Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 1k discount on MYLR 7 seaters in WA and OR :(
Its been a couple of days since I saw anything with more discount.
I was told at the showroom that the MYLRs that we get in this region are from Nevada or Fremont with 2170 batteries.

Only 1k discount on MYLR 7 seaters in WA and OR :(
Its been a couple of days since I saw anything with more discount.
I was told at the showroom that the MYLRs that we get in this region are from Nevada or Fremont with 2170 batteries.
Would make sense they only ship Fremont cars there and not from the further Austin.

Nevada doesn't make cars, just batteries or castings or some part I believe.

I, too, want to know why inventory cars are less than one you build on the website. I'm considering trading in my M3 for a new MY and the inventory cars with the same configuration and model yeare as what I built on the website are up to $6k less. That's significant and I'd just like to know what the diff.

I, too, want to know why inventory cars are less than one you build on the website. I'm considering trading in my M3 for a new MY and the inventory cars with the same configuration and model yeare as what I built on the website are up to $6k less. That's significant and I'd just like to know what the diff.
What’s so confusing about it? Tesla would rather sell you a car sitting already built, rather than build another.

Reactions: MacO512
The inventory cars are either at a Tesla service center or will be there soon. Tesla has to pay money to store the cars and pay employees to move them around and wash them and charge them, etc. They'd rather have the car sold and off the lot. So they give a discount to incentivize someone to buy it immediately. They also get the sale immediately which now would be part of their end of quarter profit for the entire company.

It's not a demo or used vehicle or anything. Tesla does sell Demo for a discount but it clearly has Demo on the listing. The new vehicles in the inventory page are new vehicles the same as when you build your own and order.

I've placed 5 orders from inventory, 4 of them were not yet immediately available for delivery while 1 was. So I guess in theory there is a chance an inventory purchase could be a vehicle somebody else ordered and rejected at delivery for panel gaps or paint flaw. However even in this rare worst case scenario you can report the flaw at delivery and Tesla will repair either that day or at a future time as you have a full warranty. Of course you could reject delivery but that would be such a pain I wouldn't do that unless it was an extremely major defect.

I'd always order from inventory if there is any discount vs placing a full price build.

I got my LR for $5050 discount on inventory and I'm super happy with it. But that was an unusual lower price, and I live very close to Giga Texas.

I guess the other future possibilities with these large discounts is we will have a model Y price drop on the way. I could see Tesla doing that if their inventory builds up. But then they would likely reduce discounts substantially so the net price you pay likely would be very similar to getting a good discount now.

Y-LR @ $45440 is back at Raleigh after a drought. Get em while you can.

edit: And 20 minutes later it is gone.
San Antonio has $45,440

1695083178842.png

Didn’t want to wait until the last minute looking for Red/White, YLR, tow hitch. Nice to know I can add the tow. Opens the pool a bit. I’ve seen 5k discounts, so $49k. Plan to get one before Oct. Don’t really want to drive to Charlotte, come on Raleigh.

Looks like the party is over down here. Cheapest Model Y are steady at 44770 (awd) and 46960 (lr). Otoh, Model 3 are rocking back down to $36620 which is a real bargain regardless of highland expectations. yeah, i'm still obsessed with it.
Yep mt kisco model 3 rwd still as low as I've seen it, but the AWD are higher (earlier today it had none) and the LR are creeping up again.

I almost pulled the trigger but tbh the significantly higher insurance quote I got going from a '22 rav4 hybrid to a Y LR kinda gave me cold feet. I'll keep an eye out but not in a huge hurry now.

This is pretty good for Mt Kisco if you want the 20" :). Pricing creeping down again. I can't believe a model 3 rwd is $36,220, which in my state means it's actually $26,720 after credits ($2000 point of sale rebate). Like hot damn...

EDIT: actually this is long-island; i only look for NY delivery in my searches.

1695321940332.png
1695322035249.png

Reactions: pipestem
I had my order canceled from last week, and have been trying to snag another good deal. It worked out well in my favor, as I was able to grab a silver LR for $45,440. That's the lowest price I've seen in PA over the past week or two. I may end up having to eat a second $250 order fee, but it wasn't worth missing out on that discount, as I called 3 times this week about inventory vehicles and they all got ordered while waiting for them to reassign the VIN.