Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True but the fact that Tesla changed the wording on the site today and only makes note of the M3RWD with LFP losing the credit now, is telling that they know the MY will qualify. I'm sure Tesla (and all the car manufacturers) now know what the 4/17 guidelines are as they will be letting the IRS know over the next 2 weeks if their batteries qualify so the IRS can publish the guidelines and the list of cars on 4/17.
Actually the document is available just not published so they must know already.

Lithium prices going down really fast. EVs will be more and more affordable with production growth and production improvements. We likely can see more price drops this year, if inflation going to slow down.

1680880635428.png

I noticed that production numbers are always above delivery numbers. If, in every quarter, they produce more than they deliver doesn't that mean they have a ton of unsold cars, likely over 100k at this point?

Shouldn't there be a quarter where they delivery more than they produce to get rid of all the produced but not delivered vehicles from prior quarters?

Has there ever been a catch up quarter where they delivered more than produced which would bring unsold inventory down?

Ain’t this refreshing. I just took delivery 2 weeks ago. Oh well!
A moment of prayer for our $66k Oct to mid December and Jan 1 to Jan 13 brethren.

As a Dec 31 buyer at $57k ($66k - $7,500 - $1,500 in SuperCharging credits) I am crying but not as hard as those above.

I do feel better that I don't qualify for the $7,500 tax credit, so at least not taking a hit there.

Reactions: silverforums