

Have not received an email to configure, but I do know at least a couple model 3s have been delivered here.

Seems unlikely to hit January delivery, but I am ok with wait.

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
I'm still listed as Dec-Feb.

I'm a non-employee, non-Tesla-owning, NH-living, Natick-MA-reserving, waited-in-line-that-morning person with two reservations.

They say that, when you configure the car, you have 4 weeks to delivery. For Tesla to deliver a car to me in February, I'd have to get the configuration invite in the next 2 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad