Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: HW.4 Suite - Availability, retrofit, suitability etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking delivery of a MYLR on saturday. If it doesn't have the HW4 side repeaters, how do I refuse it?
This is how I did it. Before booking MYAWD I told the salesperson that I needed my car with HW4. I communicated with him by text. He assured me that he would make sure that I would get HW4. I booked my car on May 13, 2023. I got VIN assigned on May 26, 2023. But that car didn't have HW4. So salesperson modified my order to MYLR. Meanwhile, he kept an eye on the new MYAWD that are coming for delivery. When I was assigned with MYLR VIN, he again edited the order to MYAWD. After 7 such flip-flops finally I got MYAWD with HW4. Delivery is on June 24, 2023. Hope it helps.

This is how I did it. Before booking MYAWD I told the salesperson that I needed my car with HW4. I communicated with him by text. He assured me that he would make sure that I would get HW4. I booked my car on May 13, 2023. I got VIN assigned on May 26, 2023. But that car didn't have HW4. So salesperson modified my order to MYLR. Meanwhile, he kept an eye on the new MYAWD that are coming for delivery. When I was assigned with MYLR VIN, he again edited the order to MYAWD. After 7 such flip-flops finally I got MYAWD with HW4. Delivery is on June 24, 2023. Hope it helps.

wow you got away with 7 VIN changes??

I can’t believe your SAs are responsive via text. I’ve tried communicating with them via the original texts I was sent after purchase - which state “Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible." Crickets. Zero response to any texts that I’ve sent. I’ve had to drive to the dealer to get answers (Tesla Peabody, MA).

Got my model y LR blue , white , loving it. Can't sleep , perfect built , HW4 Austin built
Just mileage been miserable. I loose charge quick any suggestions ?

Attachments

• 20230619_180242.jpg
    20230619_180242.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 159
For Model Y with HW4, does its MCU also have the discrete Radeon GPU chip or only the Ryzen APU?
Model X with HW4 has both chips on the same MCU board, but Model Y with MCUZ didn't have the Radeon GPU daughterboard.
Good question. As far as I'm aware, it is unknown at this time (until someone does a Model Y HW4 computer teardown). The computer in MY is different than in S/X — there is more info available on that computer.