Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have zero insider knowledge of supply chain and teslas plan, but would think they would release it in the CT first, then wait a bit to retrofit the 3/Y/S/X. The CT comes out late this year so if that turns out to be true, you'll be waiting awhile.

Nope. They said it will not be a significant source of earnings for 2023...only 2024 so take that as you will.

HW4 in MY sounds like end of 2023 at best as it is coming to CT first and that is taking forever.
Where did you hear HW$ end of 2023? The earnings call said no hardware 4 for the cars at this time, so I am not sure where you got "end of 2023" from? They said the CT is what they are focusing on for HW4. Sorry but it looks like you will have to wait alittle longer maybe a year or longer.

Where did you hear HW$ end of 2023? The earnings call said no hardware 4 for the cars at this time, so I am not sure where you got "end of 2023" from? They said the CT is what they are focusing on for HW4. Sorry but it looks like you will have to wait alittle longer maybe a year or longer.
They didn't say it. It is just my impression reading between the lines that they want to get HW4 into CT first and CT is not going to be delivering till later this year. So my guess is HW4 in MY is late this year. Just my thoughts after listening to the call. Could happen tomorrow for all I know but I'm betting Q4.

They didn't say it. It is just my impression reading between the lines that they want to get HW4 into CT first and CT is not going to be delivering till later this year. So my guess is HW4 in MY is late this year. Just my thoughts after listening to the call. Could happen tomorrow for all I know but I'm betting Q4.
That is IF they start delivering the CT this year. I can see some sort of delay happening pushing it out to next year. Tesla's focus now on the CT. They are not going to worry about HD4 in the cars yet. Elon said HD3 works fine in your car on the earrings call, so that means to me he is not even thinking about that at all. sorry.

That is IF they start delivering the CT this year. I can see some sort of delay happening pushing it out to next year. Tesla's focus now on the CT. They are not going to worry about HD4 in the cars yet. Elon said HD3 works fine in your car on the earrings call, so that means to me he is not even thinking about that at all. sorry.

Dont the Tesla Model 3 project Highland was
spotted with additional camera inside the front headlight,
which could be part of the HW4, and might be delivered in Q3 of 2023 ?

tesla project highland Front Camera .jpg

That was debunked as a bra snap not a camera. We see what we want to see but not always a fact.

Well, I installed a camera under my front license plate looking toward the left side.

This is the only way I can exit safely from my garage without having the front of my car entering into the street lane.
This saved me from having potentialy few accidents, especially with those electric scooters going at a crazy speed.

I used this camera at some intersections when the side view is limited by vehicules parked at each corners.
Especially when those large pickups truck, with a hood taller than the roof of my car, are parked blocking the view of the coming traffoc.

I noticed several self driving cars companies in San Francisco using lidars and cameras located at each angle of a car.
I really sceptical that Tesla could really do some autonomous driving using only cameras on the windshield and on the B pillar.

Sounds like HW3 will never be capable of FSD.
If so, Tesla seems to owe some people some money.

They sell FSD (Beta) at silly prices, but if they will never be able to make it out of beta, then someone should get their money back.

Like now, they sell the package with NOA, at about half the price of FSD, but this package is said on their webpage to include Summon and smart summon, that, from what i have read, is not actually available on Vision only cars right now.

Reactions: JaxY
If so, Tesla seems to owe some people some money.

They sell FSD (Beta) at silly prices, but if they will never be able to make it out of beta, then someone should get their money back.

Like now, they sell the package with NOA, at about half the price of FSD, but this package is said on their webpage to include Summon and smart summon, that, from what i have read, is not actually available on Vision only cars right now.
It is called "BETA" meaning you are a beta tester when you agreed and signed the paper to participate in the best tester program. I didn't look at the actual contract, but did the signed paper/document say "FSD will be out of beta"?

Reactions: JaxY and WyoDude
It is called "BETA" meaning you are a beta tester when you agreed and signed the paper to participate in the best tester program. I didn't look at the actual contract, but did the signed paper/document say "FSD will be out of beta"?
Yes you buy into the beta program, but to be honest, no matter what is written in the contract, i would assume most people would believe that the beta will some day be "not beta"

If people were told straight up, that they paid the money to be part of a beta testing team, with the posibility that this product would never be out of beta, i would think a lot of people would not want to pay.

I was considering the half price option, with NOA, but since my car is going to be without USS and radar, this means that right now 60% of the advertised functions of this system is not available.

Autopart, Summon and Smart summon is deactivated as far as i have read, so only Navigate on autopilot and automatic lane change is available.

If they manage to get the other features working i might consider it in the future, but i don't think they will ever be able to make a reliable autopark feature without the Ultrasonic sensors to be honest.

Reactions: JaxY
Any talk about 'waiting for this or that feature' always reminds me of the poor saps that waited for the 4680 batteries, missed several years of driving and savings and STILL cannot order a car with them today. At least the prices have come back down to close to where they were 2 years ago when I ordered, around the time that discussions about waiting for the 4680's began....

Any talk about 'waiting for this or that feature' always reminds me of the poor saps that waited for the 4680 batteries, missed several years of driving and savings and STILL cannot order a car with them today. At least the prices have come back down to close to where they were 2 years ago when I ordered, around the time that discussions about waiting for the 4680's began....
I don’t know. Seems like once HW5 comes out, new cameras are upgraded, FSD finishes, Radar gets added back, one piece mega casting is happening, new batteries are out then the car will be perfect, so if we just wait until then…