Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did your owner's manual disappear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evidently another case when the current software state is not being saved prior to "sleep" and then being restored correctly after resuming from sleep mode.

This has primarily been a media player issue, forgetting the current source, song and position - and may now be an issue with the browser and owner's manual.

I have had this "problem" since the big fall update (ver 9 ?). The owners manual fails to display after a battery charge. I tested this several times and the display fails after any length of charge.
Performing a display reboot seems to solve the issue. (Press both scroll wheels at the same time for about 5 seconds. Screens will go blank and boot in about 1-2 minutes)

WARNING WARNING!! DO NOT TRY TO OPEN OWNERS MANUAL IF YOU HAVE BEEN HAVING A PROBLEM!!

Today my automatic wipers seemed not to be working so I touched the Tesla logo at the top of the screen and then "view owners manual" and the screen went black and is now cycling between black, gray with logo, black with logo and doing this over and over.

Tesla telephone support was unable to do anything and told me that it may be 10 days until they attempt to fix it over the air. If they are unable they say the mobile support cannot be sent out and I will have to take it to the service center for $$$$$.

Maybe I should have found the online version LOL

If that is true at the speed of the cars web browser it would take a week to appear on the screen. LOL

I fixed my screen! YAAY A post on the Tesla forum said to remove the thumb drive from the USB port. ALL FIXED! You would think Tesla support would know that.

Last edited: