Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called to use my hold. For whatever reason, since it was the day before my delivery window she said that she did not have to use my 14 day hold and she could release my VIN and then when I'm assigned a new VIN I could call back and have them do the 14 day hold.

When I ultimately get assigned a new VIN I'll see if it's in expected range of HW 4.0 and then either accept or use my 14 day hold.
Keep us updated, please! I’m curious to see how long it takes you to get a new VIN, and whether it’s before or after the PF789400ish cutoff. Could you share your build configuration?

Also the screen name is quite apt

Yay (?) - I just got my 'schedule your delivery' email.

Based on what i'm reading in this forum, looks like my vin has hw4. Does anyone have an educated guess around whether punting on this one might improve my chances of getting a vehicle with the Phoenix radar? Love that name btw - clearly someone has a sense of humor at Tesla ;)
It seems the general consensus on Reddit is that HW4 is not likely to include the radar on 3 or Y, at all. At least not until after the rumored Highland/Juniper refresh thought to be coming late 2024. The HW4 coming on new S and X builds does include the radar but “sources” say the 3 and Y will not get it anytime soon.

Reactions: WyoDude and bin/etc
Keep us updated, please! I’m curious to see how long it takes you to get a new VIN, and whether it’s before or after the PF789400ish cutoff. Could you share your build configuration?

Also the screen name is quite apt

From my original post:

I just made an account to give my own update on my Model Y purchase.

Long Range, Silver, Black interior, 19" Wheels, 7 Seater, Tow Hitch

I ordered about 2 weeks back and noticed my VIN was F788xxx, before the range of VIN #s we've read about including HW4.0

Delivery windows was set for June 2 - June 8.

I called today to put on hold. They released my VIN and said June 1st, the day before my delivery window, I'd be issued a new VIN. At that point I could call back and put it on hold for the full 14 days.

I will report back when the new VIN is issued and let everyone know what it was updated to.

I called to use my hold. For whatever reason, since it was the day before my delivery window she said that she did not have to use my 14 day hold and she could release my VIN and then when I'm assigned a new VIN I could call back and have them do the 14 day hold.

When I ultimately get assigned a new VIN I'll see if it's in expected range of HW 4.0 and then either accept or use my 14 day hold.
From what Tesla told me, this is not allowed. You can only pass on 2 VINs, then your order will be cancelled. One of us is right, and I'm not certain its me since I'm just relaying my interpretation of what Tesla told me. FWIW, my order is only hold after being assigned the first VIN because Colorado changed state tax incentives starting with July 1 deliveries.

It’s the software that’s holding FSD back. I’m not sure how better hardware will improve anything. Like installing a buggy app in a faster PC, it’s the same buggy app running in faster hardware. I wouldn’t be surprise if when Tesla fixes all issues. They will realize it needs 10X more computing power and we all need HW 6.

Does anyone know if as of today 6/8 - there is a way to confirm HW4 looking at car specs within car? (“Additional details”? Or any other screen?). Thx

PS - know of red tint in cameras but trying to check based on car itself showing anything on display

Does anyone know if as of today 6/8 - there is a way to confirm HW4 looking at car specs within car? (“Additional details”? Or any other screen?). Thx

PS - know of red tint in cameras but trying to check based on car itself showing anything on display
There is no way from the in car display.

I think on MS/MX you could go into the secret service menu and see the radar but no such beast on MY's "HW4 Lite".

My VIN was assigned today, PF803xxx

After my 2 day hold and then about 7 more days for them to reassign a VIN, according to the person doing the lookups on Reddit car was built yesterday with HW 4.0 and Matrix lights.
Regarding this post:

From what Tesla told me, this is not allowed. You can only pass on 2 VINs, then your order will be cancelled. One of us is right, and I'm not certain its me since I'm just relaying my interpretation of what Tesla told me. FWIW, my order is only hold after being assigned the first VIN because Colorado changed state tax incentives starting with July 1 deliveries.
Not that it matters at this point, but in my situation I had only passed on a single VIN. If that didn't work I would have asked to use my hold which would have passed on the second VIN. So I think we're on the same page.

Fortunately it seems that the second issued VIN is good to go.

Not a Tesla app now shows release notes now for a software update that enables park assist on HW4 for those missing it

Reactions: C2023
Not a Tesla app now shows release notes now for a software update that enables park assist on HW4 for those missing it

Mine got updated today, so the lines appeared but it still says "Park Assist unavailable". So a step forward for sure, but more to go.

My VIN was assigned today, PF803xxx

After my 2 day hold and then about 7 more days for them to reassign a VIN, according to the person doing the lookups on Reddit car was built yesterday with HW 4.0 and Matrix lights.
my order is currently on hold, and plan to use up the 14 days to ensure a July delivery date.

Did I understand it correctly that your order was on hold for only 2 days, and 7 days after it was put back in line you got assigned a new VIN?